Moparts

I kind of like this Indy cross ram

Posted By: AndyF

I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 05:18 AM

This thing looks promising. I need to get it on the dyno to see how well it works but so far I rather like it.

It did take me a couple of hours of grinding to get it to clear the MSD distributor and to get the port matching correct. I still need to put it in the Bridgeport and counterbore for the intake bolts since they are cast at an angle.

I'm thinking it should run pretty good with a couple of Eddy 800 carbs on top but I'm wondering if it might just be a cool street setup with a six pack? I know the stock six pack setup runs out of power on big motors but this sucker might just work.

Attached picture 2945812-rambox.jpg

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 05:22 AM

Here it is with the 4150 inline top in place. I'm thinking I'll call up Ken and see if he'll send me a 6 pack top. Might have to wait until next month though since the VISA card is still smoking a little bit from the last round of parts buying.

Attached picture 2945818-ramtop.jpg
Posted By: jyrki

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 06:09 AM

With the huge plenum volume, it mey not be a very good street intake even with the six pack.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 10:16 AM

I have a friend that ran it for years with two 800 eddies, and he switched to two holley 950's and likes them a lot better. He also went with 3.73's instead of 4.10s since the car is streeted and it runs nearly identicle et of 9.70's with the same intake. I would go with a set of holley style carbs over eddies....
Posted By: RATTRAP

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 10:31 AM

Looks Sweet, Does It have the max_wedge ports? What Block is that?
Posted By: PHJ426

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 10:53 AM

That is a cool shot of the ports with the top off!

Andy where did you get them valve covers and where can I $ a set of them?
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 11:00 AM

my vote goes to a 6 pack lid with 3 4412 holleys and spacing for the center hung float bowls

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 11:04 AM

or how about 4 2bbls, one over each set of runners in a 1 to 1 ratio. bad gas milage though
Posted By: OriginalRT

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 02:04 PM

Quote:

or how about 4 2bbls, one over each set of runners in a 1 to 1 ratio. bad gas milage though

That'd be slick! Kinda like a split dominator set up.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 03:58 PM

Quote:

It did take me a couple of hours of grinding to get it to clear the MSD distributor and to get the port matching correct. I still need to put it in the Bridgeport and counterbore for the intake bolts since they are cast at an angle.

The bolt holes are not straight with the head threaded holes??? That is terrible.

But I think it will make good power.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 04:55 PM

Yeah the head of the bolt hits the manifold at an angle so it would dig in and not seal up. I didn't want to run it that way since there is fuel in the manifold and I don't want it leaking down the bolt hole into the crankcase.

To answer the earlier questions this manifold is MW port size and it only fits Indy heads on a RB block. I guess it might fit something like the new Victor heads but it is designed for the Indy heads with a valley cover.

The runner length is about 9 inches long so it is a little longer than a tunnel ram but not nearly as long as the Max Wedge cross ram. So the torque peak should be a little higher. Ken says it carries the power higher up the rpm range and that it makes more power than a cross ram and keeps making more the higher the speed goes. He figured it should be good for 50 hp on my 505.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 05:22 PM

It would be nice to see more B block intake options with a M/W port!
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 08:32 PM

So what makes these STR-like crossrams better than the original Edelbrock versions, and what sort of 'ka-boom' safety / pop-off / backfire valve is on that thing from the factory?

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/25/06 10:07 PM

They are available for one thing and they have MW port sizes.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/26/06 12:01 AM

Hey Andy ... can you post a pic of the front were you had to clearance it for the distributor?

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/26/06 01:46 AM

I had to grind away a bunch of the mounting bolt boss since it was running into the distributor. The odd thing is that the boss isn't even needed that low since the screw is only about 1/2 inch long. So it was just a hunk of aluminum hanging out there.

Then I had to grind a shallow cup into the front of the manifold to clear the side of the distributor. It was probably 0.060 thick section about the size of a silver dollar.

Attached picture 2947699-ramfront.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/26/06 03:39 AM

Andy, as far as which set up will make the most power I'm betting on the stocker type cross ram with the 1600 CFM. Make sure and watch your jetting via the spark plugs, AFR sensors and EGTs if you can. BTW I will be glad to do some track testing on those combo in my car with my MW port SR 527 motor, Let me know if your interested in doing some at the track testing.
Oops, sorry. I put this on the wrong post. Anyway the offer still stands.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/26/06 10:13 AM

That intake sure would look nice polished out like that vally tray!

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/28/06 02:23 AM

A few minutes on the Bridgeport fixed the mounting surface issue for the hold down bolts.

Attached picture 2952891-ramspotface.jpg

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/28/06 01:43 PM

Cant wait to see the results on this one

You'd think they could cast the holes correctly Nice job on the fix
Posted By: 71TA

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/28/06 03:01 PM

Is that on your 505"? Is your 505" a B or RB?

Mag quality pictures there Andy!

Did you see the post of mine about the pictures on the Challenger Ebay add. There were a couple iso view motor shots that were good enuff to frame. My son borrowed the iso view of the Challenger script and bumble bee stripe on the decklid and used it for his desktop wallpaper. It ROCKS! Sorry of the O/T.

PS The 470 is still raisin heck on metro Detroit streets. Might go to a roller (hyd? solid?) cam next year and EFI. Right now though the carb is DIALED in. Starts and runs GREAT after buying that LM1.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/28/06 04:31 PM

Hey Jim, nice to see you wander thru the race board.

The 505 motor is an RB block. 0.030 over on the bore with a 4.250 stroke in it. I'm strapping it on the dyno today to see just what happens with these different manifolds.

Good news on that 470. I'll most likely sell this 505 when I'm done with the dyno testing. Hopefully it finds as good of a home as that 470 did.

The LM1 is one of the greatest tuning tools ever. One of my next projects is to use the LM1 on my car and see if I can actually dial in a Holley Dominator so that it works on the street. I'm not sure if I can get it to a point where it drives super nice but I figured it would be a fun thing to mess with.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/29/06 01:10 PM

Quote:

The 505 motor is an RB block. 0.030 over on the bore with a 4.250 stroke in it. I'm strapping it on the dyno today to see just what happens with these different manifolds.

AND ...... How did it go?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/29/06 02:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i think we'll have to wait for it to hit the newsstand ???
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/29/06 02:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i think we'll have to wait for it to hit the newsstand ???

NOT --- he can PM me the rusults between the Iny and Mopar cross ram

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 01:47 AM

We're not finished yet but I can safely say that the Indy cross ram picked up a ton of power over the MP cross ram. At least 75 hp increase, maybe more. We need to do some more tuning and I need to stare at the dyno sheets for a bit to understand just what all we saw today.

The really interesting thing to me was that the cross ram ran just fine with out of the box jetting on the Eddy carbs. There was a little variation from cylinder to cylinder but not bad. The Indy ram wanted the carbs to be jetted up a bit. I went up 3 sizes and that wasn't enough. Probably need to go up another 3 or 4 jets sizes to get it into the ballpark. And it needs some cross jetting to be really dialed in but I don't think we'll spend the time doing that.

Attached picture 2957158-dynoindyram.jpg

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 01:56 AM

Here is a shot of the MP cross ram on the dyno. It makes a bunch of torque and it sure sounds brutal. This would be wicked fun in an early B body street/strip car.

Attached picture 2957175-dynocrossram.jpg
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 03:06 AM

Quote:

To answer the earlier questions this manifold is MW port size and it only fits Indy heads on a RB block.

actually....its supposed to fit the OE type MW heads on an RB block, and seals the valley just like the OE intake when used in that manner.

where did the MP/OE X-ram run out of steam on your 505??
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 03:11 AM

75hp????? Peak or under the curve?

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 04:53 AM

No way does the Indy cross ram seal off the valley. I don't see any way to use this with factory MW heads since they don't work with valley plates unless they are welded up on the bottom edge.

If someone has a picture of the Indy cross ram mounted on stock MW heads I'd love to see how they did it.

Attached picture 2957485-IndyRamFront.jpg
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 02:02 PM

I am shocked to hear you picked up 75 HP from the Indy over the MP xram. ( Maybe even a little sadenned ). Anxiously awaiting the raw data...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 02:30 PM

Once you figure out all that is needed to get power out of stock type cast manifolds, step up and look at what is state of the art in air flow and power in manifolds.

http://www.hogansracingmanifolds.com/

Look at Tims' cross rams..........
$ for $ excellent return on investement.... and the bolt holes line up....
Posted By: Lightning

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 11:28 PM

Quote:

Here is a shot of the MP cross ram on the dyno. It makes a bunch of torque and it sure sounds brutal. This would be wicked fun in an early B body street/strip car.

that things looks so badass....
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 09/30/06 11:32 PM

a friend also a member here, RatPatrol fabbed up pieces that were welded to the indy crossram to seal it on the block. He used edelbrock heads.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 12:47 AM

Quote:

it sure sounds brutal.

Did it get the HOWL on? Hope so

It's going to be cool to see how the modern single plane intakes match up.

I made some harebrained predictions via PM and am anxious to find out how completely wrong they were
Posted By: Michael

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 01:18 AM

I remember 3 or 4 years ago when Indy came out with that manifold, a friend of mine installed that intake on his Max Wedge and picked up over a half a second over the OEM cross-ram. That manifold will make power!
Posted By: Ari440

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 01:25 AM

Quote:

Here it is with the 4150 inline top in place. I'm thinking I'll call up Ken and see if he'll send me a 6 pack top. Might have to wait until next month though since the VISA card is still smoking a little bit from the last round of parts buying.

do they make a throttle bracket or linkage to mount two 750,s holley carbs on or do you have to rig something up ?
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 02:47 AM

Quote:

No way does the Indy cross ram seal off the valley. I don't see any way to use this with factory MW heads since they don't work with valley plates unless they are welded up on the bottom edge.

If someone has a picture of the Indy cross ram mounted on stock MW heads I'd love to see how they did it.

i can see from that pic that that intake isnt going to seal the valley.....but i know of someone who had one on a motor with stock MW heads.
i guess i foolishly assumed it would seal the valley like the OE intake.

also, IIRC....i think Moparts member Whompin Wedge is using that intake on an RB block with some MW ported 906's.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 03:42 AM

Indy doesn't provide any help with linkages but I have the capability of making my own. I'll have a kit available for sale shortly although I doubt I'll sell very many. I don't think there are a lot of people who run this manifold at the moment.

If you look at the picture above you can see the fuel lines and the throttle linkage setup that I put together for the dyno. For the street the throttle would come in from the rear and there would be a bracket back there to hold the throttle cable.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 04:07 AM

The Indy 440-3 intake did pretty well. We just made one pull on it though and then ran out of time. We'll be at it again on Monday. The Dominator was super rich right out of the box so we'll have to take some jet out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if the single Dominator makes more power than the Indy ram intake when it is all over.

Attached picture 2959346-dynoindy.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 04:46 AM

Andy, I know you said that the carb. you got is one of the new Ultra Dominators but you might wnat to look at(if it has them)the power valve fuel holes in the metering block. I bought a 8896-1 several years ago and it had humongous PVRC in the metering plates, to big to be able to jet the carb down enough to get a good AFR reading at WOT with out making the motor detaonate at part throttle. The Carb. Shop was next door to the dyno shop and they fix the metering plates so we could still run the front power valve and block the rear one off, that made the jetting a lot easier to tune.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 06:10 AM

Quote:

The LM1 is one of the greatest tuning tools ever. One of my next projects is to use the LM1 on my car and see if I can actually dial in a Holley Dominator so that it works on the street. I'm not sure if I can get it to a point where it drives super nice but I figured it would be a fun thing to mess with.

Andy, and this is what impressed me most about 1FastMopar's car during Drag Week! i asked the questions but Eddie wouldn't answer. i saw some things that were very interesting

we all know that a dominator will make the numbers, the multi carb setups are for those that want to be different

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 12:07 PM

Andy, going from the oe maxwedge to the indy intake,
what metering jets and metering rods did you use on your oe max wedge intake
and what metering jets and metering rods on the indy 440-25 intake.
my oe crossram uses 113 primarys
110 secondaries
need some recommendations on jetting the indy intake

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 04:08 PM

The carbs are the #1812 Edelbrock 800 cfm AVS units. We had them box stock on the MP cross ram. 113 jets, 68/47 rods and 101 jets. On the cross ram they were a little rich, AF was 11.9 during the pulls. But we didn't lean it out since a couple of cylinders were up in the 1350 temp range while others were down around 1100 degrees. So it needed to be tweaked but we didn't want to spend the time dialing it in.

On the Indy x box the carbs were way lean. We jetted it up to 104 on the secondaries but it was still lean. It could've gone 107 or maybe even 110. There was still some cylinder to cylinder variation but not as much.

The Indy manifold doesn't come with any gaskets anywhere so my guess is that it is full of vacuum leaks. We tried to seal it up with RTV which is okay for some dyno pulls but that wouldn't last long on a real engine. That manifold really needs to be redesigned so that it has o-rings seals internally and on the tops. Some good viton covered washers under the intake to head bolts would also be a good idea. That way you won't have gas leaking down in to the oil pan.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 09:08 PM

Not at all suprised you got more HP out of the new Indy inline Xram than the one patterned after the old original Max Xram, I can run right at 2 tenths quicker with a Dominator and Indy single plane than with the Xram, normally on the Xram you need to richen up the throttle sides of the carbs a bit to get a more equal distribution. The old Crossrams aren't the fastest, but the look can't be beat.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/01/06 10:58 PM

Quote:

I remember 3 or 4 years ago when Indy came out with that manifold, a friend of mine installed that intake on his Max Wedge and picked up over a half a second over the OEM cross-ram. That manifold will make power!

That seems like it would not be possible but next year I may just find out for sure. Currently I'm running on OE max wedge intake and was thinking of going to the Mopar x ram or the Indy. I think this test Andy just did made up my mind. As of right now with an original x ram I have a best of 10.07 but in the heat it stays in the 10.10 to 10.15 range. I think the Indy intake would put me in the ball park for some high 9.90's in the heat which would be right on for the 10.0 class. Thanks Andy for doing the testing and posting the results. I currently have the 750 carbs and will start with them next year but may go to the 800's if needed.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/02/06 12:07 AM

I GOT .4-.5 OUT OF THE BOX ON MY INDY 440-25 INTAKE COMPARED TO MY ORIGINAL MAX WEDGE CROSSRAM.
I WENT FROM 10.70 TO 10.30 RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX AND THEN JETTED AND GOT ANOTHER TENTH OUT OF IT. YOU NEED SOME BIG METERING JETS FOR THIS INDY INTAKE.
I THINK IT IS ONE UGLY PIECE BUT IT WORKS FOR SURE.
SO YOU NEED TO KNOW: "WOULD YOU RATHER LOOK GOOD OR RUN GOOD" THAT IS THE QUESTION?

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/02/06 12:12 AM

how tall is the indy crossram?

how much do they go for?

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/02/06 12:19 AM

i know they go for $1250.00 retail but call FAST68PLYMOUTH, i think He has a real good price on them

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/02/06 06:09 AM

If you pick up 75 hp like we did on this motor then you should easily pick up a couple of tenths if not more. It will depend on how much power capability the motor has. This was a flat tappet motor that were shutting off around 6500 rpm. If it was a roller motor that was turning 7500 rpm I bet the HP difference would have been even greater.

Switching from the cross ram to the X box will add some power but you'll probably need to change gears and maybe upgrade the valvetrain to take advantage of the new power.

I'd think the 750 carbs would work fine on the X box. I ran 800's since that is what I had but I can't see why the 750's wouldn't work just as well.

The biggest problem is getting the tune up correct. It is kind of a pain to deal with twin Eddy carbs! It is a lot of little clips, levers, springs, rods, etc everytime you pull the tops. I can see where a guy would get tired of twisting screws if you had to do a bunch of trial and error to get the cross jetting correct. At some point I'd put studs in the top of the Eddy carbs just to keep from stripping out those screws.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/04/06 02:54 PM

Ari - here is the throttle bracket that I designed for this setup. I talked to Indy about supplying it to them so if that deal works out then people will be able to buy a turn key setup from them.

Attached picture 2967506-Indyram.jpg

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/04/06 03:30 PM

Numbers? results? wha-da-we got?

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/04/06 04:13 PM

Andy, just send me both of the intake set ups you tried with the carbs and I'll stick em on mine and do some REAL track testing and they can be compared to my oe x ram

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/04/06 05:00 PM

Is your car ready for another 80 hp!

I see that Indy sells a six pack lid for this intake. Anyone try that baby yet? Maybe I need to make the call to Russ and Ken and see what they think about a six pack setup on this motor. It doesn't seem like the six pack setup has enough airflow to make 700+ hp but who knows. Rossi used to make some serious power years ago with those carbs.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/04/06 08:13 PM

3 4412 500 CFM CARBS with the air horns cut down and the power valves blocked in the outboards is the route i would take. it would save several hundred dollars over six pack carbs

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/05/06 01:35 AM

ANDY, WHATS THE PRICE FOR THE THROTTLE BRACKET AND LINKAGE RODS, I HAVE THE OFFSET TOP.
I LIKE WHAT I SEE.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/05/06 02:05 AM

how tall is the indy crossram ?

to mount two HOLLEY 750,s what linkiage whould you use ?

can you mount the 750s holley inline ?

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/05/06 04:42 AM

I haven't set prices yet for this stuff since I haven't finished designing the kits yet.

How far offset are your carbs? I don't think I've seen an offset top. If they aren't offset very far maybe the heim joints would take up the angle. Othwise you would need a linkage with a jog in it.
Posted By: john55

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/05/06 11:31 AM

Quote:

I see that Indy sells a six pack lid for this intake. Anyone try that baby yet? Maybe I need to make the call to Russ and Ken and see what they think about a six pack setup on this motor. It doesn't seem like the six pack setup has enough airflow to make 700+ hp but who knows. Rossi used to make some serious power years ago with those carbs.

that six pack set up sounds neat, any chance it would fit under a stock air grabber hood? it looks kinda tall to go under a stock hood.....

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/05/06 11:45 PM

ANDY,indy has a small offset top which is offset around 2" staggered, i've seen a intake with a jogged linkage rod, i made up a straight rod(not professionally done) waiting for your parts,with oe carb swivel ends, i think a small jogged linkage rod would work fine, pm me with a price on the throttle bracket, and linkage rod, i'll buy it immediately thanks, also i need one of those indy 2 piece valley covers machined so you can slip it under the heads so you dont have to remove the heads.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/06/06 11:05 AM

I'll make sure the car is ready just have to figure out if the driver is ready Soooo, see below for my current best et and then figure another 80 hp in a 3250 lb car and what et will I gain? Maybe 2.5 tenths?
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/06/06 12:34 PM

Quote:

I'll make sure the car is ready just have to figure out if the driver is ready Soooo, see below for my current best et and then figure another 80 hp in a 3250 lb car and what et will I gain? Maybe 2.5 tenths?

Hey Russ - After reading Andy's results, I'm even more impressed with how well you car runs. I think my combo is pretty similar to yours, so if I can get anywhere near your best ET, I will be thrilled. Would you mind sharing your combo again? ( sorry for the hijack, Andy)
Posted By: 70BigBlockSE

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/06/06 12:55 PM

"I see that Indy sells a six pack lid for this intake. Anyone try that baby yet? Maybe I need to make the call to Russ and Ken and see what they think about a six pack setup on this motor. It doesn't seem like the six pack setup has enough airflow to make 700+ hp but who knows. Rossi used to make some serious power years ago with those carbs."

Has anyone ever dyno'd the Weiand sixpack tunnel ram that the Super Stockers use? I'd like to see how it compares, since the factory intake runs out of steam. I'd offer mine for a dyno run, standard size ports though.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/06/06 07:02 PM

It looks like I'll be back on the dyno with the Indy six pack setup in the next few weeks. Won't know for sure until all the parts show up.

I don't think I'll test a std port six pack manifold since I have the MW heads. The std port setup might bolt on (not sure that the gaskets will seal) but there would be a decent size port mismatch that would put a kink in things.

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/07/06 06:23 AM

ARI - You can't mount Holley carbs that have metering blocks in line but you can mount up the ones with metering plates. Here is a pic that I took with a couple of Holley 1850 carbs mounted on to the manifold. You can also turn the carbs sideways and then you could run twin HP style carbs.

It would be a real pain to tune the dual Holley setup like this though since you would have to remove the carbs to take the bowls off. And, you have to change metering plates or drill them since there isn't jets. That would get really old, especially when you're trying to sort out some cross jet issues.

One interesting data point: This combo here with the dual 1850 carbs weighs exactly 30 lbs more than a Indy 440-3 intake with a 1050 Dominator.

Attached picture 2973832-Indy1850.jpg

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/07/06 01:39 PM

It looks as though there may be enough room left between the carbs to use a metering block in the secondaries as long as you stayed with the side hung float bowl. Just like the six pack set ups. Look at the mechanical carbs, they use a side hung float bowl and the rear fits with a metering plate. As for jetting, yah, it would suck to set it up but it's very doable.

BTW ... great photos Andy!!! you should do some side work for a magazine
Posted By: Runner

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/07/06 02:33 PM

andy, i believe ive seen replacement metering plats that accept jets
Posted By: Runner

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/07/06 02:38 PM

its quick fuel part, heres the summit link. they also seell them for center hung bowls

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...mp;autoview=sku

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/07/06 03:15 PM

In the picture it looks like a secondary metering block would fit on that front carb but it actually doesn't. I tried it and you would have to use a press fit to get the carbs to fit.

But, there is non particular reason why Indy couldn't spread the carbs apart by another 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch. These manifold tops are machined on a CNC vertical mill and there isn't any magic to the exact carb placement. So if a person wanted it done that way I'm sure you could work with the guys at Indy to get the carbs moved apart.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/08/06 12:29 AM

So did the Indy Intake really make 80 more horses over the new Mopar Crossram?????????

Re: I kind of like this Indy cross ram - 10/10/06 04:55 PM

Yes, that is basically correct.
© 2024 Moparts Forums