Moparts

hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit?

Posted By: buconine

hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 02:43 AM

Anyone one running the hotchkis leafs and dr diff offset spring kit on their a body? Getting ready to start ordering parts for my 69 valiant and wanted to make sure there weren't any compatibility issues. I read on another post that the hotchkis front hanger was for correcting geometry issues. I wasn't sure if this would cause any issues using dr diffs offset hanger.
Thanks!
Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 02:55 AM

Depends on the different mounting location/eye position of his front hangers. At that point I would call our sales folks and see if they'll pull a kit apart for you and just sell you the leaf packs, bushings and u-bolt kit. Our A-body leaf uses a 1/2" front bolt, I'm not sure what the Dr. Diff setup uses.
Posted By: goldduster318

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 03:19 AM

http://www.doctordiff.com/a-body-offset-spring-hanger-shackle-kit.html

I have been looking into this as well as I have the MP kit on my car that uses 5/8" front hangar bolts in case I wanted to switch to the hotchkis springs. I remember asking about the size of the front bushing on those springs and they are not the same OD as a stock spring so they can't just be changed in my case.

As you can see the Doctor Diff kit has 2 holes, and to me the upper location looks similar to those on the hotchkis hangars. They do come in 1/2"
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 06:45 AM

Because Hotchkis springs are not made in standard A, B or E body lengths, they will not fit my offset hangers.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 09:49 AM

Quote:

Because Hotchkis springs are not made in standard A, B or E body lengths, they will not fit my offset hangers.

Do you mean width?

I run them with stock front hanger and shackles and length seems fine. Shackles are at good angle.

The Hotchkis dropped front hangers lowered my car too much for my TTI headers and rear tires so I just left stock ones on.
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 05:49 PM

Maybe Hotchkis A-body springs are standard length. I don't think the E-body version is.
Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 06:22 PM

Quote:

Maybe Hotchkis A-body springs are standard length. I don't think the E-body version is.

I'll double check the numbers, but the only reason our segments are slightly shorter is because of the spring lacking arch under load.
Posted By: 12valve

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/12/15 07:20 PM

I have Hotchkis leafs with Dr. Diff spring relocation kit on my 67 fastback with no issues. Granted, it hasn't left the garage yet, but everything clears and bolted up with no issues.
Posted By: buconine

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 01/18/15 12:36 AM

2 people running different hangers on them seems like a safe bet that it will work. Are there any other similar leafs on the market in case i run into any issues? The car will mainly be for autox and track days but will see occasional strip duty as well. Thanks for the info, gents!
Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 06/23/17 05:44 PM

Bringing a thread from the dead. Anyone else have experience with this?
Posted By: JRC

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 06/24/17 05:45 PM

I run the hotchkis leaf springs that I added 2 extra leafs to each and have the Dr Diff offset hangers with no issues. This is on a 72 Dart with a 8.8 explorer rear end. Also with the extra leaves in the springs I run them mounted in the top hole in the front hanger.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: hotchkis leafs and dr diff spring location kit? - 06/25/17 06:08 AM

I run it with a E-body Hellwig rear bar and home made Caltrac setup. Once you get the bigger tires under it and the extra traction you will soon realize spring wrap is out of control. Still like the ride of the Hotchkis springs but thats it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums