Moparts

Pic of Hotchkis springs installled on my Duster

Posted By: DemonDuster

Pic of Hotchkis springs installled on my Duster - 06/10/12 03:47 AM

I know the 70 dart gt pics looked sorta like a low rider (Heck those cars set low in the rear stock , my first car was a 70 swinger) I kinda like the stance on a Duster.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Pic of Hotchkiss springs installled on my Duster - 06/10/12 04:05 AM

Darts have skirted rear wheelwells. I think mine are gonna fly, I will update this week since rear wheels should be here Monday.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Pic of Hotchkiss springs installled on my Duster - 06/10/12 04:48 AM

Quote:

I know the 70 dart gt pics looked sorta like a low rider (Heck those cars set low in the rear stock , my first car was a 70 swinger) I kinda like the stance on a Duster.

Did you use the drop front Spring hangers?

What size front and rear tires are you running?

Picture of the car on flat pavement?

Are you running headers? If so what brand and what is their clearance to the flat pavement?
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Pic of Hotchkiss springs installled on my Duster - 06/10/12 05:31 AM

Nice color. I also like the choice of the old school slots.
Posted By: Dan@Hotchkis

Re: Pic of Hotchkiss springs installled on my Duster - 06/10/12 01:16 PM

Cool car, looks to be a future hot-rodder in the shot. Have you taken it for a spin yet?

Re: Pic of Hotchkiss springs installled on my Duster - 06/10/12 03:59 PM

Did you use the drop front Spring hangers?: I used the Hotchkis hardware that came with the springs,

What size front and rear tires are you running?: 225/50/15 front, 235/45/17 rear.

Picture of the car on flat pavement?:

Are you running headers? If so what brand and what is their clearance to the flat pavement?: Not now, but have the manifolds tied to a TTi 3" system for now. TTi step headers were on the the car when the 426 stroker (for sale) was in the car.
Setting on the floor side by side, the New Hotchkis spring had about an inch or so greater arch than the never used Mopar no. 14 zero arch oval track springs (for sale). I have the 2 position hangers but used the hotchkis.

Re: Pic of Hotchkiss springs installled on my Duster - 06/10/12 04:08 PM

Quote:

Cool car, looks to be a future hot-rodder in the shot. Have you taken it for a spin yet?

Thanks. Yes, but no intense cornering, yet. Did a cruise last night with my future son inlaw , daughter and grandson riding along with me.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Pic of Hotchkiss springs installled on my Duster - 06/11/12 01:35 AM

I just installed them on my 70' barracuda and the diffrence is night and day. Though when I go into corners, I get pulled out of the seat a bit, so I'll have to go to full restraints when the whole system is done being installed. Easier ride travel, better cornering and does not have violent reactions if you hit a bump or pothole. Thought I have to remove mine to repair the fuel line it cut into probably one of the best mods I have done to the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums