Moparts

Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross

Posted By: cudazappa

Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/02/14 09:14 PM

Who's going?

Thanks to Dan for helping organize and put on this little side event in a big event. Prefir the cars as less than static displays myself!
Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/03/14 03:38 AM

Absolutely! Mopar folks are the hardest to get out of their lawn chairs and use their cars as Ma Mopar intended!
Posted By: brads70

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/03/14 04:15 AM

I'm planning on it. Scrambling to finish up a few updates.
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/03/14 05:29 AM

I'm going, but I'll be watching from the sidelines as I'll be there with my 300M Special that needs a new rear strut before it does any serious cornering.

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/03/14 03:28 PM

Quote:

I'm going, but I'll be watching from the sidelines as I'll be there with my 300M Special that needs a new rear strut before it does any serious cornering.

You've got a week! Get cracking!
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/03/14 06:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You've got a week! Get cracking!

I wish - just not enough time with everything else I have going on. I'd bring my 69 Satellite wagon and AutoX that, but its riding on 14'' tires and needs some gas tank attention before I'd bring it out onto the course.

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/05/14 01:25 AM

I have a bunch of stuff I want to do with my Challenger before the show, but not enough time. I'd love to box the LCAs, throw on my solid tie rod sleeves, mount my T/A rear spoiler, pull the fresh fenders to mount the inner fender braces (and cut out the bracket inside the fenders to drop the front suspension some more), put on my Nascar inspired breather/PCV setup, aftermarket pertronix ignition (ECU, Coil, & Distributor) and tune the carb, but everything is "working" now and there's plenty of time after the show to move forward with it. Tomorrow is re-install the grill & front bumper, align the headlights, and do the bezels. Check fluids and take it for a drive on Monday. Load up Wednesday.

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/11/14 04:22 PM

Got word from the guys, everything is set up and a go! I'll be posting pics through the weekend. They are giving out goodie bags to the first 60 folks to get a ride in EMax!

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/12/14 06:02 AM

I was kind of disappointed to learn Friday afternoon that in order to compete you had to register then race then go on a cruise around town? I had alternator issues and wrenched on the car all morning trying to get it ready and didn't even know the course was set up till I wandered over there and was told sorry your too late had to enter earlier etc...? First time I heard about any sort of requirements or planning? Nothing was said on here or pro-touring Mopar etc...?
Poor Cudazappa.... he did not have a good day.

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/12/14 06:29 AM

Sorry that didn't work out for you. They were planning a lot of this at the last minute. And last I heard the Road Rally wasn't finalized. What happened with Cudazappa?
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/12/14 07:29 AM

Quote:

I was kind of disappointed to learn Friday afternoon that in order to compete you had to register then race then go on a cruise around town? I had alternator issues and wrenched on the car all morning trying to get it ready and didn't even know the course was set up till I wandered over there and was told sorry your too late had to enter earlier etc...? First time I heard about any sort of requirements or planning? Nothing was said on here or pro-touring Mopar etc...?

So are you going to get to run your car on the autocross track at all?

Or just not in this competition?

Wonder the extent of mods of the cars that got to compete? Brad's pushed the envelope and thought out of the box on his very garage built car.
Posted By: johnscudashop

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/12/14 12:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So are you going to get to run your car on the autocross track at all?

Or just not in this competition?

Wonder the extent of mods of the cars that got to compete? Brad's pushed the envelope and thought out of the box on his very garage built car.

It seemed like he tried very hard to get his car ready to compete there..

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/12/14 01:47 PM

Quote:

Racing happens... The guys at Hotchkis are first rate class acts. I made my one run last night so I didn't end with a dnf.

Brad, the Hotchkis real street autocross Challenge was an all day affair yesterday. Took up the morning from 9 to almost noon, then the competition autocross for the invitees was at 8pm. Today they are running classes this morning and afternoon with the winners announced at 4:30 kinda like last year.

Any questions I'll be by my car finishing the fender replacement. I don't think I'll be autocross ing any more this weekend.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/12/14 05:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Racing happens... The guys at Hotchkis are first rate class acts. I made my one run last night so I didn't end with a dnf.

Brad, the Hotchkis real street autocross Challenge was an all day affair yesterday. Took up the morning from 9 to almost noon, then the competition autocross for the invitees was at 8pm. Today they are running classes this morning and afternoon with the winners announced at 4:30 kinda like last year.

Oh ok, so he just didn't have his car ready in time for the Street Challenge deal.

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/13/14 08:10 PM

I haven't got much in the details, but looks like some familiar faces taking home trophies from this weekends event! Looks like a certain 1st Gen Charger took the big trophy home!

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/14/14 02:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh ok, so he just didn't have his car ready in time for the Street Challenge deal.

Didn't even know about it till it was over? I was thrashing on the car all week till 2-3am before Carlisle to get it ready. Then drove it down there 8 hours. I wandered over later to try and help David with his alternator issues. Congrats on the win!
I guess my consolation prize for missing out on the autocross was Mopar Muscle magazine taking some pictures and specs of my car for the magazine, one of there top 10 favourites at Carlisle this year.

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/14/14 02:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Any questions I'll be by my car finishing the fender replacement. I don't think I'll be autocross ing any more this weekend.

Did you make it home OK? Was the tie rod bent?

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/14/14 03:54 AM

Quote:

Yup I am fine. Luckily I trailered for the first time this year. You were right, tie rod, the sacrificial part of the steering. I hope you got another run in. Were you able to get your charging situation resolved? I am assuming you are posting from home now...

I had an extra alternator I gave David after he got his award. I saw him driving the Charger around this morning and he said that did the trick.

Still on my iphone so no pics til I finally turn on my computer probably tomorrow at this point.

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/14/14 04:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yup I am fine. Luckily I trailered for the first time this year. You were right, tie rod, the sacrificial part of the steering. I hope you got another run in. Were you able to get your charging situation resolved? I am assuming you are posting from home now...

I had an extra alternator I gave David after he got his award. I saw him driving the Charger around this morning and he said that did the trick.

Still on my iphone so no pics til I finally turn on my computer probably tomorrow at this point.

Nice to have the trailer! Yes I'm home now . I wired in a temporary toggle switch by my seat so I could switch off the electric fan on the hwy and charge the battery.( I need a bigger alternator) I went to go over again but they said they already had 7 groups? Looked at the track and noticed a BMW on the track then went back to the club tent for cc.com.
Posted By: V8val

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/14/14 08:10 AM

Nice work guys, looking forward to some pics! I gotta say, Brads70, love the wide body look! Very different and looks sweet and functional, not just a stance mod
Mind if I put some pics on corner carving Mopars on fb?

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/14/14 03:33 PM

Quote:

Nice work guys, looking forward to some pics! I gotta say, Brads70, love the wide body look! Very different and looks sweet and functional, not just a stance mod
Mind if I put some pics on corner carving Mopars on fb?

Thanks sure go ahead!
Posted By: mustardketchup

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/27/14 11:37 PM

Brad (Brads70):

Those minilite-styled wheels on your car are certainly the cat's meow! Everything looks right - the stance, the style, the width. You did an incredible job with those widened fenders.

Didn't you change the wheels about a year ago and post before/after pictures showing the old and new wheels? By the way, what are the front and rear rim/tire dimensions?

Once again, a really great looking car.

Lawrence

Re: Carlisle Hotchkis Autocross - 07/28/14 01:51 AM

Quote:

Brad (Brads70):

Those minilite-styled wheels on your car are certainly the cat's meow! Everything looks right - the stance, the style, the width. You did an incredible job with those widened fenders.

Didn't you change the wheels about a year ago and post before/after pictures showing the old and new wheels? By the way, what are the front and rear rim/tire dimensions?

Once again, a really great looking car.

Lawrence

Thanks . the rims are 18x11 on all fours 5" backspacing front and 5.5" rear 315/30/18 tires front and 295/40/18 rear

Old rubber was 235/60/15 with 7" rims up front and 255/60/15 with 8" rims on the rear.

© 2024 Moparts Forums