Moparts

Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23

Posted By: joshking440

Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 02:22 AM

Its going to happen, but not without thanks to Mitch Lelito and Dave Dustrburg.

We are going to utilize the circle track/pit road/and what was used for a previous road course type race to make this happen.

We will get an official "Track Layout" up on the website as soon as we can.

This is going to be free to any anyone who is already a participant at Monster Mopar, and if your coming just for this, it would be $45.00 for the weekend.

Hopefully we can get enough interest in this to get the support of the manufacturers to help make this the biggest all Mopar auto cross in the country.

Im sure Mitch and Dave will chime in here shortly.

Thanks to both of them for coming out and meeting me a the track today to make sure we had an acceptable venue for people to participate on.

I can only ask that we get the word out to any and everyone that would have a car to participate in this.

Thanks

Josh

Attached picture 7322095-MMW2012.jpg
Posted By: jcc

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 03:12 AM

Sounds like a neat event

And a sticky
Posted By: Mopar Mitch

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 06:30 AM

To all who have interest -- this is a fairly big track (5/8 mile plus infield) that has a mild banking, but also flat areas that we'll setup some pylon manuevers. We'll emphasize safety in the course layout and keep the speeds moderate (maybe 60 mph maximum, but average about 45mph... again for safety of those drivers not with much experience). Trust us that both Dave and I have many years of autocross experience in setting up courses. All who participate will NOT be dissappointed! Regardless if you have an old muscle car, FWD car, or newer late model car, you'll have an experience that you'll definitely want more of! Unlimited runs are planned, so you'll get your money's worth!

Attached picture 7322345-Mitch'sChallenger-16.jpg
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 02:05 PM

You mat want to tone that down a bit. I know that when Hotchkis sets up Vegas, they do so with the thought in mind that no one needs a helmet. Also you don't want to ruin someones day by letting them get over their head and crashing.

Good guys does the same thing with their "peanut" tracks, but I have seen two very nice cars hit a K rail and do extensive damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mexMo8BHutE
Posted By: 5spdcuda

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 03:06 PM

It's been a couple of years since I've done one, but I am looking forward to doing it again. Hopefully the Kumhos still have some "stick" left in them.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 09:49 PM

Quote:

You mat want to tone that down a bit. I know that when Hotchkis sets up Vegas, they do so with the thought in mind that no one needs a helmet. Also you don't want to ruin someones day by letting them get over their head and crashing.

Good guys does the same thing with their "peanut" tracks, but I have seen two very nice cars hit a K rail and do extensive damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mexMo8BHutE

First I think there is merit to your point, and just one damaged car dros a pall over the whole event, and sure gets negative scruntiny from track and insurance.
Second, high performance driving without a helmet is usually done with an empty head
Third could track width be overly tight/narrow abe dradually widened over the day as some drivers get needed seat time, allowing for upping speeds?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 10:41 PM

Mitch and Dave spoke of safety above all other things during our meeting and layout of the track.

Helmets will be strongly encouraged.

As for the speed, I cant see how you could get enough speed on this course to get in any trouble the way we have it laid out, unless you are really trying to show off
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 10:44 PM

SOMEBODY will figure out a way.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 10:46 PM

I agree, the possibility is there, and honestly if your wreck your car from stupidity...... all I can say is thanks for the entertainment

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 10:49 PM

Yes, that can be loads of fun to watch someone screw up royaly. We had a corvette run off course into a chainlink fence. Screwed up the plastic car.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 10:55 PM

dont get me wrong, I dont wish harm on anyone or their car, but its no different then drag racing....if your outside your skill set, its ok to lift

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 11:11 PM

Yes, of course, we don't want any accidents or anything/anybody hurt. But it's human nature that if something happens, we want to see it.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/05/12 11:57 PM

Quote:

I don't think those Good Guys courses would meet the layout standards of a SCCA Solo II Autocross course.

Mitch Lelito has nearly 30+ years autocross experience. I'd guess he's helped design a few courses over the years too. Mitch?

In SCCA Solo II, the course is re-designed every event even if its the same facility.
Posted By: IndyDave

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/06/12 12:23 AM

Hi, I'm the Dave Josh and Mitch are refering to. Most of you, well more likely all of you don't know who I am as I'm new here. Who I am isn't really important but who I represent is as it concerns this autocross.

Who I represent is the Indianapolis Region SCCA. Our Region runs a very successful Solo (SCCA-eze for autocross)program. One of our specialities is helping other promotors and organizations organize and operate successful autocrosses. Some of the organiations we've helped include the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Motor Trend magazine's One Lap of America, Subaru of America, and Formula SAE. We are also on SCCA's Solo National Tour roster of hosting Regions, one of only two in the SCCA Great Lakes Division. We have the people and expertise to help Josh and Mitch to put on a safe and very fun autocross event. My personal experience level is multi- local championship winning driver, former Solo and Club Race chair for the Region. I'm recruiting one of our best course designers. He has designed national level courses to help Mitch and I come up with a course that will leave everyone grinning ear-to-ear and everyone's car in the same shape as it started the day.

Lucas Oil Raceway's oval is going to make for a reasonably good palate for a course. There's plenty of room for run-off before anyone comes close to a solid object like concrete walls. The track surface itself is wide and there's a fair amount of space between the inside apron and the inside wall. There's enough room on the front straight to setup a typical Goodguy's peanut course.

Josh, Mitch, and myself have settled on the path the course will follow and I'm working on a course design that will be passed on to Josh and Mitch after I have it scrutinized by the course designer I've asked to help. The path the course will follow will start in Race of Legends dog leg near pit road. the dog leg exits out onto the track between turns 1 and 2 where the course will turn left and the path will follow the oval counter clockwise (normal direction for oval competition). There will be features that will have you snake down the back straight and turns 3 and 4. The finish will be at the start/finish line on the front stretch and there will be a couple features between 4 and the finish.

As for safety, we all agreed that helmets will be strongly recommended. We'll also be providing experienced autocrossers to serve as driving and setup coaches for those who want it and provide ride-alongs as well as do demonstration passes in their cars. Again, we're going to make this fun as hell while keeping it safe.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/06/12 03:36 PM

So how do you design a course that allows the full range of driver abilities and likely combined with 500hp+ no abs in 40 yr old cars and keep it safe and only suggest helmets and not have driver check out rides? Seems almost impossible to me.
Don't get me wrong I d like this to work, baby steps first?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/06/12 04:00 PM

Beings this seems to be directed mostly towards newbies, I'd say the course will be an easy one so the newbies won't be spinning off into the tulies. But good enough for the experienced people to have fun while not being able to use their 500 horsies. The experienced drivers should be able to figure that out as they look at the map and walk the course. And probably sorta short course so the newbies won't have to try and remember 50 turns and get lost. 20 turns max, so they can have fun the best way.
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/06/12 06:42 PM

IIRC when Hotchkis sets up the MATS they use 30 mph as a guide. Most newbies won't have a helmet for a car show. You may want to touch base with them and ask a few questions. Their tracks are very fun and have very little straightaways to keep the speed down. It is about turning. I don't doubt the skill of the the guys setting up, and have no idea of what the surrounding area has to offer, just would hate to see a bad outcome. Mike
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/06/12 09:32 PM

Sounds awesome. I love seeing older cars run.

Quote:

So how do you design a course that allows the full range of driver abilities and likely combined with 500hp+ no abs in 40 yr old cars and keep it safe and only suggest helmets and not have driver check out rides? Seems almost impossible to me.

That what the SCCA regions do at Solo events every weekend.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/06/12 10:29 PM

Quote:

So I take it you'll not be participating?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/07/12 12:43 AM

We'll make sure the course is not complicated. As you may know, a "competitive" SCCA Solo/autocross type course will demand the competition driver to memorize the layout for personal best positioning on the course... and, they'll typically only have 3-4-5-6 maybe 7-8-9 runs max for the day. So, it becomes 6th-sense of natural mind-training to experienced autocrossers. The course will be easy, maybe 45 seconds in length.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/07/12 12:53 AM

Have you ever attended a major SCCA Solo II event with the C/Prepared class of pony cars? You need to watch John Sandberg's AAR 'Cuda run sometime (I believe he has about 550hp out of his small block)... he will hopefully attend this event.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/07/12 01:06 AM

Regarding possible course re-design (your #3 item), with the initial course layout, IF we see any needed or desirable changes, as each the day progresses, I'm certain we'll address it. As with most other sanctioned groups/clubs who run a 2-day (or more) event, each day usually does have a modified course design to challenge the drivers for another day's race -- its never the same course repeated, even if it means to run it opposite in direction. We'll consider any possible changes so the entries will have their best memories... there's always the "Monday morning quarterback..." thinking of what they could've done better. We'll be open for feedback from all particiapnts.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/07/12 02:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My first comeback would likely be " so you wont be wearing the suggested helmet"

My comments so far are mainly based on what has written so far: newbies 60 mph concrete walls banking suggested helmets

Whether i attend or not is not the question, my point iis whether there will a secomd event here or elsewhere if an overcomfident newbie with 500+ hp unhelmeted early lap belt mopar with a stuck throttle locates the retaining wall, all very unlikely, also not hard to minimize, if you want to.
And the open mindedness of evolving track layouts makes sense.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/08/12 01:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My first comeback would likely be " so you wont be wearing the suggested helmet"

My comments so far are mainly based on what has written so far: newbies 60 mph concrete walls banking suggested helmets

Whether i attend or not is not the question, my point iis whether there will a secomd event here or elsewhere if an overcomfident newbie with 500+ hp unhelmeted early lap belt mopar with a stuck throttle locates the retaining wall, all very unlikely, also not hard to minimize, if you want to.
And the open mindedness of evolving track layouts makes sense.

Appreciate your concern but it's really unfounded. 60mph is a bit of a misnomer. When we design any course, we design it so that the the fastest driver in the fastest car cannot obtain a speed greater than 60 mph for a brief moment in the most open part of the course. The average speed target is between 30-40 mph average. We are VERY aware of the wide range of driver experience and car capabilities. We talked extensively already about a first timer in a 4000# Road Runner with 4 wheel drum brakes. The helmet requirement is the way it is in order to make this event as accessible as possible. I'm working on making loaner helmets available.

BTW: I always wear a helmet....... and boxing gloves. I'm also not allowed to use forks and knives either.
Posted By: wrenchinrandy

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/08/12 04:05 PM

I don't mean to take a tangent, but I have a question about the schedule. Will the event be run all three days? I work the weekends. I have attended the show in years past, but typically only on Friday. If I continued that pattern, would I be able to participate?
Posted By: DemonDuster

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/08/12 08:38 PM

Quote:

I don't mean to take a tangent, but I have a question about the schedule. Will the event be run all three days? I work the weekends. I have attended the show in years past, but typically only on Friday. If I continued that pattern, would I be able to participate?

x 2, also is the $45 price for register by mail or just pay at the gate ? I did not see autocross listed yet on the reg. site.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/09/12 02:39 AM

We havent added it to the site yet, only because of time to get the design put up.

it is included in your 45 dollar entry

and yes you can participate friday only.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/16/12 07:38 PM

To anyone interested in the ALL MOPAR AUTOCROSS at Monster Mopar Wknd at Indy, we've already drawn up a really great course design. Again, regardless if you have an older car (A-B-C-E-F-bodies, wing-cars, etc), paved or dirt race-track cars, or else a FWD pocket rocket (Omni-Charger, GLH, Daytonas, NEONs, K-cars, others), or a VIPER or PROWLER, and of course any late-model LH Challenger, Charger, Magnum, etc, etc, etc... you will have a great time on this course... with unlimited quantity of runs! Your paid car entry into the weekend show event, with a simple "safety inspection" of the car, will allow you to run the autocross course on the 5/8 mile race track. ANY QUESTIONS -- PLEASE ASK US.
Posted By: Devil

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/16/12 08:16 PM

Guess I'll take my car around once or twice.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/22/12 04:27 AM

Questions anyone? Feel free to ask here or PM me, Josh, or Dave.

Attached picture 7345301-Mitch'sChallenger-29.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/22/12 05:21 PM

Anyone want to sponser/pay me so I can go?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/23/12 06:20 PM

How's your retirement fund doing?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 08/23/12 06:26 PM

Gone for this month, stove top hood, 4 cases mole killer, fishing lures - 3 orders, fishing rod - 1, haven't even bought gas for the 2 trucks yet.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/05/12 07:58 PM

To all attending -- an interesting request came from a specific Mopar club... asking if they can have "competition" amongst their own club members? Sounds like a great idea! The electronic timing is, typically, down to the 0.001 of a second, so, everyone will be able to compare their timed runs against everyone else's timed runs. We'll get the times posted onto a nearby wall, and favorably announced continuosly during the event.

We're open for more ideas and questions -- we want this to be a really great time! Remember -- unlimited runs throughout the weekend on the 5/8 mile banked oval track, setup with pylons... and... SAFETY comes first!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/05/12 08:09 PM

Quote:

Can I drive your car?

If your wife is hot she can ride along.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/05/12 08:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Can I drive your car?

If your wife is hot she can ride along.

To give you coaching?

BTW, Mitch's wife has trophied at the SCCA Solo II Nationals racing that Challenger, IIRC.

Maybe you can ride along with her?

Posted By: nd65

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/05/12 10:30 PM

Will there be tech inspection?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/06/12 07:08 AM

As a matter of fact... the last time my wife and I competed in the Challenger against each other...was back about 2002 at the Monster Mopar Weekend out in Topeka, KS for the autocross held at the show. We went to that event ONLY for the autocross, despite a good overall car show, too (the show was rained-out on Sunday). The autocross course was a fairly large-long pylon layout on a big parking lot area... timed runs were about 45 seconds each, if I recall. Anyway, after I took about 15 runs, then she took about the same... and on her final run.. she edged me out by about 0.100 of a second (something like 45.200 for me to her 45.100. So.. there is a "challenging" revenge factor at stake! Yes.. she has also trophied a few times at the SCCA major national events some years ago. (Routinely, she could better the times of many other male drivers... driving smooth may look slower, but the times result to be quicker.)

Attached picture 7366971-MitchLelito'sTAatCarlisle2005.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/06/12 07:33 AM

Will there be tech inspection?

Yes.. we'll have a simple tech inspection (perhaps no more than 5 minutes)... no loose items in trunk or interior, securely mounted battery, sufficient brake/pedal and fluid, no fluid leakage, safe tires (no cords showing), no loose rims/axle/wheel bearings, seat belts required (stock or race ok). We'll post a Tech Inspection sheet within a few days for all to view. We generally want safe cars that would not pose any serious safety hazard to others in the area, as well as to you own self. If there's any question on any car, we'll determine at that point, but, we'd expect that the cars will be reasonably safe without question. Also, we may possibly have an air compressor within the oval-track area/pit area so to allow tire pressures to be increased/adjusted which allows improved autocross manuevers. We'll have experienced autocrossers there to give suggestions... typically, you might want to increase the tires psi by about 5-10 psi from whatever you'd normally drive at just for the autocros event... this psi increase will stiffen the sidewalls during lateral manuevers for improved track-handling.

Attached picture 7366978-Mitch'sChallenger-11.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/18/12 06:06 PM

WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE MONSTER MOPAR AUTOCROSS:

Weather looks pretty good; 68-70 each day (10-20% chance of rain on Friday)... SAT/SUN nice!

Runs will begin each day by ~early-mid morning, through mid-late afternoon.... unlimited and FREE with your paid show entry! So, stay and take as many as you want! Bathrooms and concession stand will be there. SAT (and SUN, as well?), the Daytona/Superbirds cars will have some time of their own on the track for celabration photo sessions/easy lapping, so, we'll take a break during that time and likely remove the marked pylons for them (maybe about 60-90 minutes after lunch???).

1. There will be only ONE entry/exit into the oval track. We'll have a gate person allowing cars to come/go through that gate. There will also be a small waiting area on the outside road where you can briefly park your cars until a break allows to enter the circle track for the autocross.

2. To run your car, please read and sign the "entry form" (either given at the entry oval track gate, or else at the registration area -- we'll have a sign "AUTOCROSS REGISTRATION". We want you to have fun and be safe. We'll allow one aditional person sitting in the front passenger seat during your timed runs, with a seat belt. Helmets are not required, but you are welcome to wear one if you have it. Arms must be kept inside the car during the runs.

3. We'll take a quick "safety/tech inspection" of your car (we'll have a "SAFETY INSPECTION" area made obvious located in the pit area with the oval track). (A) Remove any loose items in trunk and interior, (B) Make certain the battery is securely fastened, (C) We'll check that your steering wheel and rims are reasonably tight, (D) We'll check to assure that there are no types of obvious fluid leakage, (E) We'll check that your brake pedal has reasonable feel (not to the floor), (F) We'll check that your tires are reasonably safe -- no cords showing, (G) We'll check that you have at least a safety belt for your lap (stock or race ok) and suggest that you also wear your should belts... tightly.

4. We'll need to assign you a "Car Number" (as we receive the entries thoughout the day), so that we can keep a record of your timed runs. We'll use removable white shoe-polish and mark your window (most likely the left-rear corner of rear window). You'll be able to view the posted timed runs on a dedicated "Score Board" in the pits, near the timing/registration area. Also, we hope to be announcing the timed runs over a speaker system so you and everyone can immediately know your result (visual display may also be available).

5. There will be a large posted "COURSE MAP" near the timing/registration area. View it and try to memorize the layout of the course... it will not be a difficult course and should take about 45-55 seconds to run it, avg speed maybe 35-40 mph; many cars can expect to run the course in 1st or 2nd gears. Upon your "finish" of each timed run, please exit into the pit area slowly and safely -- NO hot-dogging will be allowed in the pits.

6. PLEASE TRY TO NOT HIT THE PYLONS, ALTHOUGH, WE KNOW SOME WILL BE HIT AND THAT'S OK. WE'LL HAVE "COURSE WORKERS" RE-SETTING THEM UP AT THEIR MARKED LOCATIONS, AND THAT WILL CAUSE SOME DOWNTIME FOR THE DAY. EACH KNOCKED DOWN PYLON ADDS a 2-SECOND "PENALTY" TO YOUR TIME (if it remains "UP" but pushed beyond the marked cone area, that also is a 2-second penalty added to your time), but we'll be easy on the judgement of adding penalty times.

7. We suggest that you speak with one of the experienced available autocrossers to gain some tips -- we'll take some people on "educational runs" to show you how its done, and familiarize you with the course, upon your simple request during tech/registration. Take advantage of these people's experience and knowledge on autocrossing -- the "nut behind the wheel" makes the biggest difference, regardless what type of car you have and/or any modifications done to your car!!!

8. We suggest that all cars have slightly increased tire pressure by about 5-10 psi, if you wish, to allow better cornering force during the autocross. We'll favorably have a small immediate air compressor there in the pits with a tire gauge for every one to use.

FINALY, if you and/or your "group" (club, etc) wants any special requests, just ask the autocross "Staff" and we'll do our best to accomodate your desires.

THIS EVENT IS "NOT" A "COMPETITION RACE" (maybe in the future years?), SO, SIMPLY DRIVE WITH YOUR BEST PRECISION, IMPROVE WITH EACH RUN, AND ENJOY THE FUN OF AUTOCROSSING! IF YOU'RE COMING PRIMARILY FOR THE AUTOCROSS AND YOU WISH TO PARK WITHIN THE OVAL TRACK, LET US KNOW WHEN YOU GET THERE -- YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PARK YOUR TOW VEHICLES/RV AND TRAILER WITHIN THE OVAL TRACK PIT AREA FOR EACH DAY, AND OVERNIGHT IF DESIRED (security will be present).

ANY QUESTIONS -- PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME (or PM me). We have an excellent "staff" of volunteers (A BIG "THANK YOU" to the INDIANAPOLIS SCCA Region!) that want this event to be a success... and we truly mean that with our passion for autocrossing!

MITCH LELITO (Hemi-Orange T/A autocrosser)
Posted By: boydsdodge

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/21/12 01:30 AM

This sounds like such a blast, I have flown all the the way to California spring fling to witness there mopar road race day, so this is totally on my list for next year,, Please keep it going I have to do Kart racing this week end with my daughters and it's near the end of season so we can't miss it.
I wish you all luck and please take some no not some take lots of VID for us all to see.
Thanks to you guys for your hard work setting up.
Have fun I know I would.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/21/12 02:40 AM

Just got back from LORI and the course is set. We made several runs in the 45 sec range. It's a fun. fast, and challenging course!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/21/12 02:50 AM

Can I get there in a day and a half?

Best of luck on the event, and have fun.
Posted By: boydsdodge

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/21/12 03:09 AM

Any pics or scetches for the ones missing out?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/21/12 11:16 PM

Just got home from the show. I ran the autocross in my '65 Coronet and had a great time.

Sorry, I do not have any pics.

It was great to meet MoparMitch and 5speedcudaguy. All the autocross guys were really cool.

Thanks to the guys who took my son and I in ride alongs in their cars- red Viper, blue 3G Hemi Challenger and the aluminum racecar.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/22/12 09:24 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I do not have any pics.

Glad you had a good time.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/23/12 02:25 AM

I really enjoyed the event. Hope they do it again. Had a blast driving Mopar Mitch's Challenger T/A a couple passes! And the rides in Mitch's T/A, 5spdcuda's 340 and the Petty's Garage Challenger were AWESOME !

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/23/12 02:16 PM

Mitch let you drive it?? Cool.
He is a super nice guy.

You had some goods runs in your car. Did you get sick riding with anyone? I got motion sickness riding in the Viper.

Not many guys ran Friday. You pretty much had the track to yourself.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/23/12 03:37 PM

Quote:

Mitch let you drive it?? Cool.
He is a super nice guy.

You had some goods runs in your car. Did you get sick riding with anyone? I got motion sickness riding in the Viper.

Not many guys ran Friday. You pretty much had the track to yourself.

Mitch offered. How could I refuse. Super nice guy for sure !

I rode in the white Mazda 3 with competition tires (before I ran) and felt a little sick. After that I was fine.

There were more cars Saturday afternoon.
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/23/12 03:46 PM

Any autocrossing Sunday?

Damon

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/23/12 11:40 PM

I want to thank everyone who came out and "Dodged" cones with us this weekend. It was a great time.

I promised to get all the results up tonight but I'm not going to be able to. In my haste to get out of the way of the wing cars, I went one way while Velma and the results went the other way. I should have the results tomorrow evening.

Cheers,
Dave
Posted By: brody

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/24/12 04:58 AM

I wanted to thank everyone for allowing us to run in the AutoCross this weekend. My cousin John and I were in the black/white 73 duster. this was my first time driving / participating in something like this and to say the least, I am DEFINATELY HOOKED!

Cant wait for the next event. Again, thank you to everyone that worked the event and allowed us to participate. We met a lot of great folks this weekend and had a blast.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/24/12 07:53 PM

To EVERYONE who came to run their cars, sit as passenger in a car on the track, or just to watch from the upper-levels of the surrounding track area (plenty of outside spectators!), THANK YOU so much for all of your interest! I had a blast and lots of enjoyment in meeting people, talking about theirs cars, driving techniques, and the overall sport of autocrossing! Honestly, I saw every person -- driver/passenger -- who came back from each of their many runs, having a BIG smile planted onto their faces!

Especially, to all who attended, the biggest THANKS has to go to Dave Dustergerg and his Indianapolis Region SCCA SOLO "Crew" for volunteering their long weekend of time, as well as their equipment (pylons, electronic timing, utility vehicles, etc). The "corner workers" eagerly picked up any knocked-down pylons. The primary "entry/exit gate keeper" (Mr. Raleigh Boreen - he also designed the course), the registration and timing staff, and saftey inspection staff, as well as our "instructional drivers", greeted everyone knowing they were having lots of fun at the autocross.

Although we had some occasional electical-timing down time, the SCCA staff handled it as quickly as possible to keep the event moving smoothly.

Finally, EVERYONE should be thankful to Josh King for absolutely wanting this ALL MOPAR AUTOCROSS to become the "MONSTER MOPAR AUTOCROSS"! Its certainly going to repeat itself and become even bigger in the future.

I'll be posting various pictures in forthcoming memos.

T/Ake care!
Mopar Mitch

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/24/12 08:04 PM

Any autocrossing Sunday?

Although our early mornings were a bit slow, each day progressively became more busy by late-morning, then afternoon got pretty busy. Sunday was very busy as well.... the word had obviously got out to more people and it became like a few rush-hours of cars coming to register and run on the track. It was great!
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/24/12 08:04 PM

Nice meeting you yesterday. Remember the girl with the green Duster? Had a lot of fun autocrossing in my drag car. Thanks for the opportunity and especially thanks to the guy that rode along with me for my first try. I would have been lost otherwise!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/24/12 08:07 PM

I give a personal Thanks to DemonDuster (Jim) in helping me with a borrowed part for my Challenger T/A to resolve a minor problem. Autcrossers typically help each other. Thanks Jim!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/24/12 08:09 PM

DusterGirl340! THANKS for your memo and posting out first picture!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/25/12 01:47 AM

Hey everybody, I just got the results! YAAAAAY!!!!!!

I'm having some issues formating them so I can share them on here so it will be tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/25/12 10:33 PM

Here they are, the results:

FRIDAY AUTOCROSS RESULTS BEST TIME
1 Darryl Neal 65 Dodge Coronet 500 60.79
2 Jake Neal 65 Dodge Coronet 500
3 James Jacobs 74 Duster 50.476
4 Hugh Gilbert 72 Plymouth 'Cuda 51.85
5 Marc Polizzi 06 Dodge Charger R/T 47.123
6 Mary Beth Kiczenski 95 Eagle Talon 53.092
7 Mitch Lelito 70 T/A Challenger 48.335
8 (Hotchkis car - no info) 70 Plymouth Belvedere 54.102
9 Jerome Peters 06 Dodge Charger 49.381
10 Tim Costello 88 Dodge CSX-T

11 Andrew Kurz 07 Dodge Magnum 53.824
12 Anthony Jones 07 Dodge Magnum 56.053
13 Greg Russell 69 Dodge Charger 75.679
14 Stan Custer 10 Dodge Challenger 50.446
15 Monica Crawford 69 Dodge Charger 86.795
16 Crystal Taylor 07 Dodge Charger R/T 59.609
17 John Zenone 11 Dodge Charger R/T 52.027
18 Joe Manduno 01 Grand Marquis 54.659
19 Scott MacDonald, Jr. 66 Dodge Truck 70.751

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/25/12 10:35 PM

SATURDAY AUTOCROSS RESULTS BEST TIME
1 Darryl Neal 65 Dodge Coronet 500
3 James Jacobs 74 Duster 47.949
4 Hugh Gilbert 72 Plymouth 'Cuda 50.562
5 Marc Polizzi 06 Dodge Charger R/T
6 Mary Beth Kiczenski 95 Eagle Talon
7 Mitch Lelito 70 T/A Challenger
8 (Hotchkis car - no info) 70 Plymouth Belvedere 43.611
9 Jerome Peters 06 Dodge Charger

11 Andrew Kurz 07 Dodge Magnum
12 Anthony Jones 07 Dodge Magnum
13 Greg Russell 69 Dodge Charger
14 Stan Custer 10 Dodge Challenger 48.15
15 Monica Crawford 69 Dodge Charger
16 Crystal Taylor 07 Dodge Charger R/T
17 John Zenone 11 Dodge Charger R/T
18 Joe Manduno 01 Grand Marquis
19 Scott MacDonald, Jr. 66 Dodge Truck
20 John Buhrts 71 Duster 60.916

21 Ryan Brofford 73 Duster 49.747
22 Kevin Wesley 13 Challenger R/T 44.055
23 Kirk Phillips 69 Dodge Charger 63.312
24 Matthew Hitze 92 Dodge Daytona R/T 50.762
25 Brennan Owens 06 Dodge Magnum SRT 8 53.643
26 John Sandberg 70 AAR 'Cuda 44.983
27 David Jans 10 Dodge Challenger 44.921
28 Zachary Smith 11 Dodge ChallengerSRT 8 55.994
29 Paul Milano 10 Dodge Hurst Challenger 48.69
30 Mike Meads 70 Dodge Coronet 53.544

31 William Walker 04 Ram SRT 10 53.199
32 Greg Steadman 10 Petty Test Challenger 43.107
33 Gregg Orr Jr. 68 Plymouth Cuda 62.736
34 Gregg Orr Sr. 67 Coronet 400 84.592

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/25/12 10:37 PM

SUNDAY AUTOCROSS RESULTS BEST TIME
1 Darryl Neal 65 Dodge Coronet 500
3 James Jacobs 74 Duster
4 Hugh Gilbert 72 Plymouth 'Cuda 51.751
5 Marc Polizzi 06 Dodge Charger R/T 44.527
6 Mary Beth Kiczenski 95 Eagle Talon 48.559
7 Mitch Lelito 70 T/A Challenger 46.858
8 (Hotchkis car - no info) 70 Plymouth Belvedere 44.548
9 Jerome Peters 06 Dodge Charger

11 Andrew Kurz 07 Dodge Magnum 50.134
12 Anthony Jones 07 Dodge Magnum 54.971
13 Greg Russell 69 Dodge Charger
14 Stan Custer 10 Dodge Challenger
15 Monica Crawford 69 Dodge Charger
16 Crystal Taylor 07 Dodge Charger R/T 53.424
17 John Zenone 11 Dodge Charger R/T 53.177
18 Joe Manduno 01 Grand Marquis
19 Scott MacDonald, Jr. 66 Dodge Truck
20 John Buhrts 71 Duster 57.088

21 Ryan Brofford 73 Duster 51.175
22 Kevin Wesley 13 Challenger R/T 45.521
23 Kirk Phillips 69 Dodge Charger 66.045
24 Matthew Hitze 92 Dodge Daytona R/T
25 Brennan Owens 06 Dodge Magnum SRT 8
26 John Sandberg 70 AAR 'Cuda 49.46
27 David Jans 10 Dodge Challenger 50.673
28 Zachary Smith 11 Dodge ChallengerSRT 8 49.154
29 Paul Milano 10 Dodge Hurst Challenger 50.596
30 Mike Meads 70 Dodge Coronet

31 William Walker 04 Ram SRT 10
32 Greg Steadman 10 Petty Test Challenger
33 Gregg Orr Jr. 68 Plymouth Cuda
34 Gregg Orr Sr. 67 Coronet 400
35 Kaysandra Rosson 06 Dodge Daytona Charger 69.074
36 Jackie Ragano 06 Dodge Charger R/T 50.022
37 Charlesw Wysong 12 Challenger SRT 8 59.96
38 Paul Fields 12 Dodge Challenger 57.47
39 Rick Monroe 09 Dodge Challenger R/T 54.159
40 Khory Rideout 65 Plymouth Belvedere 65.429

41 Katherine Chicosky 73 Plymouth Duster 82.728
42 Larry Dodrill 12 Dodge Challenger 52.234
43 Steve Ferguson 13 Dodge Challenger
44 Andrew Lucas 06 Dodge Charger 52.43
45 Jeff Jazbec 09 Dodge Challenger 51.534
46 Eric Johnson 12 Dodge Challenger 61.141
47 Cyrdell Brage Jeep 63.698
48 Scott Hempel 10 Challenger
49 Ricky Cross 99 Dodge Neon

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/25/12 10:41 PM

Friday FTD - Marc Polizzi - 06 Dodge Charger R/T - 47.123

Saturday FTD - Greg Steadman - 10 Petty Test Challenger - 43.107

Sunday FTD - Marc Polizzi - 06 Dodge Charger R/T - 44.527
Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/25/12 11:04 PM

70 Belvedere Hotchkis car?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 12:06 AM

There was a 4 door car with a taxi stripe and 4 racing seats that said "Hotchkiss" on the side.
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 12:59 AM

Quote:

Friday FTD - Marc Pelozzi - 06 Dodge Charger R/T - 47.123

Sunday FTD - Marc Pelozzi - 06 Dodge Charger R/T - 44.527

I wonder if these guys and others would share their suspension and brake combos? That would be some neat insight to the event.

Damon

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 03:11 AM

Quote:

Dang...way to go Greg!
Posted By: dangina

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 03:42 AM

damn I hope thier is an event like this out west next year!
Posted By: MoparMarc

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 05:08 AM

This was an Awesome time! Just the autocross alone was a blast!
I had a lot of Fun! Super Excited that I had the Best time Fri & SUnday in my charger RT!

This was the longest trip Ive taken with the charger since I bought it last year with 1900 miles, It has 7k on it now
Most of them from this weekend! Autocrossing! LOL

Check out this video my friend made (she was in the blue Talon) of the weekend, some of the auto X is in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdr1zwU2PbA&feature=share&list=UUKFuwbk7FT0KWOjxZRxhfTQ

Attached picture 7394947-ChargerAutoXMonster12.jpg
Posted By: brads70

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 11:02 AM

Any pictures and specs of the top cars?
Posted By: Consulier

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 11:24 AM

Quote:

That was me sorting out the diff, brakes and oversteer in the Taxi.

Got most of it sorted. Stopping still needs some work.

Thanks,

Kevin Wesley

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 01:10 PM

Her video was cool!!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 04:10 PM

from the video, Thanks, Jim

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 07:07 PM

What's with the bug sprayer? Were the mosquitoes THAT bad?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 07:21 PM

The videos and the pics are really cooolll... like its happening again and the engine roarring! I gave lots of passenger rides to anyone daring, and a few to drive the Challenger. Also, equal fun to drive in other cars at the event. Special thanks to Marybeth (Blue Eagle AWD Talon) for her photography and videos!
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 07:33 PM

Very cool video.

Quote:

What's with the bug sprayer? Were the mosquitoes THAT bad?

VHT sprayer. Traction compound. Imagine the time reductions if they sprayed that over the autocross track.
Posted By: BIGMIKE@RIDETECH

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 08:24 PM

Wish I could of made it out. Got stuck at Goodguys show all weekend. I've played a little on that track before.
Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 08:51 PM

Quote:

There was a 4 door car with a taxi stripe and 4 racing seats that said "Hotchkiss" on the side.

AhhH I didn't know that Kevin was going to take out the AutoCross Taxi!

Quote:

Quote:

That was me sorting out the diff, brakes and oversteer in the Taxi.

Got most of it sorted. Stopping still needs some work.

Thanks,

Kevin Wesley

No worries I'll get her all sorted out for you this winter! She'll be hibernating in my shop

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 09/26/12 11:15 PM

I just got home from work and watched Marybeths video again. Cannot hear it in the factory.

WOW!

Don't know what she does for a living but this is an awesome video.

Thanks!! Wish my Coronet was in it lol...
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/01/12 10:26 PM

More Pictures !!
Posted By: brads70

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/02/12 12:59 AM

Quote:

Check out this video my friend made (she was in the blue Talon) of the weekend, some of the auto X is in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdr1zwU2PbA&feature=share&list=UUKFuwbk7FT0KWOjxZRxhfTQ

Cool video! Made me wish I was there!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/02/12 01:06 AM

Marybeth took this picture of me:

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/02/12 03:44 PM

Nice Picture!!!! Marybeth's photography and video skills are priceless... very talented!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/02/12 06:16 PM

She is awesome!
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/02/12 11:48 PM

Quote:

Marybeth took this picture of me:

What was it like trying to take corners with drag radials on the back? I can’t imagine the sidewalls being too stiff. But I bet they stuck pretty well though.

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/03/12 12:30 AM

They weren't very good at all. I was entered in a couple of drag racing class so it wasn't really feasible to remove them.
Only place my car shone on the autocross was on the straightaway at the end, lol!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/03/12 09:45 PM

Homemade wine?

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/04/12 12:07 AM

I brought some with me but I couldn't carry it on my minibike. I suppose I could have driven it to the tower in my Duster but we just decided to drink it instead. I'll try again next year, haha...
Posted By: dangina

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/04/12 07:31 AM

Quote:

I brought some with me but I couldn't carry it on my minibike. I suppose I could have driven it to the tower in my Duster but we just decided to drink it instead. I'll try again next year, haha...

good looking ride you got there!

Re: Monster Mopar Autocross Sept 21-23 - 10/04/12 12:18 PM

Why thank you! I make a mean homemade wine too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums