Moparts

RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man

Posted By: GregPurcell

RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/06/20 06:24 AM

It is with deep sadness than I announce to the Mopar community the death of one of my best friends, Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man of Thurmont, MD.

Mike passed away Saturday April 4th, shortly after his 65th birthday of congestive heart failure (not COVID 19 related)

His wife Judy has asked that in lieu of flowers and gifts that you please donate to your favorite charity at this time. We are unable to have a service due to the current state lockdown but a memorial will be planned later on after the pandemic subsides.

I am still looking for pictures of Mike to post (and Judy has promised some as well) but I thought it would be nice to open this post up as a memorial for your comments, stories and pictures.

Mike was loved by everybody and he will be sorely missed.

Thanks for reading!
Greg Purcell
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/06/20 10:03 AM

My Heart Felt Wishes Go Out. Remember them both from over the years at Carlisle & Englishtown Swaps. Two of the nicest people to have met & talked too. Always had a good laugh with them.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/06/20 10:06 AM

Very sorry to hear this news. Rest in peace Mike.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/07/20 02:59 AM

Very sorry to hear this - my condolences go out to his family & friends.
Posted By: Duanne

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/07/20 04:47 AM

I used to hang with Mike and Cliff Zaturski at The Mopar event at Norwalk for many years.
Great guy. we had talked of going to the gators this year but it was not to be. RIP Mountain man
Posted By: skicker

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/07/20 12:48 PM

I used to talk to him a lot back in the late 80's when he would show up at Mason Dixon...

Good guy... angel
Posted By: Michael

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/09/20 12:40 AM

Talked with him many times years ago---RIP Mike
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/10/20 12:24 AM

R.I.P. Mike. Very sorry for the loss to all that knew and loved him. He sounds like a good guy! angel
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/10/20 01:29 PM

I just stumbled on to this thread. Thank you Greg for posting. I am in total disbelief right now. Mike and his wife Judy, just the absolute best. I was introduced to Mike when I was 18, that year he did all of the machine work on my first small block build. He was incredibly knowledgeable and knew what worked and kept me from buying all the newest shiny gimmicks out at the time as well. Really fun to watch him wheel his dart down the track. Rest in peace Mike, you will be greatly missed.
Posted By: hemirdrnnr

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/10/20 02:13 PM

angel Rest in peace.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/10/20 10:42 PM

RIP MM... angel
Posted By: moparx

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/11/20 03:42 PM

R.I.P. sir.
angel
Posted By: 65rbdodge

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/12/20 08:19 PM

Wow! I am shocked to hear this too. Mike was a great guy, he built the 440 I have in my 65 coronet. That was in 1998 or so. It’s still in the car and going strong. My good friend Doc webby introduced me to mike. To Anyone that knows doc he’s still around but lost most of his vision, I’ve been helping him put his valiant together. RIP Mike
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/19/20 12:09 AM

RIP Mike,prayers to all he left behind frown
Posted By: jcc

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/19/20 02:16 AM

RIP angel

Didn't know the guy, anybody got the back story on how he got his nickname?
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: RIP Mike Buhrman AKA Mountain Man - 04/20/20 05:09 PM

It's sad to hear of his passing. It seems like to much of it this year. frown Mike's friends and family are in my thoughts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums