Moparts

RIP SCATPK

Posted By: Jeepmon

RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 07:09 AM

It looks like Herb lost his battle with Cancer today.. We all knew it was coming, but it doesnt make it any less painful..

RIP my brother..
Posted By: carcrazyguy

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 07:25 AM

RIP fellow car guy....
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 09:16 AM

Was always a pleasure to meet and chat with him. frown

Attached picture Herb.gif
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 11:32 AM

RIP Herb. angel

He was a great dude who will be missed! I will never forget riding in and driving his HEMI GTX...and taking off in third gear. He was gracious and funny. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Posted By: 426Savoy

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 12:22 PM

RIP Herb angel I met Herb at Stu's while on a company trip to the area. He was friendly as could be and didn't know me from Adam. I remember walking down the road from Stu's to look at his GTX. Great guy. Rest in Peace.
Posted By: SANDYinNS Canada

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 01:29 PM

Glad I wasn't the one to post this .. Herb was a very private guy and many on this board probably had no idea he was fighting cancer. It was a huge battle I won't go into the details but I can assure you guys he fought it with everything available to him !

I spent as much time with him as I could and am still deeply saddened by his passing . He was a great man . A family man and a dedicated employee . He loved mopars and his knowledge of the car hobby was amazing. He treated me like family even to the point of my son going to SFO to stay with him and his family .

Herb helped me with countless part scores and vehicle purchases .. Storing them and sometimes fixing them up . We all knew the end was near but for some reason it still hurts as much as if it were sudden .

I did manage to get Herb to come to Nova Scotia and stay for 9 days . We had a blast sadly he never got return . Herb met a who bunch of us Canadians over the years and any friend of mine was a friend of his .

Rip Herb
Posted By: FrankenScamp

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 01:54 PM

Damn..... frown

RIP
Posted By: BloFish

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 01:58 PM

God speed Herb angel
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 01:58 PM

Very sad to hear this. RIP. frown
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 02:34 PM

Prayers sent for his family.
Matt
Posted By: feets

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 03:02 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

Goodbye Herb.
Posted By: 63CandyMatic

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 03:06 PM

Sad to hear. Prayers to his family and friends.
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 03:19 PM

Yes a good friend gone too soon. I could never pay back all the help and advice Herb has given me over the many years that i have known him. He will be missed............... angel

Attached picture herb 6.jpg
Posted By: EWJ

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 04:00 PM

Wow...very sorry to hear. Did not have much interaction with him, but seemed very nice. Looks way to young to have left this earth.
Posted By: Darius

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 04:03 PM

RIP Herbie. Enjoy Mopar heaven, as I am sure you will.
Posted By: SeventyGTX

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 04:50 PM

WOW! I haven't been on here much lately and had no idea he was battling cancer. Last time I saw him was about 3 years ago at the show in Rancho Cordova. Even parked next to him at one of the shows there several years ago. Just a great all around guy. This is a stunner. frown
RIP Herb, you will be missed. angel
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 05:13 PM

i have known Herb for many years . He was a great guy. He let me drive his GTX on many occasions. I even got pulled over by CHP launching on an on ramp going thru all 4 gears doing 100 mph with him in the passenger seat. The cop didn't give me a ticket. Just wanted to see the car. He will be missed. Rest in peace Herb.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 05:35 PM

Terrible loss. So sorry to hear about this.

RIP
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 05:43 PM

So sorry to read of his passing. My condolences and prayers go out to his family.
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 07:05 PM

When Sandy first told me [in confidence] of Herb's battle, my reaction to the news was as anyone else's would have been - to reach out. Herb's need to be a private man kept that from happening. I am greatly saddened by the fact that I never got to say good-bye, but Herb's wishes far outweigh my selfish needs.

One of my fondest memories was [hopelessly] trying to keep up with him as he briskly accelerated down Woodley in Van Nuys. It was a good thing that I was unable to stay with him, as being beside a sideways GTX as it leaves rubber going into third gear is not a clever place to be.

Godspeed, my friend. angel
Posted By: amxautox

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 07:27 PM

Rest In Peace. angel A Loss To The Mopar World.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 08:04 PM

I had no idea he was sick, what a great person he was. RIP Herb angel
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 08:47 PM

RIP Herb
Posted By: crackedback

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 08:58 PM

Horrible to hear of his passing.

He was a good guy. Always a kick when I spoke with him at Flings.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 09:26 PM

RIP Herb!
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 10:29 PM

Herb was a true Mopar guy and someone I always wanted to meet but never had the chance.RIP.

Sheldon

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/18/16 10:41 PM

Here's a couple of videos of Herbie tearing it up a few years ago at Dyno Day.

https://youtu.be/_UVC8_7Vg3M

https://youtu.be/gbkSTN7XDxI
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 12:07 AM

frown angel
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 01:17 AM

Rest in Mopar peace Herbie
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 02:31 AM

Well crap...

RIP Herb.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 03:07 AM

That sucks. I never interacted with him, but I loved his car.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 03:08 AM

Found out about Herbs passing yesterday and pretty much kept quiet to respect Herbs desire for privacy. I've known Herb since the mid 90s. Actually met him in passing(he was passing) on I-5 heading to Springfling. He caught my attention in that he was driving his 70 340 Swinger. After that weekend we kept up with each other via the net but I really got to know him when he brokered the deal for the 71 Charger I purchased.

Even though we lived several states apart I always regarded Herb as a friend. He will be sorely be missed, especially by the tight knit group he ran with in his home town.

Herb, my brother, I wish you a safe journey to the other side. angel
Posted By: flypaper

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 04:17 AM

its very sad seeing this whiney
RIP angel
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 05:25 AM

Sorry to learn of this. He was always a welcome sight at the Spring and Fall Fling car shows. Herb always made time to say hello, always willing to share stories. Herb had many friends and I'm sure that they all will miss him. I know that he battled with the disease for awhile. My understanding is that he lived longer than the docs expected. I was hoping to hear that he was in remission but at the same time I was worried to ask anyone. This is a problem that I have, NOT knowing and worried to ask for fear that things are getting worse. I've had several family members die from Cancer related issues. Some had luck and held off the disease, others conked out pretty quick.
I saw Rico with Herbs GTX at the 2015 Hot August Nights show. When I saw the car I expected to see Herb near it.
I'm going to miss seeing you buddy.
Posted By: theraif

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 05:38 AM

frown angel

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 06:08 AM

I remember several years ago he brought the X to Willow Springs to run around the track. Man the smile he had on his face after his first run. He was putting that Hemi through its paces.

Have to admire him, he didn't seem to let his situation get the best of him. Continued to work on that Max Wedge car.

I was in SF in April to Pu that 300 vert. Missed a chance to see him. Sandy flew in the day I headed south so I'm sure they had some quality time.
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 07:14 AM

Sorry to hear this. RIP, gone too soon.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 11:09 AM

angel
Posted By: Cometstorm

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 06:50 PM

I didn't know him other than his numerous posts here. Upstanding guy, I have no doubt...

Shift hard, shift fast "up there" buddy! angel
Posted By: LO23M8B

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 09:08 PM

Yes, Herb was a very private person. He really didn't want to burden people with his disease, so most of it was kept pretty quiet. Rose (Herbie's wife) texted me Wednesday morning with a simple "He's gone". Rose was with him at home as well as his brother Ronnie and hospice. Ronnie told me he was at peace when he passed. Just faded out. So sad. I've known him since he was 17-18 years old. We have had a ton of great adventures together. He was like a brother. Ronnie is going to the funeral home today to work out the next step. Services and such. When I get the information, I will post it, for those interested. He will be missed. Rico
Posted By: RangerDan440

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/19/16 11:14 PM

Definitely one of the Moparts good guys with one of the coolest cars around and he will be missed. Cancer sucks.
Posted By: old_goat

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 12:29 AM

Very sorry to hear this. He was a great guy, although I never met him.
RIP Herb
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By EWJ
Wow...very sorry to hear. Did not have much interaction with him, but seemed very nice. Looks way to young to have left this earth.

Me too, he sure seemed like a nice guy. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Dave
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 01:39 AM

Many of the usual suspects [including Herb] were kind enough to make the long trek down in the Fall of 2012 to a drizzly show at the Embarcadero in San Diego.

Fond memories.

Attached picture resize13.JPG
Posted By: jcc

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 02:53 AM

Well, I'm sorry I missed this post of his. RIP angel

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2039523
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 05:33 AM

I first met Herb when he came to my house to look at a '69 340/4sp Swinger that a co-worker was selling. Herb didn't buy it, but we had a great time. That was before he bought the '70 Swinger. Couldn't tell you the year, but Jeff Warkentin wound up buying it (speaking of guys who haven't been around here in a long time).

Here's a video I found last night of Herb running the GTX at Sacramento in 2004. Not sure why he was nearly a second off his dial, but the car looked great anyway...

https://youtu.be/adm4AyK_7FM
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 12:40 PM

RIP

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Carsten
Posted By: SeventyGTX

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By Jim_Lusk
I first met Herb when he came to my house to look at a '69 340/4sp Swinger that a co-worker was selling. Herb didn't buy it, but we had a great time. That was before he bought the '70 Swinger. Couldn't tell you the year, but Jeff Warkentin wound up buying it (speaking of guys who haven't been around here in a long time).

Here's a video I found last night of Herb running the GTX at Sacramento in 2004. Not sure why he was nearly a second off his dial, but the car looked great anyway...

I was as that event at Sac Raceway. I think it was the first or second year he had the GTX. He had a really nice green Dart before that and if memory serves, he said he traded it to his boss for the GTX.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/20/16 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By SeventyGTX
Originally Posted By Jim_Lusk

I was as that event at Sac Raceway. I think it was the first or second year he had the GTX. He had a really nice green Dart before that and if memory serves, he said he traded it to his boss for the GTX.

That is correct. Before he bought the Dart he came down here to look at the '69 that he didn't buy.

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/21/16 12:59 AM

Here are the details about the Funeral Services and Celebration of his life for Herb Faatz. Service on August 27, 2016 at Skylawn Memorial Park, 100 Lifemark Road, San Mateo, California #94062 phone# 1-650-437-1986 Closed casket visitation from 11am-12noon. Services from 12pm-2:30pm Reception to follow at adjoining hall on premises from 3pm-5pm.

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/21/16 04:57 PM

There will be a small get-together of his friends for a bbq at his shop Unit G on Sunday the 28th of August. If anyone who knew Herb well and are interested in attending let me know for a food head count and more info on the meeting time and place.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/21/16 05:27 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers and condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: 808CUDA

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/22/16 03:01 AM

I'm sorry to read of Herb's passing... Never met him but always loved his GTX and his posts.
RIP
Posted By: faud88

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/22/16 04:00 AM

It's always the good guys. I will never forget putting up a post on here looking for a ride from the Mirage in Vegas to Mopars at the Strip many years ago. Herb had no clue who I was. However he responded and took me to the track that day for my first ride in a Hemi car. You thought we had been friends for years. What a class act.
Posted By: Dixie

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/22/16 05:35 PM

RIP Herb.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/22/16 10:29 PM

My prayers go out to Herb, his family and his friends. Did not know him personally, just by some of his posts here. It's obvious he touched many with a warm heart and a friendly smile.

God Speed angel
Posted By: minivan

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/22/16 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By 68HemiB
Many of the usual suspects [including Herb] were kind enough to make the long trek down in the Fall of 2012 to a drizzly show at the Embarcadero in San Diego.

Fond memories.

Could anyone here put names to all the faces in this pic??

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/23/16 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By minivan
Originally Posted By 68HemiB

Fond memories.

Could anyone here put names to all the faces in this pic??

Sandy is in the orange shirt. Herb is third from the left.
Posted By: azmopar

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/23/16 04:06 PM

rip Herb, never got the chance to meet up with you but one of the coolest cars on Moparts angel
Posted By: calmopar

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/23/16 11:33 PM

I met Herb a couple of times. He was gracious and helpful. RIP.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/24/16 03:14 AM

angel
Is this the fella who had his car in his sig sitting in front of a storage unit?

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/24/16 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By Superfreak
angel
Is this the fella who had his car in his sig sitting in front of a storage unit?
Yup, towards the bottom of this thread;

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2098350
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/24/16 08:48 AM

Very sad to hear this. He had a killer GTX and remember having a scooter accident a few years ago. Didn't know he was going through all of this. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/24/16 12:33 PM

He was a pretty good guy. I bought a hood scoop from Herb that is on my 64 330 sedan. RIP Herb...
Posted By: Beep Beep

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/25/16 05:44 PM

RIP Herb!
Posted By: Wagonmaster

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/25/16 06:09 PM

Every time I get on MOPARTS is seems another good man is gone.

RIP, Herb. angel
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/25/16 09:28 PM

My condolences to his family. Too many people are being lost to this war on Cancer. I know and feel it all too well. I remember him from the board but never met him in person, judging by the posts people are leaving he was a well respected man and added his own groove to this hobby.

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/26/16 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By Pyper70
My condolences to his family. Too many people are being lost to this war on Cancer. I know and feel it all too well. I remember him from the board but never met him in person, judging by the posts people are leaving he was a well respected man and added his own groove to this hobby.

Yea Herb was really one of the good people who would help you just for asking. He would come over at night if need be and help work on an engine or give up a part if you needed it.

I am not ready to say goodbye to him but the funeral is this Saturday. So i am sure it will be a sad day for all.

Stu
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/26/16 04:16 PM

Sorry to hear. There should be a fallen hero's area with a picture of their ride and their screen names so everyone knows who they were.

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/27/16 04:39 PM

Did some reminiscing last night with a few Moparts members from Canada about the good times we had with Herb. He sure was loved and will be missed by many people!

Attached picture Canadians at home 2016.jpg
Attached picture Herbs gtx and him.jpg

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/27/16 05:34 PM

For those who can't see his sig picture in the link I posted;

Attached picture Herb's sig picture SCATPK.jpg
Posted By: cal_gecko

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/27/16 07:56 PM

Damn. I haven't been around here (Moparts) much in a while .. just found out about this today when I saw something on FB about it. Herb was a super nice guy, at least from all the interactions I ever had with him, that was my impression. Friendly, humble, helpful, and a great ambassador for the hobby. He gave me a ride in a legit '68 Hemi Dart once years ago in exchange for me taking photos of it for eBay... that was a bad ass ride, for sure. I only knew him very casually, and always had a great admiration and respect for him.. I am truly sorry for those who were close to him.

Description: Herb at Sacramento Raceway 2011
Attached picture 326630_10150380615549537_1904544227_o.jpg
Posted By: JeffsCustomPaint

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/27/16 08:23 PM

Hi all Haven't been here in years but seen a post on Stu's facebook (MidPenMopar) and had to come pay my respects.
Some of you may remember me by the Mopars I built in my South Florida shop
Green F6 A12 Six Pack Super Bee
and the 65 Dodge Coronet A/FX drag car that was featured in Mopar Collectors Guide and Mopar Muscle magazines.

Anyway I just wanted to pass on my respects and condolences to all who knew Herb and to those who personally were close to him.
RIP SCATPK aka Herb

This is my shop page for my new shop in Waterford Works,New Jersey if any of you want to check it out and keep in touch

https://m.facebook.com/Rods-N-Restorations-227678330667315/?ref=bookmarks

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/27/16 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By MidPenMopar
Did some reminiscing last night with a few Moparts members from Canada about the good times we had with Herb. He sure was loved and will be missed by many people!

My heart is with you guys today. Think about the great life he led and the wonderful friendship he had with you guys and all that he touched throughout his life.
Posted By: JCFcuda

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/27/16 09:35 PM

My condolences to his family and friends rest in peace
Posted By: dynotune440

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/27/16 09:59 PM

RIP...
He's grabbing gears with the big guy.... drive angel

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/28/16 01:37 AM

The funeral was done perfectly and we all got to express our feelings and love for him. Some light humor helped ease the pain but the sadness was thick in the hall.

As herb would say, "It is what it is"

Thank you Mark Brooks for that great shot of Herb! up

Stu
Posted By: Tesla_HV

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/28/16 04:59 AM

Very sad news. It was a huge thrill when he took me for a ride in the GTX. RIP.....
Posted By: SANDYinNS Canada

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/30/16 05:51 AM

I'm on my way back home after the service and getogether at Herb's old warehouse. I had a rough day yesterday dealing with this loss ... Today was a bit better. My son James is going to stay around and help out his family for the rest of this week . I'm afraid my California trip will never be the same , but life goes on . God dam it I miss Herb ...

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/30/16 03:34 PM

You hang in there Sandy
Posted By: Morty426

Re: RIP SCATPK - 08/30/16 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By cal_gecko
Damn. I haven't been around here (Moparts) much in a while .. just found out about this today when I saw something on FB about it. Herb was a super nice guy, at least from all the interactions I ever had with him, that was my impression. Friendly, humble, helpful, and a great ambassador for the hobby. He gave me a ride in a legit '68 Hemi Dart once years ago in exchange for me taking photos of it for eBay... that was a bad ass ride, for sure. I only knew him very casually, and always had a great admiration and respect for him.. I am truly sorry for those who were close to him.

Great shot Mark!
Posted By: YYZ

Re: RIP SCATPK - 09/02/16 02:26 PM

Wow! I'm shocked and saddened to hear of Herb's passing. Memories of him and a ride in his badass GTX with the (then fresh) FBO Hemi pulling like a freight train will live on. Condolences to his family and friends.
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: RIP SCATPK - 09/02/16 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By MidPenMopar
The funeral was done perfectly and we all got to express our feelings and love for him. Some light humor helped ease the pain but the sadness was thick in the hall.

As herb would say, "It is what it is"

Thank you Mark Brooks for that great shot of Herb! up

Stu

Remembering the good times and humorous moments is a wonderful way of honoring his memory. Thank you for sharing with us. Rest in peace Herb. angel
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: RIP SCATPK - 09/03/16 09:10 PM

God Bless RIP angel
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: RIP SCATPK - 09/04/16 05:07 PM

Wow, I met a Herb at the Spring Fling a few years ago. He seemed like the kind of guy that took care of himself, it's a shame he got this horrible disease. he will be missed
Posted By: rallygirl

Re: RIP SCATPK - 09/06/16 12:24 AM

Very sad news. My condolences xo
© 2024 Moparts Forums