Moparts

nice wheels for 67 Charger?

Posted By: Georg

nice wheels for 67 Charger? - 02/21/13 06:15 PM

Hi guys

Can you help me out with picking up nice wheels for 67 Dodge Charger. All I know is that bolt pattern is 5x4,5" and backspace should be between 3,4-4"
But what needs to be offset when I want to have wheel lined up almost to same line with fender?
Also are 8" front and 10" rear Ok choice?
This wheel business is confuseing stuff...hope you can help me out
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: nice wheels for 67 Charger? - 02/22/13 05:51 AM

Have you tubbed out the rear? If not, you're going to have a hell of a time fitting a 10" rim back there! Those 66-67 chargers are very tight back there in stock form. I don't think anything bigger than a 275/60/15 on a 18" rim would fit. Even that is a squeeze.

You don't want your front tires sticking too far out or they will grab the fender lip when you hit a bump during a turn. They do need to be tucked in a little.

You can play with this calculator and plug in some various tire sizes and rim specs. Just bump the offset box up or down until you get the backspacing to match the rims you're looking at. Then you can pull out a tape measure and see what's realistic.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Posted By: patrick

Re: nice wheels for 67 Charger? - 02/22/13 03:05 PM

factory classic chrysler offset is approx +1/4" (+6.35mm). that means the mount face is offset 1/4" towards the outside of the car from the centerline. backspace varies depending on wheel width. for example, an 8" rim (9" overall width) with +1/4" offset will have 4.75" backspace. a 7" rim (8" overall width) will have 4.25" backspace.

keep offset +/-1/4" of that and you should be fine in most instances.
Posted By: Georg

Re: nice wheels for 67 Charger? - 02/23/13 06:44 PM

thanks guys!
© 2024 Moparts Forums