Moparts

Any Porsche techs on here?

Posted By: dusted72

Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/23/12 10:08 PM

Hey guys I have been looking and asking all over the internet trying to find the specs on a set of 99-05 Porsche 911 non-turbo front calipers. I can't find the piston diameter any were. Anybody here that can help? I can provide the vehicle VIN if that will help. Thanks Corey
Posted By: feets

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/23/12 11:23 PM

Shoot me the VIN and I'll see if my Porsche guys can come up with anything.
Be aware that it is exceedingly rare to have that kind of information at a dealership. We simply don't need to know that info. All we need to know is what part to order if it needs to be replaced.
That being said, we do have a strong relationship with the PCA racers. There are three race cars in the shop right now. The parts manager is also a racer.

Are you trying to retrofit the brakes onto something else or wanting to upgrade the Porsche?
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/23/12 11:31 PM

Try www.zeckhausen.com

They sell caliper rebuild kits for almost any caliper. I rebuilt my Brembo GT1/F40/F50 4 piston caliper with a kit from them.

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/23/12 11:36 PM

Quote:

Shoot me the VIN and I'll see if my Porsche guys can come up with anything.
Be aware that it is exceedingly rare to have that kind of information at a dealership. We simply don't need to know that info. All we need to know is what part to order if it needs to be replaced.
That being said, we do have a strong relationship with the PCA racers. There are three race cars in the shop right now. The parts manager is also a racer.

Are you trying to retrofit the brakes onto something else or wanting to upgrade the Porsche?

I am planning to use them as a retrofit application. Here is the VIN listed for the car they came off of. WP0CA29951S654859

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/23/12 11:38 PM

Quote:

Try www.zeckhausen.com

They sell caliper rebuild kits for almost any caliper. I rebuilt my Brembo GT1/F40/F50 4 piston caliper with a kit from them.

Thanks, I will check them out. Hopefully they will have the kits for them.

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/23/12 11:42 PM

Alex, found it. Man thank you. I have been trying to find that info everywhere. I am really glad I joined here now. You guys have been a wealth of knowledge.

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 12:56 AM

Feets, I have the info I was looking for now thanks to Alex. But since you have connections with the Porsche crowd could you see if they have a set of those calipers they want to sell? Trying to find them for less then $450 a set. I will pay that if I can't find them cheaper but every penny saved can go back into my truck somewhere else.
Posted By: feets

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 06:24 AM

Quote:

But since you have connections with the Porsche crowd could you see if they have a set of those calipers they want to sell? Trying to find them for less then $450 a set.

New?

I can check with the parts manager and see if any of his racers have a used set available.

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 02:15 PM

You'll be hard pressed to find any 4/6 piston Brembo caliper for less than $500. True story.
Posted By: Uhcoog1

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 02:40 PM

Quote:

You'll be hard pressed to find any 4/6 piston Brembo caliper for less than $500. True story.

Alex would know! He's been looking for some time.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 02:58 PM

for new calipers I can see that. but I paid $150 each for my 4-piston brembo's off of Vipers. they're used, but barely used, and have a lot of service life left in them.

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 04:01 PM

Quote:

for new calipers I can see that. but I paid $150 each for my 4-piston brembo's off of Vipers. they're used, but barely used, and have a lot of service life left in them.

That's an exceptional price. I've been hunting the 6 pistons from a Touaeg/Cayenne/Q7 and they're expensive.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 04:54 PM

The little 4 piston ones seem to turn up on craigslist somewhat often at least, maybe keep an eye out on there?

My 8 piston ones were a little harder to come by, but it all worked out.

(I lucked out on getting some new 4 piston Brembos that were off an SRT8 from here a little while back actually and those are what the 8 piston ones replaced)

Re: Any Porsche techs on here? - 05/24/12 05:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

But since you have connections with the Porsche crowd could you see if they have a set of those calipers they want to sell? Trying to find them for less then $450 a set.

New?

I can check with the parts manager and see if any of his racers have a used set available.

Oh god no. I want used. Found a set on Ebay for $450 shipped or best offer. Guess when I get paid I will grab them. If not I found that LADismantlers has them for $225 each also.
© 2024 Moparts Forums