Moparts

LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE

Posted By: Magnumguy

LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/15/13 08:36 PM

This car is pretty much stock, thermoquad and 360, 68 340 cam, solid suspension bushings, pegleg 2.7

Did better than some much lighter and prepped cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsdcQ8kgJrI

Enjoy
Posted By: IndyDave

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/16/13 12:02 AM

Those late B-body cars handled surprisingly well. When I was living down south they were a very stout short track weapon in the pure stock classes against the Metric Caprices. Built this one for myself:

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/16/13 03:42 AM

Man, I'd love some of those parts you tossed...

Good to hear they were beatin' the GM'ers
Posted By: IndyDave

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/17/13 02:31 AM

Quote:

No you didn't, that car was mostly toast when I started with it. Grille, busted. Headlamp doors, cooked. Taillights, crazed. Pretty much just a body shell and I even had to replace the right quarter panel as it was mangled beyond being beat out.

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/17/13 04:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No you didn't, that car was mostly toast when I started with it. Grille, busted. Headlamp doors, cooked. Taillights, crazed. Pretty much just a body shell and I even had to replace the right quarter panel as it was mangled beyond being beat out.

That's a relief!!
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/18/13 12:14 AM

Great video! Congrats to the owner and driver!
Posted By: DemonDuster

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/23/13 08:13 PM

Quote:

Those late B-body cars handled surprisingly well. When I was living down south they were a very stout short track weapon in the pure stock classes against the Metric Caprices. Built this one for myself:

Here is mine breaking a uni-cast rotor at South Bend Motor speedway 1993. Click this: http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/ttfss/media/Magnumcrash1993_zps232470e6.mp4.html
Posted By: 5spdcuda

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/23/13 08:34 PM

Driver and tires are two REALLY BIG items in autocross. Congrats.
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 07/23/13 08:47 PM

nice to know that there are still guys out there that can correctly use a thermoquad.

I have intimate knowledge of late B chassis, does not surprise me they are a good platform (albeit heavy).

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 06/26/14 06:05 PM

Not sure if he'll do this again this year @ Carlisle or not.
Posted By: jcc

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 06/27/14 04:18 PM

That is 2013 Carlisle? I haven't been lately, surprised that area has been re purposed. It was full and well used the last time I attended. I would not have thought they had the additional space onsite to allow for this. Has attendance dropped that much? Don't get me wrong, if I was there with my car, I'd look forward to giving it a go.
Posted By: Sneke_Eyez

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 06/27/14 10:08 PM

Quote:

That is 2013 Carlisle? I haven't been lately, surprised that area has been re purposed. It was full and well used the last time I attended. I would not have thought they had the additional space onsite to allow for this. Has attendance dropped that much? Don't get me wrong, if I was there with my car, I'd look forward to giving it a go.

Seems to me that they've kind of "reworked" the way they park the cars now to accommodate it.
Posted By: cudazappa

Re: LATE B MAGNUM @ CARLISLE - 06/28/14 11:44 PM

Quote:

Seems to me that they've kind of "reworked" the way they park the cars now to accommodate it.

The "track" has been there for years. They have been using it for the import show until the vette guys got to use it and then Hotchkis stepped up at the 2012 show for the ride alongs. Big probs to them for helping spur the movement on the east coast. They've moved maybe three rows of mostly camping. Still room at the show for people.

Btw the magnum has a hurtin' 904. That, and the wheels and tires are being used for a Hotchkis real street autocross challenge car. I don't think it would do as well on BFG 60 series.
© 2024 Moparts Forums