Moparts

Moparts memorial web page for Gary

Posted By: MOPAULY

Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 06:17 PM

All

Tom has put a memorial web page for Gary, linked off of the main Moparts (www.moparts.com) url:

Gary's memorial

I'd like to create an additional page or pages, based on how Gary was as a person and how his friends saw him. Please post or email me any info, I will compile it into a web page that Tom can add to the existing one.
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 07:57 PM

Someone ought to archive his personal webpage because geocities will drop it for inactivity if it isn't updated occasionally. I'd be happy to do it if folks agree with the idea...
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 08:02 PM

I was just thinking that, a very good idea

That one of the first places I went to after reading the first thread but it was down
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 08:22 PM

I am going to try and nab www.unlawfl.com so it can be used as a memorial for Gary and turned over to his family. The registration expires in July, so hopefully [censored] doesn't decide to renew it on me.

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 08:35 PM

Quote:

I am going to try and nab www.unlawfl.com so it can be used as a memorial for Gary and turned over to his family. The registration expires in July, so hopefully [censored] doesn't decide to renew it on me.

I wouldn't even bother with such a thing.

Gary thought it was pretty lame and FUNNY that someone would register his user name under an internet domain the same as they registered my user name as well. www.dartgirl.com.

He had even made a post about it...

We shared a common bond and both of us thought that bothering with trying to get our names sakes back etc. was not worth the trouble or bother.

We knew what was up and we went on with our lives and I still think we should carry on and worry about what type of people we are on a daily basis. Tell everyone you care about them.. touch someone's life in a positive way.

Life is too short (we are now too very well aware of this fact) to bother with trivial things.

I think www.GaryDavis.com would be nice..... a lot of his cop friends didn't know him as unlawfl but everyone knew Gary Davis.

How's about registering that domain name instead?

Just a suggestion.

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 09:06 PM

www.garydavis.com was not available. I just purchased www.unlawfl.org and will set it up Sunday / Monday. If you guys have any suggestions let me know. My email is alan@itguyz.net

Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 09:09 PM

Save all the other posts going on as well, and link them to the main unlawful page to be read anytime ....

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 09:27 PM

Alan, can you copy and post his site to the .org? I can save it as well, or Blacksheep has initally offered to.

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 09:31 PM

Will do... My computer with web editing software is down at the moment, I will have something set up by this weekend to handle it.
Posted By: JohnnyBee

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 09:43 PM

If any help is needed, please let me know. I have a server also and can host if needed.

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 09:59 PM

Cool thanks, if I run in to any issues with disk space (I have 390Mb available) for this I will let you know. This is not my tribute to Gary, I want it to be all of ours. Feel free to submit stuff to me and I will get it on there some how.

-Alan
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/14/04 11:46 PM

i think the guy that owns this site might have some free space

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/15/04 12:03 AM

I built a quick page to get started... Have a look.. I hope you guys don't mind the use of your tributes / pics etc. We will get more and more on there. Let's fill that disk space up!

http://www.unlawfl.org

or

http://unlawfl.hoster912.com
if your DNS server hasn't got the unlawfl.org domain listed yet...
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/15/04 12:18 AM

Very nice, Alan.

Tim
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/15/04 12:30 AM

i didn't know where to put this ....

http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/cop14_20040514.htm
Posted By: aarlucas

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/15/04 01:56 AM

Great site so far. You guys are amazing. I'm sure Gary is very proud of what you have done for him!
Posted By: BigTerry

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/15/04 03:38 AM

it tough trying to put in words how one feels I never had the pleasure to meet Gary or any of members of this board for that I truly am sorry! It hard to find friends who has the same interests as you these days I wish I had the funds to put togther a sweet ride like Gary challenger or anyone elses cars, but one day it will happen for me. Gary reminds me of my best friend Kenneth Secoy he a police Officer too and a mopar nut like the rest of us.He help me when I thought I couldn't get it done in time a many of days that just how he is alway there to lend a hand. For all that help me when I had a problem in the past I couldn't solve "Thank for the help".just in case I haven't said it.
Posted By: BigTerry

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/15/04 04:10 AM

the worst part thursday was my birthday
my prayers for his family and love one.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/15/04 04:51 AM

When I saw the memorial tribute on moparts home page that read in memory of Gary I got sick to my stomach!!!! What a shock!!!! My heart goes out to his family and friends. I didn't know Gary other than his posts but I do know from what I have read about him he must have been a hell-uva guy. I'm only 31 and to think that he was only 36 just makes me saaaaaaddd. Again my heart goes out to his loved ones, may they find peace and closure in the days to come.
Brian
Posted By: Sinister68

Banner? - 05/15/04 01:21 PM

I'd like to place a small banner link on my website to link to Gary's memorial site. Is there a banner available?

Edit: Disregard, Found one:
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: Banner? - 05/16/04 04:10 AM

Will something like this work?

Attached picture 896093-tribute.jpg

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/16/04 04:12 PM

I wish there was a little sticker like the thing that black sheep made up there that a guy could stick somewhere on his car. Like a decal or a peel off window sticker sort of thing. That would be tight. It'd be a something between us moparts members kind of thing. A member would recognize it on your car while your parked at a show or something and mention it and then you'd talk about him and his memory would never go away. Not like it would anyway but you get what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry, check that. Reading down the page a bit further it seems that somebody's allready on that idea.
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/16/04 05:10 PM

A sticker of the banner that Black Sheep made would be a great idea. I'm in for a few for sure.

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/16/04 07:34 PM

His web page is back up again Unlawfl

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/16/04 10:36 PM

I hope noone minds that i used BlackSheep's banner in my sig....the Mopar community has lost a great man...and we have all lost a well loved family member

here to you UN.....

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/17/04 11:15 AM

I've gotten word from the Iron's through Frank (fjr340gts) that the family isn't quite ready to deal with the website issue yet, and they'd like to let Gary's site stand the way it is for the moment. As I understand it the current site will be kept active until they are ready to deal with it. Thank you though guys for thinking about it and doing what you have so far.

Re: Moparts memorial web page for Gary - 05/18/04 01:53 PM

I will always remember Gary as MAN among men. We first met at the Mopar Nats (2000 I think) when we had posted here at the site about a get together there. It was decided to meet at Carls pit spot. Thru out the day we met several from the board and had a great time we decided to have a cook out in Sept at Norwalk for those that were coming to the Chrysler Classic. We decided to use Gary's pit as the meeting place( I got volunteered by Gary to cook as long as I didnt burn the hotdogs ). Members stopped by and we had a nice cookout Gary had brought the grill and we all brought a dish the company was as great as the food we all shared. Gary opened his spot like he opened his heart we had such a great time and I can remember it like yesterday I cant remember alot of the members that stoppped by I remember a couple. The following year we did it again and another great get together at Gary's pit I remember Steff and Prostock for sure. That was the last time I got to see Gary in person but he will forever be with me. He was a great friend a true helper and it was nothing for him to go that extra for anyone. It has been very hard to come back to the site to read all these posts on such a grat guy but I see he has touched the hearts of so many as he did mine. I pray for his family and for all his friends because it is just such a tragic event that we all are going to need time to heal. Gary peace my friend you are gone from us but YOU will NEVER be forgotten my friend. Joanne
© 2024 Moparts Forums