Moparts

Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18

Posted By: dem440c

Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/18/04 05:47 PM

anyone know? I'll be out this evening and I want to set up my VCR to record it.
Posted By: The_Mean_Machine

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/18/04 05:48 PM

I think its on at 8 central. I hope someone can confirm that...
Frank
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/18/04 08:06 PM

It's the second hour of auto erotica.
Posted By: 330Scott

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/18/04 08:27 PM

Yep. 8:00 central time.

American Musclecar is on at 6:00 central time and spotlights the Chrysler 300 - half hour show.

Followed by a new half hour show you don't want to miss - Barrett-Jackson Car Search.
Posted By: Spike

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/18/04 10:01 PM

Autorotica: American Muscle Car

Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division
The story of Chrysler's Dodge division.
Wed, Feb 18 9pm eastern
Posted By: mopower440

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/18/04 10:56 PM

anyone know about a dish 500? i got one and have the top50, i am wondering if i can add the speed channel only without upgrading to the top 100?
Posted By: FY1CUDA

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 12:39 AM

stumpy & quickb are correct!

Bottom line = TONIGHT 9:00 PM EST. (Wed. Feb. 18, 2004)
Speed Channel / American Musclecar 1 hour special on "Dodge"

Everyone has had thier doors blown off at least once, by a "BIG BAD DODGE"

Hope you like it!
Chuck West

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 12:47 AM

Who ever just placed the "Stickie"? Thank You! Much Appreciated! RootBeer to Ya!
Chuck West
Posted By: 69RR383

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 01:08 AM

Mopower--call them and ask--same number you call for pay-per-view I believe.
Posted By: DAMOPARS

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 01:29 AM

Chuck,
Is this a one time show or will it repete?
Thanks
Posted By: Wheeler

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 01:35 AM

Just a note to everyone: If you miss the show, don't worry - SpeedChannel will be repeating this episode at 2:00 am EST tonight, plus it will re-air this weekend.

I got this from SpeedChannel's TV schedule - all times are in Eastern Standard Time.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004
9:00 pm AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division
12:00 am American Muscle Car Chrysler 300
2:00 am AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division

Thursday, February 19, 2004
10:00 am American Muscle Car Chrysler 300

Friday, February 20, 2004
6:00 pm AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division

Saturday, February 21, 2004
9:00 am American Muscle Car Chrysler 300

Sunday, February 22, 2004
12:00 pm AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division
4:00 pm American Muscle Car Chrysler 300

Monday, February 23, 2004
9:00 pm AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division
2:00 am AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division

Friday, February 27, 2004
6:00 pm AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division

Sunday, February 29, 2004
8:00 pm AUTOROTICA: AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR Chrysler's "Go Fast" Division

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 01:42 AM

Wheeler,
Thanks very much! You beat me to it! Would have taken me a heck of a lot longer to type that out!
No! I don't know how to cut and paste or any other high tech. putor stuff either! Lol!

Thanks again,
Chuck
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 01:43 AM

My VCR is set! There better be some tubbed out ground pounders on there! Just kidding, I enjoy the restored mopars too! It's nice to see anything Mopar on TV.

They just showed the stats for that new Chrysler concept car, 10.60's in the 1/4 mile at 142 MPH.

Almost forgot, is there any Moparts cars I should watch for on the show?

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 01:54 AM

Bob, Bob, Bob... you know I can't give that Info. out! Lol!
Nice try though!
Seriously though, Yes, there are some Moparts members and Her and His cars. Not knowing who all knows who? I can't really say who will know a member or a members car? I am sure someone will know who the specific members are. But keep in mind that some of us are known by our cars, and some of us are known by name or face or even only by our Moparts name! Some who are on this specific show, are known and some not, because they are more observers on here than actual participants. All are cool people and cars! With one possible exception! Lol! I'll defer to others! I trust you will understand after you see the show!
I hope everyone truly enjoy's the show!
Chuck
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- what time? - 02/19/04 02:02 AM

Quote:

I trust you will understand after you see the show!

I hope, 'cause I barely kept up with that description here..

PS. After the show has aired, can you give us any more inside stories ?
Posted By: GoSuperBeeGo

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:13 AM

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA Ha Ha--OH YA************ That was GREAT!!!!!
Thanks Chuck, That is purely TOP NOTCH stuff.

Posted By: Tim S.

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:34 AM

Anybody able to make me a video or dvd copy? My VCR crapped out and my roomate is out of blank dvd's. I'd be happy to cover any costs and shipping.
Posted By: LL340Rag

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:37 AM

I fell asleep at 1965. That bites.
Posted By: Michael

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:38 AM

An all Dodge show and the very last car was a ...............Superbird. It was a very good show. The Black 63 Dodge with White interior is like mine.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:41 AM

Great show Chuck. Thanks for letting us know about it, I never watch TV but I watched your show, great job.
Mike
Posted By: 330Scott

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:42 AM

I wanna watch it again. And again.

Way cool Chuck. Thanks a whole bunch for the three 63's in the first minute. Plus the other 63 shots. Was that your car you were sitting in front of? And when I saw the two 71 Super Bee's, I shouted out to the wife "Hey I've seen those cars before and swapped a few emails with John" (she didn't care, but anyway) Fun viewing, but I'll bet it was even more fun to be involved with the production.

Great stuff. I was on the phone with a Mopar friend three times during the show.

Were the two Plymouths in the last shot a teaser for an upcoming Plymouth episode?
Posted By: 383man

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:45 AM

Looking good Chuck and yes it was a great show ! I even saw a real sweet 63 Ply in that Dodge show. Now thats the kinda show I will stay up for. Thanks Chuck. Ron

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:49 AM

I, missed it hope to catch the second broadcast though, were there any cudas?

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:52 AM

Quote:

I fell asleep at 1965. That bites.

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:53 AM

Quote:

Cuda's are Plymouth. This was Dodge only.
Posted By: moparr

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 03:56 AM

Good job to the guys at American Musclecar. Really neat new format . Like the hour and length. Very good tie in. I hope the people at speedvision are intuitive enough to have more of these kind of specials . I guess everybody needs to click on www.speedtv.com and tell the people of that channel that we want to see more of these kind of shows. Let's ban together and tell speed what we thought and what we think about more of this type of programming. Good job, Chuck!!

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 04:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Cuda's are Plymouth. This was Dodge only.

Thanks Hemidreams, as I said I missed it didn't know what it was about, just happened across it almost as it was going off.

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 04:22 AM

Some cartoon called Speed Racer is on right now,so I guess I will just have to stay up to watch the later showing!!!

Dave

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 04:36 AM

GregZ, Thanks for the kind words and all your help!
Also, the Hemi switched to Hydraulics in late 69 and generally known, changed in 1970.

Oz, thanks for the bump help and kind words!

GoSuperBeGo, I'll pass on the positive words on to Stan and Ken! As well as Speed Channel and all the rest of the people who made the show possible.

Micheal, Yes, all Dodge Show, the Cuda & SuperBird are my & a friends cars! Was not my decision, but! I will not complain! Lol! The Bosses Stan & Ken made that call!
For awhile, all the shows ended with the Cuda and Bird!
Thanks for the positive words!

BigDogMike, Glad you liked the show and thanks for your kind words. Glad you watched!

330Scott, I appreciate the input! And I love the '63'S Too!
You are correct! The '71's are Ramona & John Bober's, Moparts members and really outstanding people and gorgeous cars! Can you imagine having His & Hers like that? A dream come true for sure! My problem? I love them all!
As for Plymouth's? Never know??!!

Ron-383Man, Thank you! Coming from You, the kind words mean a lot too! The '63 was/is SUPER SWEET!!

TWEAT HEART, Sorry, all Dodge Special show this time. There was A Cuda! At the very end. Lol!

moparr, thank you very much! I'll pass on the positive words to Stan and Ken, and everyone involved. Very good idea in regards to contacting Speed Channel too. Won't hurt one bit! Thanks again.

I want to thank Stan and Ken for bringing me on board as the program coordinator and special thanks to all the special people who gave of thier time and allowed us to shoot all of thier gorgeous cars and for all the interviews etc., (Big Daddy Don Garlits and all the other big name icons!). It was a fun time, but also very very intense doing so much, and yet so little actual on film time! Thanks for making the show special!
Chuck
Posted By: The_Mean_Machine

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 04:49 AM

Damn, wanted to finish the sheet metal work tonight (changes to the tunnel to make room for the GV OD) - ended up in front of the TV and just got the drive shaft measurements done!
Frank

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 08:04 AM

I do not get Speed Channel and would be willing to buy a copy of the show from someone. Sounds like I missed a good show. Send me a message if someone will sell me a copy. Thanks

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 08:19 AM

Quote:

TWEAT HEART, Sorry, all Dodge Special show this time. There was A Cuda! At the very end. Lol!

Aww, don't be sorry, although I, personaly love those old plymouths, Dodges are awsome too! Was a very informative and enjoyable show. And I look forward to more like it hopefuly! Great program, congrats and thanks to all who made it possible to give us gearheads something we actually enjoy veiwing on the boob tube!
Now, my question is.......where can I get me one of them 68 HEMI darts??? LOL
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 11:16 AM

Chuck; Two thumbs up, great show! Beautiful cars, nice footage. Dave
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 11:29 AM

Great job Chuck! I really enjoyed it and I'll probably watch it again tonite! It was cool to see a nice mix of restos, hot rods and drag cars. Well done!
Posted By: JohnnyBee

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 - 02/19/04 12:05 PM

It was sooo cool to be asked to play with Chuck, Paul, Stan, Randy and the crew!

First off, it was FUN!!! Just to meet and hang out the entire day with some GREAT people. Even the Video crew was cool.

Chuck is a first class guy all the way. He is so professional in every way. I think the show was fantastic! The 1hr goes by like a ¼ mile.

Paul is the King of knowledge. I don’t know if he knows how much he knows, but man, he knows it all! He also is just fun to be around and hear him talk about cars even when not on camera.

Stan (the producer) is like meeting someone that you have known for years. He has the best job because he gets to meet and talk to everyone. This takes lots of time, but you can tell he loves it.

Randy is always cool. Every time I see him, he comes up to me to say, “Hey you ya doing”?

Thanks again so much!

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 12:11 PM

Tweat Heart,
Thanks for the compliments.
Where to get a '68 Hemi Dart?, as a matter of fact, yes, I do! Go to www.SS&AFX.com All you had to do is ask! Lol!

quickD100, Thanks very much for the kind words! Glad you liked the show! I will pass your input onto Stan & Ken, as they are the people that have the vision and passion to put it all together. There are a ton of people that will appreciate hearing that the work they did, was enjoyed by real enthusiast's like you and all the others!

Bob-ProSport, Thanks for the Kudo's! Your positive words will be passed onto the rest of the team and all who had a part in making the show. The cars are the stars and thanks to all who own and preserve the cars and the history. With a gorgeous car such as yours and the many others on Moparts, you know 1st hand the time and money invested.
I am hoping that the "Big Wheels" at Speed Channel will see the many good things Moparts members have said. It all helps, and anytime we can get Moparts and it's members some Ink or Air time, is all good in my book, for Moparts etc.
Thanks again,
Chuck

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/19/04 02:44 PM

It was a great show. As a history buff and an Analyst I liked the chronological progression from the beginnings of the company under the Dodge Brothers to modern times. I certainly wasn't aware of the business partnership between the Dodge Brothers and Henry Ford. Good to see new material and the 1 hour format allows more time to present this material. As an A body guy there could have been more on the 340 Darts as they were a big part of Mopar musclecar history.
Posted By: moparts

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 - 02/19/04 02:49 PM

Quote:

Chuck is a first class guy all the way. He is so professional in every way. I think the show was fantastic! The 1hr goes by like a ¼ mile.

Paul is the King of knowledge. I don’t know if he knows how much he knows, but man, he knows it all! He also is just fun to be around and hear him talk about cars even when not on camera.

Stan (the producer) is like meeting someone that you have known for years. He has the best job because he gets to meet and talk to everyone. This takes lots of time, but you can tell he loves it.

Is the show going to be avalible on DVD or VHS for sale?

It would be nice to be able to get an official copy of the show, like some other shows?

Having missed the show

If this is posible, let us know, Thanks

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 - 02/19/04 03:01 PM

great show!!! I watched it both times last night!! recorded it the second!! lol! it was nicely put together! I'm just waiting on the plymouth episode now! lol! and I would be interested in buying it on dvd also! thanks....KC!
Posted By: CharlieB

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 - 02/19/04 04:09 PM

Great show BUT WE NEED MORE

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 - 02/19/04 05:40 PM

Tom,
If there is not official one (or until then) be happy to send you a copy I taped from the broadcast.. Just shout
Posted By: NicksGarage

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 - 02/19/04 06:08 PM

Great Show!

I had to tape it twice as we had severe weather alerts blasting over the TV right when they started talking about the second generation Chargers. ARRGH!

The hour format was much better. They always skipped a lot of stuff when trying to squeeze into 30 minutes. Could have spent less time on the history of Dodge but that is interesting too. I was surprised that there wasn't much mention of the Super Bee, especially the A12 cars.

Was cool to see the Bober's cars side by side at the end. I have a certain affinity for high-impact '71s.

Nick.
Posted By: dem440c

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2 - 02/19/04 06:48 PM

A+ on the show, in fact, I went to the Speed channel site and sent in some very positive feedback and a request for more! I for one loved the history lesson as there was a lot that I didn't know. I too was surprised at the lack of mention of the Super Bee, but I guess it's fair to say that sales-wise this car was overshadowed by the Road runner. Overall I thought the show was very well produced and the content was first rate. I rewound that one shot of the hemi Dart running thru the gears from inside the car over and over with the volume cranked- man, what a sound!

We want more! If that show had gone on for five hours, I would've sat right there and watched it.

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/20/04 01:26 AM

A great 1 hour show.Those responsible...good job!!!!!!
You will never hear it from from hot rod mag but the show brings to light how lame chevy(gm) was in the golden era of nascar racing.Makes you wonder why Bill France changed the the rules???

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/20/04 04:06 AM

JohnnyBee, Hey! I know you! I guess I was typing while you were posting! Lol!
No, Thank You and your Lovely Wife! To drive as far as you did and uncertain weather conditions? And Coollllddddddddd!
(For FL anyways!) I am really glad to hear from one of the true stars of the show! I am glad you liked the show! That means a lot!

As for Paul Z.? I wish I knew 1/2 of what he knows! I hope my delivery on camera will be as polished as Pauls some day.
It's only a dream at this point! I can only hope to get more opportunities to get better!

Stan? Stan is the consumate Pro and friend! Stan and Ken are the one's with the vision and passion, and along with Speed Channel, they make it work and all possible!

As for Randy Bolig! He is way ahead of the curve at his age in this industry! Great guy! He is sick though! Remember he offered to put his convertible top down for the camera man to be able to get good shots during the drive alongs. It was COLD out! Brave or crazy? Not sure which! Lol!
Again, much thanks to my new friends, Ramona & John Bober!

Originalwedge - Thanks for your neat observations! Glad you enjoyed the show.

Tom - Mr. Moparts! - Thanks for this great place for all of us Mopar Nuts! You have mail!

killercuda - Twice last night? You are more sick than I! Lol! Thanks for the kind words and I'll keep updated on availability of DVD. I know we'll offer VHS.
Plymouth show!? Lol! Never know! Tell www.Speedtv.com

CharlieB - Thanks, See above We're trying!!

Oz - Thanks again for all your neat bumps! Also, FYI, because of contract reasons, we can't distribute tapes for 90 days after the 1st show actually airs. I'll up-date!
We are currently up-dating the American MuscleCar website!
I'll be in touch.
NicksGarage - Thanks! Bober's, HI IMPACT 71's? Oh Yea!

Dem440c - Thanks for contacting Speed Channel! Sorry we could not have more Super Bee's for the time allowed. Just ran out of time!
Thanks for the positve words though!

Ted - Thanks! I agree, more early drags content.

mcat4321 - Thanks and glad you liked the show and my Cuda and friends SuperBird at the end of the show.

Burnt70RT - Thank you! Life was cool back then. Too bad I was not born until 57! Lol! I'm CAN'T really complaining tho!

Darrell - Not sure! I'll have to go back and review! Lol!

drbill - Thank you! You and your Bro's cars!? Too cool!!

strongerthanall - Thanks! Glad you enjoyed and for the input!

DanH - Thank You! I'll pass on the kind thoughts to Stan and Ken, as well as Speed Channel. Bill France?? Lol!
Thanks again to everyone here! You make this place ROCK!
Chuck West
Program Coordinator

Re: Dodge special on Speed Channel- TONIGHT!!!! 2/18 - 02/20/04 04:13 AM

No problem at all Chuck, just happy to try and get more people watching in some way

And I hear ya on the tape, and timing involved..

Great job again
© 2024 Moparts Forums