Moparts

Stewart Pomeroy

Posted By: mr_340

Stewart Pomeroy - 02/22/15 07:22 PM

I got a call from Stewart's friend Robert last night. I guess Stewart is not doing well. He had this COPD thing going on for the last couple of years. He's still smoking and wears an oxygen supply and smokes in bed. A real recipe for disaster. Robert tells me that Stewart's mind is going and he can't remember how to turn on the computer anymore. He doesn't want contact from friends either and basically told Robert he didn't want his help or need it. It's really sad to see a great guy like Stewart slipping away like that.

Stewart introduced me to Hemi Fred and the Missile gang and also to Robert, so he has been a great friend to me. He's given me all kinds of posters and CDs of various Hemi cars including some of the Mopar Missile construction photos he got from Oldfield. My prayers go out to Stewart for a recovery.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/22/15 07:29 PM

Stewart is a great guy, a true Mopar hobbyist in the purist sense of the word. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/22/15 07:32 PM

I was wondering where he was...I'm so sorry, Stewart.
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/22/15 07:37 PM

This is terrible news, Stewart has been very generous to me and a lot of people on this site with his posters and knowledge, I am truly sorry to hear he is slipping away like this.

Joey
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/22/15 08:49 PM

I called SP about a week or so ago .... no one answered - left a message - never heard back .... so there MUST have been something up.....

Best wishes SP ...
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/22/15 09:09 PM

I heard Stewart wasn't doing well on another forum. I pray that he can get better. His first-hand experience, knowledge, photos and info about Don Carlton and the Motown/Mopar Missile cars is absolutely incredible. Hoping he'll see how much he's missed here and at the races.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/22/15 09:17 PM

Sorry to hear this news.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 12:08 AM

Get well Stewart!Thank you for the posters,pics also,showing me around on my visit to Fl years ago.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 12:19 AM

Get well Stew! Your knowledge is incredible!
Posted By: hemid68

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 12:42 AM

I'm sorry to hear Stewart is ailing. I got some great pictures of my car from Stewart, and they were definitely appreciated.
Dan Morgan
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 06:11 AM

Stewarts posters hang in frames. CDs of pictures get looked at often. I have had many conversations with him. Very sad news
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 07:05 AM

a GREAT GUY and VERY CLOSE FRIEND

Attached picture 8438185-STEWARTPOMROY.jpg
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 01:34 PM

Sorry to hear this news about Stewart. I've BS'd with Stewart and Robert a few times at local car shows, and I've been to Robert's shop several times. As you guys know, Stewart is a real nice guy, and a wealth of knowledge. I wish him God's speed.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 01:39 PM

very sad, nice guy. we hope you the best.
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 05:20 PM

Prayers for a quick recovery sent for Stu
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/23/15 11:01 PM

I have been trying to contact Stewart for months. Now I understand why I have not been able to contact him. Talked to the Ramcharger guys at MATS last April. They all told me Stewart was not in good health.
Get better, Stewart. I always loved talking to you and your posters and knowledge are awesome.
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/24/15 03:55 AM

Get well Stewart!! I met you at the Hemi reunion and always enjoyed reading your posts and pictures posted on here .…

You're a class act and a true asset here on moparts...

Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/24/15 04:06 AM

Stewart is a top of the line gentleman in every sense of the word.
I have spent many days with him, on several occasions.
It saddens me to see the way he treats himself.
Stewart is irreplaceable, but he is also that much more stubborn.
Get well soon my friend, start taking care of yourself again.
Posted By: B Dartman

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/24/15 04:19 AM

Sad news indeed. Stewart...you are in our thoughts and prayers here in Kansas.

Struck up conversation on here years ago with Stewart in a post where I'd mentioned "The Wire Car" and it took off from there to some great Missle threads and Hemi Colt threads.

Stewart has a really big heart and like many others have posted here, my garage too is peppered with authographed posters and pictures that Stewart graciously provided without ever asking for anything in return.

Get well soon Stewart a.k.a. "Seymour Guntz"

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/25/15 12:57 AM

Stu has the talent of making anybody feel like a superstar. I met him at the PRI Show several years back, and asked if we were going to the "BBQ" with him and some friends. Little did I know who was going...What a guy. I admire him greatly. Great luck, Stu, I know you will be reading this thread.

Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/25/15 01:00 AM

Very sad to hear this...Prayers for a quick recovery

Rick Blake

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/25/15 02:27 AM

Quote:

Stu has the talent of making anybody feel like a superstar. I met him at the PRI Show several years back, and asked if we were going to the "BBQ" with him and some friends. Little did I know who was going...What a guy. I admire him greatly. Great luck, Stu, I know you will be reading this thread.

I'd forgotten about Stewart's penchant for BBQ. I live in Texas where there is a BBQ place every couple of miles. When I get to Florida I want seafood, but Stewart gave me a break the last time I saw him with Joe Pappas and Joe's wife and we ate at a regular restaurant in Tampa. He told me the BBQ was a tradition with the Missile gang in Gainesville as the BBQ joint was the only thing around the track back then. Thanks for everything Stewart, even the BBQ, LOL!
Posted By: BradH

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/25/15 04:21 AM

Quote:

... COPD thing going on for the last couple of years. He's still smoking and wears an oxygen supply and smokes in bed. A real recipe for disaster. Robert tells me that Stewart's mind is going and he can't remember how to turn on the computer anymore.

Some of my older family members have had to deal with similar health issues, and -- unfortunately -- it's just a downhill slide from what you've described.

Too bad, since he sounds like a really nice & knowledgeable person to lose this way. I hope things work out OK for him in the long run.

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 02/25/15 07:12 AM

Sounds like he is just giving up, I wish he wouldn't but it happens all too frequently, my Aunt was one.

Joey
Posted By: Mopar Missile JP

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/08/15 12:02 AM

I have known Stewart since about 1973. Dick Oldfield and I have spent a lot of time with Stewart in Tampa over the years and we keep in touch with him. Lately, since Stewart has a very difficult time communicating with anyone other that his primary caregivers, I have been speaking with his girlfriend Gwen on a regular basis. Yes, Stewart is very ill with COPD. As you probably know, there is no cure. Stewart is very strong willed and he prefers to live out his life in a manner that he has chosen. Lately, Stewart has pretty much abandoned speaking with people outside an extremely small circle of caregivers and friends. We all need to respect his wishes. All I can ask of the MOPARTS community is to keep Stewart in your thoughts and prayers. He has given a lot of himself to the MOPARTS community and that says a lot about his character. I will post in the future about what is happening but I want to be candid, the long term outlook is not good for him
Posted By: Michael

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/08/15 12:31 AM

I met him at the Hemi Reunion and he gave me a poster of a Hemi Dart. A true gentleman----I wish him the best.

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/08/15 12:50 AM

Thanks for the update Joe. I haven't seen Stewart since we went out for lunch right before the PRI show in 2012. Stewart gave me a pass so I could attend the show. Tell him the guys on Moparts are thinking of him and praying for him. If it gets to the point of needing terminal care, my mother got excellent treatment at Suncoast Hospice in Pinellas Park across the bay.

http://www.thehospice.org/Home

Jim Miller

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/08/15 08:32 PM

Do any of you think that Stewart would to talk to someone that had COPD, was a heavy smoker and is now doing OK and living a oxygen-tank-free life ... that would help him ?
Posted By: Mopar Missile JP

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 01:00 AM

I am very sad to announce that Stewart Pomeroy passed away at 6:33 PM this evening. I will make updates to this forum as the information becomes available. Please keep my dear friend in your thoughts and prayers. Stewart will be missed by all who were touched by his time on earth. He was a lifelong Mopar supporter and racer. God speed my friend.
Joe Pappas
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 01:02 AM

RIP Stew
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 01:16 AM

RIP Stewart. Thank you for your generosity to the Mopar community with your knowledge and friendship to all. I learned a lot and am honored to have met you.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 01:22 AM

Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 01:52 AM

Wow.....so sorry to hear this news. I was afraid to open this thread again, fearing that I would find this terrible news. Thoughts and prayers go out to Stew's family and close friends. The Mopar family lost one of the great men.
RIP, Stewart Pomeroy. It was an honor to have known you.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 02:03 AM

RIP.

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 02:47 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. I think it might be for the best for Stewart. He didn't seem to be getting better and didn't have a quality of life. Give my condolences to his girlfriend Gwen and his friends and family. So long old friend, say hey to Ronnie and Donnie for us.

Posted By: cknight

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 02:49 AM

R.I.P. Stewart..

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 02:56 AM

A good guy ferr sure ....
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 03:29 AM

RIP Stewart

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 04:49 AM

Godspeed Stewart! Damn, I don't like hearing this, he was Very good to me over the years, one of the best!!!

Joey
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 05:17 AM

Sorry to read this

Rest in peace

Posted By: a493demon

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 05:34 AM

Race In Peace
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 06:20 AM

You will be missed
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 10:56 AM

Rest in Peace Mr. Pomeroy. Condolences and prayers for his friends and family.

Randy
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 12:12 PM

May he be bench racing once again with all the great ones that have passed before him.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 01:36 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and close friends.
RIP, Stewart.

Tim
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 02:08 PM

The Mopar world has lost another great one. RIP Stewart.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 03:16 PM

Oh no, I met him at an event a few years ago, I gave him a hug and he gave me a poster of the Mopar Missile Duster, it is hanging in the garage.

RIP Stewart P...I will miss you.
Posted By: sixpackjeff

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 03:26 PM

I don't even know what to say...
Posted By: LIL'BROTHER

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 04:13 PM

VERY SAD NEWS R.I.P.STEWART FROM THE SOX FAMILY.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 04:54 PM

Sorry to hear this...Stewart was a real nice guy,and went out of his way for a lot of people. I had some decals that he needed to scan for a project.Told him he could keep them,but no he sent them back and sent a great CD as well.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 05:19 PM

Really sad news RIP Stewart. You will be missed by many.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 05:29 PM

Wow, a lot of knowledge left us.

RIP Stewart!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 08:24 PM

Very Sad news , RIP Stewart
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 08:26 PM

Rest In Peace Stewart
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 09:22 PM

Posted By: ddartdude

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 09:39 PM

Rest In Peace my Little Buddy!!!!!!!!!!! We will miss you.

Attached picture 8457803-Jacket.jpg
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/12/15 11:53 PM

I'm going to miss the threads about all the famous race cars he was involved with and where they are now. The one he never said much about was his '67 WO23, I always wondered where that one ended up.
RIP Stewart "P9x25"
Posted By: B Dartman

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/13/15 12:25 AM

The Baddest Beast Around : A cool story Stewart Pomeroy wrote.

Quote:

I'm going to miss the threads about all the famous race cars he was involved with and where they are now. The one he never said much about was his '67 WO23, I always wondered where that one ended up.
RIP Stewart "P9x25"

Ditto; particularly the Wire Car and Colt's.

A sad day indeed. Thoughts and prayers are with you Stewart. RIP.
Posted By: TurboMike

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/13/15 12:39 AM

RIP Stewart
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/13/15 08:17 AM

Godspeed Stewart.
Posted By: jyrki

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/13/15 08:29 AM

Years ago I read an article about Hemi Colts in some other magazine (maybe mopar muscle?) written by Stewart. He was asking about one car that had disappeared and I believe it's the same car in the above article. A little later I bought some Corvette parts from ebay and while discussing the freight things conversation turned toracecars and old mpars. The seller said he used to race mopars, a colt with a 440, but had totalled it in an accident. Turned out it was the very same car Stewart had been serching, got some pics and sent them to Stewart with the contact info. A small world!
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/14/15 04:03 AM

I always like reading his post. May God Bless His Soul
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/14/15 04:19 AM

Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/14/15 05:15 AM

I am at a loss for words. Stewart was a most generous man and I will miss our email conversations. May you enjoy your next journey with the knowledge that you are loved by many in your last journey through life.
Posted By: LeoL

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/15/15 06:43 AM

Stewart was a dear friend for over 20 years. I got to spend a lot of time with him, particularly over the past few months, and, while I wish that the circumstances had been different, I will always treasure my memories of him.

I have been tasked with the responsibility of handling his final affairs and am trying my best to abide by his wishes.

Stewart's memorial is scheduled for Saturday, March 21, from 2:00-4:00 P.M. EST at the Boza & Roel Funeral Home.
Their information is:

Boza & Roel Funeral Home
Address: 4730 N Armenia Ave,
Tampa, FL 33603
Phone:(813) 609-5119

In accordance with Stewart's wishes, it will be a simple affair with pictures of Stewart, his cars and life. I hope that some of you have a chance to stop by and share some of your memories.

The next few weeks will be busy times, but I will do my best to stop in periodically and try to answer any questions that you may have.

Thanks for all of the kind words, I am sure that he would be touched by all of your kind gestures.

Leo
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/15/15 03:01 PM

Heartfelt condolences to his many friends and to his family.
I have admired his work for a good while now and the loss to our community is huge.
Vaya Con Dios , Stewart.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/15/15 04:24 PM

Quote:

Years ago I read an article about Hemi Colts in some other magazine (maybe mopar muscle?) written by Stewart. He was asking about one car that had disappeared and I believe it's the same car in the above article. A little later I bought some Corvette parts from ebay and while discussing the freight things conversation turned toracecars and old mpars. The seller said he used to race mopars, a colt with a 440, but had totalled it in an accident. Turned out it was the very same car Stewart had been serching, got some pics and sent them to Stewart with the contact info. A small world!

Could the Colt seen at 1:20 in the old video you posted recently be the same one Stewart had?
Posted By: Eric

Re: Stewart Pomeroy - 03/15/15 04:25 PM

So sorry to hear this news. RIP Stewart
© 2024 Moparts Forums