Moparts

2013 - SS/AH Super Stock

Posted By: Defbob

2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 12/20/12 02:17 AM

The 2012 and previous years' threads are in the "Best of" forum.

Here's to 2013......... The year Bucky comes back out?.........
Posted By: StewartP

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 12/20/12 05:44 PM

Onward and Upward
Posted By: King Cuda

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 12/23/12 07:06 AM

Hope so. Still testing.
Posted By: Dyno1

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 12/25/12 04:15 AM

Merry Christmas everyone. See you this spring. Dyno
Posted By: pfm

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 01/01/13 02:37 AM

Whats Charlie working on for '13?

And what was the final verdict on the head milling into Vc bolt deal with the Barton engines?
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 01/01/13 06:00 PM

Anyone know if Speedzone will be doing the Hemi Super Stock calendars this year? No mention of them on their site. Dean?
Posted By: ss/ah3480

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 01/03/13 09:55 PM

ITS A SECRET

Aluminum Heads - 01/06/13 09:22 PM

NHRA has posted that the Mopar hemi aluminum head is now legal for all cast iron headed 426's. Dyno
Posted By: island hemi

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/06/13 11:00 PM

You have to add 60lbs to your car to run them. lets not even talk about how much money to do a set.

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/07/13 03:16 PM

who was pushin this???? whats a 2531110M2 alum ???
Posted By: moderncylinder

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/07/13 08:15 PM

bob mazzolini was pushing it

110m2 head is a current mopar performance aluminum hemi head
Posted By: Spyphish

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/07/13 08:29 PM

Look at slide #30 on Reher Morrison virtual shop tour. Robot on mine while we have a "spot of tea."

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/07/13 09:27 PM

WHO MAKES IT?
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/07/13 10:50 PM

Edelbrock
Posted By: Troy

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 05:28 AM

Quote:

NHRA has posted that the Mopar hemi aluminum head is now legal for all cast iron headed 426's. Dyno

About time!!

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 05:28 AM

Jake is correct, I called and Edelbrock cast them, I do not know who machines them. Not many sets in the system though. Dyno

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 05:53 AM

Edelbrock casts them and machines them, this head has been around for 2-3 years,,,, I've probably ported 20 sets of them for bracket guys,, what's the big deal? They carry a 60lb penalty in ah,, 80-100 in other classes,,, only benefit is if you break a valve you can fix the head easily,, but you have to make 20 more hp to make up the weight....

Dan ill try to call you tomorrow,, crazy busy,,
Posted By: 148 cuda

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 02:36 PM

What the big deal is, these engines need heat in the chamber, to make power. Given the static compression ratio your allowed to run by NHRA rules in SS/AH, and the fact that the in-take port is lower then the cast iron head, these heads at best prepared by a well known cylinder head shop, back to back dyno testing vs. the iron head, these were down on power 40. Not enough heat in chamber.

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 05:33 PM

no big deal...will be preferred before its over with, even if its not now...was this the concession to the intake face bs?

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 07:06 PM

well,, larry just answered the question to what we all or most already know with a hemi,,, so as far as this aluminum head thing goes,,, like i said,, whats the big deal?

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 07:34 PM

like i said no big deal... just asking questions and stating what i think...

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 08:03 PM

i dont know why they would ever do it for a 68 car since reproduction iron heads are available,,,,

im not trying to be spiteful or anything jay,,, just dont know why people would get wound up about it,,, everybody says they will make less hp,, and they have to carry more weight
Posted By: jyrki

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 08:51 PM

Is there any gain in affecting the weight distribution? 40 lbs off front, 100 lbs more in the rear? I guess we'll see.

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 08:53 PM

Where is this stated in Nhra about aluminum heads?

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 08:55 PM

i know the theory...but i think they will be the preferred head in the end...we'll se i guess...and as to why they would do it,cause somebody asked...as far as im concerned they should go ahead and go
all the way and allow tit valves and(can you of anything that prostock has that superstock isnt allowed?) drysump?
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 09:31 PM

Quote:

Where is this stated in Nhra about aluminum heads?

All I see is in the 1968 classification guides shows a 10 HP increase for the Street Hemi in SS, 5 HP in Stock. What I see, the Race Hemi has the same HP of 505, Dart or Cuda, auto or stick. I don't see why the "replacement head" should be a HP gain? I don't see where they define what the "replacement head" is?

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 10:03 PM

It is highlighted (yellow) in the Engine Specification guide.
Posted By: welkerm

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 10:30 PM

It was highlighted in yellow in the guide on 1/4/2013, as of today, 1/8/2013, it is not in the guide. I have a copy of the guide from 1/4/2013 when I downloaded the excel file that shows it. When I checked it today, it isn't there.

It was there and now, poof, its gone.

It was in the NHRA Engine Blueprint Specifications on 1/4 and is still there today, 1/8, as a cylinder head casting.

E = 2780559,2780559-M, 559-M1, 2531110M2 alum

Anyone know what a 559-M1 head is? That was added since 1/4, which previously only listed the 2531110M2 alum. Is there another source for steel head castings?
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 11:02 PM

Quote:

Anyone know what a 559-M1 head is? That was added since 1/4, which previously only listed the 2531110M2 alum. Is there another source for steel head castings?

Matt, the M1 is the "race" casting made by mopar. A little higher cast intake runner, a little less material on the intake face. I'm sure theres more differences that Jeff could elaborate on, BUT- I tried finding a set of castings two years ago, and still haven't found a set...

And as of right now, Mopar is the only source for Iron Heads.

The aluminum head deal with the street hemi is to add 80 lbs. I'm glad I have new iron castings on the shelf.

I just hope as Jay has pointed out, that this is not NHRA's answer to the intake face bs
Posted By: welkerm

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/08/13 11:40 PM

That 599M1 is in yellow as it was just added in 2013, so it is only now a legal casting to run. It wasn't in there prior to the most recent update. So mopar makes two reproduction steel hemi heads? I didn't know that. Wondering why the new part number was there with the AL addition.

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 12:36 AM

cant speak to exact,, but "most" of all the "new" ray stuff is with an m1 casting,, and "most" of charlies stuff is with an m1 casting,, more metal around intake port,,, better exh port, deeper long side,, m1 head is a few lbs heavier than an m head

i asked about running an m1 head about 2 years ago and was told to grind the 1 off at the end of the part number

i just looked,, they took the weight off the aluminum head,, this is soooooooooo stupid

jeff

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 03:33 AM

a side note,,, if you say a "replacement head" has to carry a 10hp hit,,, what that is implying is that any head other than a factory 559 head will be hit,, maybe thats why they took it off,,, because really,, they would be adding 60lbs to every car in the class

559m,,,, 559m1,,, and now 110m2 heads are all replacements for the original 559

jeff

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 01:09 PM

whats the big deal???...like i said it will be the preferred head in the end...im sure the ball cupper that pushed this is waiting with his
scraper in hand, waiting to hand scrape the sand cores at the foundry and remove the port and water jacket cores before the alum is poured...noone pushed this without a percieved advantage...whether it
prove out for them we'll have to wait and see....

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 04:45 PM

Any AH cars coming to Gainesville in a few weeks and with what for heads? Chuck

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 05:07 PM

the guy who pushed it is like 70 years old and cant take his own head off his motor in the car or even on a stand.... chill out everyone

chuck,, no clue,, who,, what is going to gainsville,, nobody knows what the rule is on the v-cover bolt yet

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 06:10 PM

I talked to Bruce Monday and he said he would make a decision this week on the heads. I am mad at myself Jeff for not keeping on this to get it resolved. I am planing on going to Gainesville and if they rule against the heads i am screwed . Chuck

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 06:25 PM

dont mind me im just stirrin sh_t....i do think its funny that they changed the rule becaue one guy cant cant lift iron heads tho...

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 06:33 PM

Maybe all us Hemi guys could chip in and buy him a set of plastic heads they r light.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 07:00 PM

Chuck, There is a nice car for sale at a low, low price that comes equipped with the "legal" CW heads. A real Super Cuda if you know what I mean. LOL

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 07:22 PM

Your right Frito somebody should jump on it! What about You ?

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 09:15 PM

I've lost 30 pounds since Indy and I'm still to fat to fit in the cage. Both Roth and Holt say they don't have time for me.
Posted By: warfish

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/09/13 11:34 PM

Jeff called and told me a few mins ago that he talked to bruce, and that the aluminum head being accepted was a mistake.
This is BEYOND frustrating, and stupid.
If its a mistake, who put it on the website in the class guide? Can the floor sweeper at NHRA make changes in the rulebook? Who is driving this ship? Into the ground I might add.
In the meantime, I have Chucks engine here, and 3 sets of new heads on the floor, there is a race coming up in a few weeks, and I cant get a straight answer out of anyone.
This is unreal.
cw

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/10/13 02:11 PM

THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/10/13 04:39 PM

Why the fuss over aluminum heads if no one is planning on running them or thinks they are an advantage? I see they removed them from the 1968 Race Hemi, but are still on the 1964 Race Hemi and the Street Hemi's. They've been on the 1964 RH engine blueprint list for several years. The old Ross Foundry dual plug head is on the 1964 blueprint list, but need to plug one sparkplug hole.

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/10/13 09:53 PM

I might have tried them, but no worry now. Dan

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/17/13 08:46 PM

any word on the intake face thing?

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/17/13 09:41 PM

I heard it was decided, but I do not know what it is. Real helpful arn't I? Dyno
Posted By: warfish

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/17/13 09:50 PM

Bruce told me yesterday @ 3.00 that it was finally handled. An amendment will be added that says 559 559M and 559M-1 heads will be allowed to break through at the intake flange surface, but the hole at the top (V/C gasket surface) must remain intact, and in stock location. They are having a fixture made to verify the holes are in stock location. When I asked him what about the heads that are out there that have been milled into the bolt hole, he said they need to get new ones. I asked if I was allowed to tell anyone, he said please do, so they quit calling me. I hope that they post it on their website soon so everyone knows what is "official"

cw

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/18/13 04:01 AM

Mine are not cut at all!!! No wonder we are slow!!! Maybe R&M can get one of those shaver thing-a-ma-jig's and we can compete. Stephen

Re: Aluminum Heads - 01/18/13 04:12 PM

hope the wording is clearer than it was b4....wonder who's givin them a head to pattern off of?...bet its clear as mud when they get done..

Gators or Belle Rose - 02/05/13 04:52 AM

Any Hemi cars going to the Gators or Belle Rose? Who has found an additional 20 HP over the winter? Dyno

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/05/13 09:09 PM

who even worked on their stuff to try anything???

nhra says 100%,, absolutely,, the head rule will be done by this friday,, february 8th

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/06/13 03:10 AM

TOO LATE!!! I had a $15k Chootout race set up in December. Below is the email traffic.

My sponsors have cancelled their cash pledge for the race. No one getting press and no time to get in National Dragster etc. No ruling on Hemi heads from NHRA has hurt the cause. Just be a trophy race I guess. We had 22 cars last year and really wanted it to be bigger and better. Thanks for your efforts as I know many others are involved. Stephen

To: Stephen Hebert <stephenontheriver@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 8:33 AM
Subject: RE: Belle Rose Hemi Chootout

Stephen,

It will be one more week before we ( NHRA TECH ) make our final decision on the 559M-1 HEMI cylinder head issue.

NHRA

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:48 PM
To: NHRA
Subject: Belle Rose Hemi Chootout

I have began collecting sponsors for another D4 Hemi Jegs race in Belle Rose and would like to do a press release. What is the status of the VC head deal as I am not getting RSVP from several racers while waiting on NHRA rules. Too old for all this drama but know last years race was great for fans, racers and NHRA. Not that good for me as I put up most of the money. Ha! Please advise. Thanks Stephen

Do not know if you were there last year but we all parked together, had a big feed and party at Steve Kent's mancave, and put on some great racing!!!!! Lots of fun.....

Oh yeah, my external bolts are gone.

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/06/13 02:20 PM

What about u Dyno, u coming south?

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/06/13 08:34 PM

Dyno'ed the engine last week, and put it in the car last night. If I do not get snowed in, I am planning the southern swing to the Cecil LODRS, Gators and then Belle Rose. It was fun last year and an incentive to get the car back together. I am still looking for a used set of Charlie heads, anyone have a set? See everyone this spring! Dyno

Attached picture 7577811-ZrustRound1.jpg
Posted By: gmoore

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/08/13 02:55 AM

stephen, you could set the race with the local rule( any head good in 2012 is good at the cajuns). that might do it. would like to race with you. crank in block today, hope to make noise next week. hang in there. gary

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/08/13 05:16 AM

Gary, novel idea BUT in 2012 I was the only illegal head so I couldn't race at my own race???? Ittsey' bittsey' tinney' wieeny' 1/4 X 20 bolts = DQ at Indy. Hatfield's/McCoy's had exposed arbors, VC adaptors and on and on. No problemO!!!

BUT breaking news at Jegs Belle Rose; $10 MM purse, that's right $10,000,000. The sponsor requires the car to be a 68 Barracuda, Viper blue, no decals on paint except "John Holt" on lower front fender and a Reher Morrison Hemi. Must qualify to be paid.

You heard (read it) on the internet so it must be true.

Come on anyway. Race ya' for a trophy.....

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/08/13 05:36 PM

arbors?

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/10/13 07:00 PM

1/4 by 20 bolts?????? i ran a hemi dart in 73-74.there is no comparison in what we have now. kinda like a ford falcon to a pro stocker. the cow done left the barn. great cars still!! seems we all have to have bore and stroke, head cc's port and chamber, etc. carb spec's. are we and nhra majoring on the minors? has to be a fair solution. thanks to everyone who try's to run one of these things.

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/12/13 02:40 AM

Dale Aldo mentioned on the Sam Axuier radio show just now that there WOULD be a Hemi Challenge at Indy this year.
Posted By: j oliverio

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/12/13 07:26 PM

any other Hemi races as of today

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/12/13 09:45 PM

Belle Rose in March and MATS in Vegas the same weekend.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Gators or Belle Rose - 02/12/13 10:30 PM

So did NHRA write the new rules in stone and are they clear to everyone ?
Posted By: 74yellowduster

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 02/19/13 12:50 AM

68 cuda notch just posted for sale in milwaukie (not mine) if anyone up that way is lookin to build something...

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/3626541971.html

NHRA rules - 02/21/13 12:30 AM

Erin on stock market channel expects large quantities of metal shavings to be exported to China....AS OF TODAY

External modifications prohibited , intake side of head may not be cut into any part of valve cover bolt holes (except for SS/AH). Valve-cover bolt holes must remain unaltered and in their original location (except for SS/AH).

Might just letter the car "EXCEPT"

Re: NHRA rules - 02/21/13 12:43 AM

What about all those bolts you had sticking out of your heads they going back on LOL

Re: NHRA rules - 02/21/13 01:04 AM

Those bolts can now be called valve cover bolts I guess

Re: NHRA rules - 02/21/13 01:17 AM

Funny Island Dude mentions that. I have overheard David, Brad and Darin debate heads, rotating mass, etc etc etc many times. I am going with no heads and anything that rotates after I win the Belle Rose Viper Blue purse.

Sun is coming up in the West so move your plants.

Re: NHRA rules - 02/21/13 01:29 AM

How about parting with some of those big bucks you got to put in the pot for Belle Rose

Re: NHRA rules - 02/21/13 03:54 AM

Quote:

How about parting with some of those big bucks you got to put in the pot for Belle Rose

I plan on it!!! All my big bucks (& does) this year were made into Rabideaux's sausage and will be in the POT at Belle Rose. Be careful what you ask for. Come by for a "roll-over".
Posted By: KLOVE

Re: NHRA rules - 02/21/13 08:50 PM

So does this mean the intake side SS/AH heads can be cut back as far as you want now? The way I read it doesn't need stock valve cover bolt holes so doesn't that open this up for even more?

Re: NHRA rules - 02/22/13 01:53 AM

I think everyone is speechless

Re: NHRA rules - 02/22/13 02:17 AM

Not speechless, been out in the shop with a sawz-all. I am cutting intake to the centerline of the intake valve stem which will give us a promod size port with no head runner. Our 27 angle valve job will be cut one half on remaining head and the other half on the $217,566 dollar sheet metal intake. Of course valve jobs are coming in at $76,934. If it starts, should "haul the snail" I mean "mail".

Remember " Go forth and multiply";
and "die broke" = AH HEMI

Re: NHRA rules - 02/23/13 06:48 PM

Quote:

External modifications prohibited , intake side of head may not be cut into any part of valve cover bolt holes (except for SS/AH). Valve-cover bolt holes must remain unaltered and in their original location (except for SS/AH).

It looks like the 1964/5 Race Hemi will have different heads now, no more hand-me-downs from the SS/AH class. Not that there are a lot of guys running those B-body RHs. Can the SS/AH guys cut them back to the valve guides? You do need to keep the guides in place, +/-1 degree.

Re: NHRA rules - 02/23/13 08:58 PM

Was told yesterday , pour the runners and chambers, measure the valves, and anything else goes,,,,,pretty sad ;,, one more nail in the coffin for the class

FE Ford Hemi Heads - 02/23/13 09:49 PM

the new heads will look like a FE Ford head. Half of the valve cover will bolt to the intake manifold. There should be some good used stuff for sale, Anyone? Dyno

UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/24/13 02:26 PM

RB, CW, MCH or VED heads are not all illegal, only one brand as far as I know. Not all heads in the class are illegal. The heads cant be milled into the V/C bolt at the gasket surface, thats the line that you cant cross. Its been that way since before I started racing in 1991. This isnt a big deal to anyone other than the ones that do business with someone who cant read the rules. As I told you on the phone when you called, either 6 or so people have to buy new heads, or the whole class will have to buy new one to compete with the cheaters. If they didnt enforce this rule, I would have showed you how to get creative when I milled the head till I got to the valve guide, and put a 2 inch spacer on it. I mean if you can get into the bolt, then where do you stop?

I wish everyone luck next weekend at gainsville. Now that the record is a minimum, someone new will be in teardown as we will not be there.
That brings up another point I made, my dad an I are the only cars that have been torn down at a hemi shootout for the last 3 years so this stuff has been under a towel for who knows how long.

happy Thanksgiving from the MILITIA
cw

A previous post from Charlie

It's a sad day at Black Hawk Hemiland. I owe my Reher Morrison team an apology. After each race I would light 'em up because we were a tenth down. I would use software to synthesize the audios from the faster Hatfield & McCoy (H&C)team cars. We knew their shift points, leave rpm, powerband and still could not compete. Darin Morgan must have been frustrated as he said our heads, which are not in the VC bolt ANYWHERE!!(like the rule said), are sonic locked at 8600. BUT H&C cars are 1500 rpm higher than us???? and making power??? ARGH! WE MISSED THE MEETING WHERE SINCE 1991 THE TOP RAIL WAS THE BOUNDARY. Meanwhile since I have had incorrect carb boosters, pinned freeze plugs (external mod) and 1/4X20 bolts etc etc I am the designated CHEATER.

Well, I am normally happy-go-lucky but since I was born on the change day for Taurus & Gemini, there are three of me in here. One of 'em is PO'ed. I will run Belle Rose so my buddies can see a Chootout and will lose first round to one of my many Hemi friends with heads that are much faster than mine.

ONE & DONE
This class is in trouble. UNLAWFUL is where it needs to stay.

On to the Super Cars. I bet R&M can make a new COPO "STAND ON ONE TIRE AND BARK LIKE A DOG".

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/24/13 03:04 PM

Quote:

ONE & DONE

Sorry to see the class lose another car...

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/24/13 03:36 PM

Dude the rule didn't say "as long as a stock valve cover will lay on the head",
It said you can't cut into the bolt hole,pretty easy to understand to me......the blame
for this isn't one person, racers do things they know are flakey,it's the rule makers and
tech guys that let this happen in the end

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/24/13 03:56 PM

Jay, its one thing to cut the valve cover bolt hole, it another to relocate it.

I don't want to open another can here, I was the one pointing out originally that most Hemi heads were illegal for many years as most porters were into the bolt hole.

I personally would have been fine with milling into the bolt hole as there are a lot of non-AH super stock hemis with illegal cylinder heads today.

The SS/DA racer has legal heads on it and my new heads will be legal to the current rule. I wanted to take advantage of the AH Hemi technology, but the rule is written, its over with and I'm moving on...

My AH car is definitely legal and I have more parts to run that as a non-shootout car then I will ever need, with ALOT of worthless hemi parts on the horizon right now. All those SS hemis with illegal heads or cars that are put up for sale... AH parts out the wazoo to go 8.70's. Again, thats the rule and I'll move on.

The Super Stock racer in me though is appalled at the rule and the slaughtering of a class I've grown up to and loved. To be able to legally modify a head that much does not belong in Super Stock. Maybe an altered class in comp eliminator. Why not let the AH cars have a rack and pinion and struts? Where does it end?

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/24/13 04:07 PM

Just think this rule is going to drive people out of the class, not in.

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/24/13 06:08 PM

Charlie didn't relocate the bolt holes....he just couldn't use them because the integrity of them had been compromised

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/25/13 02:37 AM

These went 41 @ Dutch and 57 in Vegas eating the driveshaft at 1100 mark. Collectors now.

Attached picture 7602146-hemibolts.JPG

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/25/13 01:27 PM

What's all that tape and cardboard hiding

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/25/13 05:40 PM

Legal intake ports?

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/25/13 07:03 PM

Quote:

What's all that tape and cardboard hiding

One owner 65 Vette that I have had for 43 years, 96k miles. Will lower on frame in about an hour. Only thing not original, one exhaust manifold!!!

PS Head volume perfect but freeze plugs pinned. May make Dyno a deal he can't refuse if he can catch more fish or beat me at golf next month.

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/27/13 05:06 PM

Ready to load the the car this weekend. I hope it does not snow again. Dyno

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/27/13 07:08 PM

Did I understand you all to say, that NHRA will not allow the freeze plugs to be pined or otherwise made safe ?

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/28/13 03:27 AM

Stewart, no, Spyphish had bolts stabilizing the valve train through the exterior portion of the head. He joked that they were actually there holding the freeze plugs in.

Just very sad that NHRA threw him out of Indy for this...

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/28/13 04:23 AM

Thanks, I know NHRA can come up with some strange stuff, but there have been too many people hurt or killed because of freeze plugs.

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/28/13 02:03 PM

Island Hemi

Attached picture 7606652-165925_575125115838622_337789447_n.jpg
Posted By: Troy

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 02/28/13 05:37 PM

Quote:

Stewart, no, Spyphish had bolts stabilizing the valve train through the exterior portion of the head. He joked that they were actually there holding the freeze plugs in.

I would love to see how that was done......

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 03/01/13 02:28 AM

NHRA had no problem with the pinned freeze plugs. I was being flip. We did have some small bolts holding a super secret thing and was a clear violation of external mod rule. I was DQ'ed. This is corrected and on we go. If your bored, surf over (but I'm watching you!!) to Classracer Hemi Head thread. David rules...........
Posted By: Dave W

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 03/01/13 04:31 AM

Quote:

NHRA had no problem with the pinned freeze plugs. I was being flip. We did have some small bolts holding a super secret thing and was a clear violation of external mod rule. I was DQ'ed. This is corrected and on we go. If your bored, surf over (but I'm watching you!!) to Classracer Hemi Head thread. David rules...........

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=45976

Great read! It's a shame what this class has turned into. Wish they could hit the ''re-set button'' on the class and start over or turn it into some sort of nostalgia pro stock class. I grew up on DeFrank/Cohen, John Friel, Bucky Hess, Randy Hopkins, Bob Reed, The Tuetons, Dean Mink, Jerry Jenkins, etc... and loved watching them race. The first time I saw a Hemi A-body was at my local track when I was 13. The High Adventure Racing Cuda of Pat Forsythe (sorry if mis-spelled) and Mike Bogina. It was love at first sight! lol There is nothing more impressive to see, then a Hemi stuffed into an A-body. I remember what a big deal it was when Bucky and the engine builder from Canada (forget his name) were battling it out to crack the 8 second zone. The days before the interenet and you couldn't wait to get the next issue of Super Stock magazine to see who did what. It seems to me that this class has such an impact on people that it should help grow class racing rather then discourage people from building new cars and competing. With such a high impact class, NHRA needs to find a way to preserve it, promote it and let it GROW!
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: UNLAWFUL thread, how appropriate - 03/02/13 07:06 PM

fquote]
It's a shame what this class has turned into. Wish they could hit the ''re-set button'' on the class and start over or turn it into some sort of nostalgia pro stock class. I grew up on DeFrank/Cohen, John Friel, Bucky Hess, Randy Hopkins, Bob Reed, The Tuetons, Dean Mink, Jerry Jenkins, etc... and loved watching them race. The first time I saw a Hemi A-body was at my local track when I was 13. The High Adventure Racing Cuda of Pat Forsythe (sorry if mis-spelled) and Mike Bogina. It was love at first sight! lol There is nothing more impressive to see, then a Hemi stuffed into an A-body. I remember what a big deal it was when Bucky and the engine builder from Canada (forget his name) were battling it out to crack the 8 second zone. The days before the interenet and you couldn't wait to get the next issue of Super Stock magazine to see who did what. It seems to me that this class has such an impact on people that it should help grow class racing rather then discourage people from building new cars and competing. With such a high impact class, NHRA needs to find a way to pres erve it, promote it and let it GROW!

I with you.... I still enjoy and follow the class but I admit the technological changes were really starting to turn me off, once the 4 speeds began a resurgance I was re-inspired

Don Macallum was the other engine builder you were thinking of. Miller and MacCallum Barracuda

Re: D4 #1 - 03/04/13 02:01 AM

Way to go Tim Hebert. made it to the final;
Posted By: robnbird

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 03/11/13 04:04 AM

Quote:

The 2012 and previous years' threads are in the "Best of" forum.

Here's to 2013......... The year Bucky comes back out?.........

Go Bucky , he has the best looking ss/ah of all time.

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 03/12/13 01:09 AM

Big kudos to Steve Comella, went down to 4 cars (5 rounds) yesterday at the LODRS race. Good luck this week at Gainesville.

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 03/12/13 07:17 PM

Thank you! and yes i will be out this spring!Congrats to Tim Hebert and Steve Comela!
Posted By: j oliverio

Re: 2013 - SS/AH Super Stock - 03/12/13 09:30 PM

Bucky great to hear you are going to race and congratulations to the Comellas and Herbert

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/13/13 02:36 PM

Looks like the following folks as per Barton camp.

Daniels
Wolkwitz
Barton
Paillot
Campbell
Teuton
T. Hebert
S. Hebert
Comella
Wooford
Pancake – 50/50 chance if it’s out of the body shop
Kent – I assume he will be there
Zrust – I heard he was going

How about it Bucky???? We would love to have ya'.

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/13/13 03:14 PM

Whats being done to Pancakes car in body shop?
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/13/13 05:45 PM

Hood scoop repair from last nitrous backfire.

Oops.....did I say that out loud??

Just some touch up stuff. That car has a ton of runs and has been rode hard, so Jim wanted to clean a few things up

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/14/13 03:09 AM

Quote:

Hood scoop repair from last nitrous backfire.

Call TWO SCOOP!

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/16/13 06:13 PM

sorry you all keep changing the rules and need to have there
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/20/13 02:46 PM

....and doesn't seem to be posting much here anymore.

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/25/13 08:09 PM

Just wanted to say a quick congratulations to Stephen Hebert (Spyphish) for running career best numbers 1st round of elims at Belle Rose.

8.399 @ 159.23

Nice to finally see it run what it should! Too bad the weather didn't cooperate this weekend, would've been a fun shootout

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/25/13 10:27 PM

Congratulations!!!!

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/26/13 02:32 AM

Way to go Stephen. All bets are off! LOL

2014 Hemi Head Rules - 03/28/13 10:29 PM

NHRA Technical Department Announces 2014 SS/AH Cylinder Head Rules

In February of this year, the NHRA Technical Department adjusted the rules concerning cylinder heads in the SS/AH class for the 2013 season to more accurately reflect the types of cylinder heads currently being used in competition. This rule change was made in an effort to avoid the immediate cost and inconvenience to racers of purchasing new cylinder heads for the 2013 season.

Since the release of these rule amendments, the NHRA Technical Department has been in conversations with the Super Stock racing community. As a result of these discussions, the NHRA Technical Department will revert back to the 2012 Super Stock cylinder head rules beginning with the 2014 season. The NHRA Technical Department feels that changing these rules back to their 2012 level for SS/AH is consistent with:

Continuation and future growth of the SS/AH class
Alignment of Super Stock rules for all classes
Preservation of the spirit and intent of a unique vehicle in Drag Racing History
Racers to be able to easily obtain factory correct components which will be tuned and modified within existing rules (not redesigned) to maximize performance capability
Maintaining the architecture of the components as designed
Taking this step in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary celebration of the 426 Gen II Hemi in 2014 (introduced in Feb, 1964)

Delaying the new rule implementation until 2014 will allow racers time to make the necessary changes to their vehicles to be in compliance. The 2014 SS/AH cylinder head rules will not permit external modifications, cutting into any part of the valve cover bolt hole and the valve cover bolt holes must remain unaltered and in their original location.

Glen Gray

NHRA

Vice President Technical Operations
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 03/28/13 10:40 PM

Set the records while you can...

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 03/28/13 10:42 PM

Glad to see Nhra finally got some backbone. Lets see how fast everyone is now, well in 2014

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 03/28/13 11:09 PM

I agree Bucky. These just went 39 159.3

Attached picture 7644835-hemibolts.JPG
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 03/29/13 05:29 AM

Quote:

I agree Bucky. These just went 39 159.3 [/quote
Dang all that tape and stickers can't see nothing!
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 03/31/13 05:05 AM

ive seen those before,thats those reher-morrison high flow intake gaskets,hand made by buddy and available out the back door when you knock 3 times and put ur left foot in.....

Re: 2013 - Cajun Sportsnational - 03/31/13 05:59 PM

Quote:

Just wanted to say a quick congratulations to Stephen Hebert (Spyphish) for running career best numbers 1st round of elims at Belle Rose.

8.399 @ 159.23

Nice to finally see it run what it should! Too bad the weather didn't cooperate this weekend, would've been a fun shootout

Congratulations Steve

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 04/02/13 02:53 PM

so with the proper ruling..... how many obsolete heads are out there now?
Posted By: mbogina

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 04/02/13 03:33 PM

About 95% of all the sets done in the last 20+ years will now be illegal. This 2014 rule revision will affect many hundreds of sets of SS Hemi Heads.
Posted By: 64HemiSavoy

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 04/02/13 04:50 PM

Quote:

About 95% of all the sets done in the last 20+ years will now be illegal. This 2014 rule revision will affect many hundreds of sets of SS Hemi Heads.

Including Charlie who says he never cheats?
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 04/02/13 10:36 PM

I'm thinking NHRA wants that COPO Camero to be top dog in SSA now

Re: 2014 Hemi Head Rules - 04/03/13 02:50 AM

You really think these new rules will stand?........I hardly doubt it.....and where is the official posting?

Name this car!!! - 04/09/13 10:17 AM

A little SUPER SECRET winter project. 25.4 Holt car. Need a name. How about "Fiscal Cliff" ???

Attached picture 7660692-photo2.JPG

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/09/13 06:21 PM

BlewBayou

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/09/13 08:28 PM

How about letting us put a real paint job on it?

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/10/13 12:14 AM

How about the "Frito-Ban-Dito" with a big picture of Fritos smiling face on the doors and Hood ??!!

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/10/13 12:27 AM

Seriously, As much as I dislike white on a race car, with your association with RMRE, I would paint the car white and red with the blue stripe, and have Reher Morrison on the door and Shepherd on the front fender...

A combination that leveled the Mad Dog with team work. I read many a story about Lee Shepherd from that ERA when he was doing their cylinder heads, and That was a focused group of racers in the shop and on the track...

And I don't care if they raced Chevies then, RMRE is building Hemis now!

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/10/13 02:02 AM

Quote:

Seriously, As much as I dislike white on a race car, with your association with RMRE, I would paint the car white and red with the blue stripe, and have Reher Morrison on the door and Shepherd on the front fender...

A combination that leveled the Mad Dog with team work. I read many a story about Lee Shepherd from that ERA when he was doing their cylinder heads, and That was a focused group of racers in the shop and on the track...

Good idea.

Re: Name this car!!! *DELETED* - 04/10/13 02:34 AM

Post deleted by Frito

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/11/13 01:23 AM

Black'N Redfish, or Blackened Redfish. Candy Apple Red with black accents with gold leaf lettering.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/11/13 02:37 AM

I would like to ask where is the Mahan owned 68 Cuda David Barton use to drive ?? I just have not seen it and I always liked that car. Just curious if anyone can tell me if they still are racing it or what ? Thanks , Ron
Posted By: cgall

SS/AH - 04/13/13 12:28 PM

Ron, he is driving one at VMP this weekend.

9 1990 SS/AH David Barton, Robesonia PA, '68 Dart 8.614 9.30 -0.686

Re: SS/AH - 04/13/13 12:42 PM

David is driving Gary W's Earthquake 1 Car. Last I saw was converted to 4 speed.

Mahans car is sitting in storage...

Re: Name this car!!! *DELETED* - 04/13/13 12:47 PM

Quote:

Post deleted by Frito

Where did Fritos post go??

I thought Frito had free reign to do or say anything???

Fritos the man!!!
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Name this car!!! - 04/13/13 03:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good idea.

Joey

Re: SS/AH - 04/13/13 04:27 PM

Quote:

David is driving Gary W's Earthquake 1 Car. Last I saw was converted to 4 speed.

Mahans car is sitting in storage...

Thanks for the info. I really like the Mahan car and of course it runs great. Ron

Re: SS/AH - 04/21/13 02:42 AM

Need to shout out to the Southland guys for helping me this weekend, Joe, Tim & son and Daniel. Out getting a GP and a little test with RMRE guys as well. Thanks guys.

PS: Not only a spy but congrats to my good friend Gary Moore on his first round win in the AM!!!! Been practicing palm reading in the French Quarters.

Re: SS/AH - 04/23/13 10:32 PM

had you staged, i'da been toast. hey, friends are forever. did run out of air second round, no shift= get beat. think about the shepard tribute paint job. bucky probably could come up with a beauty.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: SS/AH - 04/27/13 11:11 PM

Not good. Anyone want to share why?

SS/AH Tim Hebert, Thibodaux LA, '68 Barracuda DQ

New Record - 04/28/13 03:53 AM

anyone know how fast Gary W. went at Atco for the record?
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: New Record - 04/28/13 04:04 AM

Gary Wolkwitz set the SS/AH record, 9.28 at 160

from classracer.com
Posted By: Stewart

Re: New Record - 04/28/13 04:27 AM

Record can't be a 9.28. Was at a minimum which is .50 under the index so the record would have to be quicker than a 8.80. At 160 must have been quick.

Re: New Record - 04/28/13 04:35 AM

Certainly a misprint. Congrats to the Barton guys. Had to be better than a 22 with a FE head.

Re: New Record - 04/28/13 04:45 AM

Quote:

Record can't be a 9.28. Was at a minimum which is .50 under the index so the record would have to be quicker than a 8.80. At 160 must have been quick.

NEW NATIONAL SS/AH RECORD!!!
Gary Wolkwitz 8.285 @ 160.50mph.

from his facebook page
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: New Record - 04/30/13 08:42 PM

Good Lord that's F A S T...

Congrats to him and the Barton guys!
Posted By: hemidart426

Re: New Record - 04/30/13 10:58 PM

Congratulations to Gary Wolkwitz, who set the new SS/AH record at a 8.285 @ 160.50. All I can say is that I know the Barton crew has been working very hard at this to get Gary a record and to have the Barton crew back into the record book! Also congratulations to David Barton for setting the CC/SA record at a 9.45 @ 136.57. Congratulations again to Gray Wolkwitz and the entire Barton Crew!
Posted By: Adrielp

Re: New Record - 05/01/13 01:37 AM

I think Todd Patterson stole the CC record. Thats what I read on classracer

Re: New Record - 05/01/13 06:02 AM

That should give something to shoot for. I think he was getting bored.

Englishtown - 05/09/13 01:33 AM

Wish they were running class. would "be-bop" over for a check-up. Seven cars so watch DRC. 2013 FE heads????

Re: Englishtown - 05/09/13 01:53 AM

OOHHH YEEEAAHHH!!!!!

Re: Englishtown - 05/10/13 02:40 AM

Okay- so I'm the only one excited is set to run at E'town!

Re: Englishtown - 05/10/13 05:28 PM

Contact Bob.

Re: Englishtown *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* - 05/10/13 06:20 PM

Post deleted by SSDAcuda

Re: Englishtown *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* - 05/15/13 02:26 AM

Y deleted?

*DELETED* - 05/15/13 02:51 AM

I was asked to...

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/15/13 11:09 AM

Nice to see Spyphish continue in the Hemi wars with a new R/M Hemi car.

hats off to the graphic designer- Michael Barton!

Attached picture 7706536-599513_572344056120352_394434729_n.jpg

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/15/13 01:09 PM

Quote:

Nice to see Spyphish continue in the Hemi wars with a new R/M Hemi car.

hats off to the graphic designer- Michael Barton!

To give credit where it's due;Tue Apr 09 2013 07:27 PM you posted a pic of David, Buddy and Lee's Camero. I choked on my doughnut. This car was actually going back as a gray/black primer throwback and was painted as so. Here is my pic of it heading to another paint job! Thanks to Michael Barton for the design.

PS As for your deleted post, thanks for getting the word out. I was happy to help my TALL friend.

Now for some

Attached picture 7706586-RMREbefore.JPG
Posted By: Skypower

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/16/13 02:06 AM

That looks bad azz!!

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/16/13 05:00 AM

next time,PLEEEZ letter the back,so they can read it more often...

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/16/13 12:13 PM

Quote:

I was happy to help my TALL friend.

Thats what it was all about- THANKS!

There is one thing I do want to know and I really need the frontal or above image picture to know for sure....

But does the new car have one, two or possibly three scoops!!!

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/16/13 02:10 PM

Three scoops

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/16/13 02:31 PM

Yep, you must have PHISHED my project. One scoop for me , one for RMRE, and one for Speedtech!!! Three Scoop, Screwhead Steve

Re: Reher Morrison Hemi - 05/16/13 08:30 PM

Just don't tell "two scoop Lido"!

Sorry, I loved that story- or more appropriately the way you told it! I think the only time I laughed at that thread!

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 11:43 AM

Does anyone have any pictures they could post of the Defrank & Cohen Cuda?
Toying with an Idea

Attached picture 7708899-SuperSTockHemiCudasburnout14web.jpg-original.jpeg

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 06:48 PM

From Division Race in Vegas back in 90s??

Attached picture 7709267-img003.jpg

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 06:49 PM

2nd..probably got more....would have to scan them since they were shot on 35mm film.

Attached picture 7709268-img026.jpg

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 07:54 PM

Thank you AAR. Thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for. If you have any others, please do post them. And I am pretty sure it was not early 90's, but mid-eighties! The first time I saw that car in person was when it appeared at Englishtown around '83/'84. My jaw hit the ground.... Later found out Jim Defrank sold it. Had Troxell on the window instead of Houser. I never saw it again after that.

Supposedly was sold to the Smiths and stripped/dismantled...

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 08:14 PM

It could be the 80s...i was only guessing...

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 09:25 PM

I'm pretty sure we have that car in our shop right now. I have to confirm with my customer the lineage of the car we have, but I heard it went from Defrank to Smith to my customer.

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 10:15 PM

AAR-on second thought the mid 90's sounds much better! Feels like yesterday though.

Ben, yes I was told after posting that the car was still around. How about some pics in its present state? And what are you doing to it. It still wears the same colors?

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/17/13 10:27 PM

It is getting a complete update to be a new SS/AH car. I don't have any pics right now that I can post. It is still in contruction. It doesn't have the original Defrank paint, but it is a circa 1990's paint job. It's an Eddie Smith job I think. Really sharp car
Posted By: LSP

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/18/13 02:57 AM

IIRC it was the Barnett/Bagwell car before Defrank & Cohen.

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/19/13 01:39 PM

Quote:

IIRC it was the Barnett/Bagwell car before Defrank & Cohen.

Its a pretty neat thing that a car with such SS/AA history will be back out fighting the war in SS/AH. Any Ideas on Paint scheme? Old Defrank and Cohen colors?

Maybe Doug Walker from www.hemishootout.net can do a feature on Spyphish's or the D&C car. He has cars featured from Little, East Texas, MR2 and Jennings. Needs a Holt and a Keir car. New Earthquake Car ???

Attached picture 7711057-SteveBagwellSSAA.jpg

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/19/13 07:37 PM

Another. John Mountjoy car in the other lane?? If so, I was just talking to the current owner yesterday.

Attached picture 7711436-68cudas.jpg

Re: DeFrank & Cohen - 05/19/13 08:22 PM

Different car Frito. The Brooks/Mountjoy/Houser 'Cuda is the car that replaced the Defrank& Cohen car. They lettered it Jim DeFrank and Sons. Very beautiful car also. I just love the old school look of the D&C car and that big number 2 on the window- multiple years. Jim Sr, told me the smiths dismantled the car and pieced it out.

Attached picture 7711482-Mopars_at_Strip_07-399.jpg

Maple Grove LODRS - 05/25/13 11:14 PM

Nice qualifying pass in Pa at the LODRS. 7 AH cars there.

1517 SS/AH Melvin Daniels, Bristol PA, '68 Dart 8.331 9.30 -0.969

Re: Maple Grove LODRS - 05/26/13 12:28 AM

Melvin a relative of Jim Daniels?
Posted By: MCHBOB

Re: Maple Grove LODRS - 05/26/13 07:30 AM

Quote:

Melvin Daniels is Jim Daniels
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Maple Grove LODRS - 05/26/13 06:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Melvin Daniels is Jim Daniels

hey bob how ya doin?
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Name this car!!! - 05/28/13 07:24 PM

Quote:

A little SUPER SECRET winter project. 25.4 Holt car. Need a name. How about "Fiscal Cliff" ???

FISHcal Cliff?

Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 12:47 AM

Tim Hebert passed this morning unexpectedly, heart attack. He will be missed by many, one of the best people I know, through and through.

Jeff
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 01:07 AM

So sad to hear R.I.P
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 04:26 AM

WOW Sorry to hear this news. My condolences!!
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 05:48 AM

I am shocked! Tim was a great man!
We have lost a great HEMI guy!
My condolences go to his family.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 07:07 AM

My condolences to the Hebert family.

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 11:15 AM

This is truly a case of " The good die young!"

Rest in Peace buddy...

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 03:42 PM

So sorry to hear this. I pray for his family. RIP. Ron

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 07:36 PM

So sorry to hear, My heart and prayers go out to his family and lil Joe. I don't no why but God seems to always take the Best first. Bucky, Jeannie, Travis and Lauren
Posted By: hemid68

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/03/13 09:29 PM

Sorry to hear that. My thoughts and condolences to his family, and his friends the Teutons.

Re: Tim Hebert - 06/04/13 02:56 AM

This posted on Classracer. I still can't believe it. We always joked about the Hebert Hemi guys and who thought who was kin to who etc. Such nice people. We will miss you Tim. Stephen

Timothy Paul Hebert, 53, a native and resident of Thibodaux, LA passed away on Sunday, June 2, 2013.

A visitation will be held on Thursday, June 6, 2013 from 8:30 AM until funeral time at St. Joseph Co-Cathedral in Thibodaux LA. A Mass of Christian burial will take place at 11:30 AM, with burial to follow in St. Joseph Cemetery.

He is survived by his loving wife of 25 years, Regina Percle Hebert, daughter; Regan Hebert and fiancé Chad Zibilich, son; Rory Hebert, step-son; Traver Babin and fiancé Tifany Percle, grandchildren; Bailey, Brittany, and Brylee Babin, mother; Marie Oncale Hebert, sister; Sandra Hebert, brothers; Alfred Hebert and wife Carol Ann, nephew; Ben, brother; Michael Hebert and wife Celeste, nephew; Cody, niece; Kati, brother; Joseph Hebert and wife Elizabeth, and step-sons, J.D. and Scott Stevens.

He was preceded in death by his father Wilfred (Biggy) Hebert and nephew Eric Hebert.

He was a life long Sugar Cane farmer, loving husband and father, and an avid race car driver. He will be greatly missed by all.

Belle Rose LDRS - 06/10/13 11:48 AM

Nice to see Paillot Bros. new Dart make a nice run last weekend.

Re: Belle Rose LDRS - 06/10/13 01:06 PM

Quote:

Nice to see Paillot Bros. new Dart make a nice run last weekend.

How'd they run???

Re: Belle Rose LODRS - 06/10/13 02:27 PM

21 499Z SS/AH Joseph Paillot, New Orleans LA, '68 Dart 8.641 9.30 -0.659

Re: Aluminum Heads - 06/14/13 02:51 AM

are you allowed to tell everybody this.. as for me please do..

Re: Aluminum Heads - 06/14/13 04:52 AM

tell everyone what?

Mopar Action at the Grove - 06/15/13 09:56 PM

Hemi race next weekend?
Posted By: dragonfish

SWEDEN INTERNATIONALS - 06/16/13 02:05 PM

WAS ON EURODRAGSTER.COM CHECKING OUT THE RESULTS AND PICS AND IN THE FRIDAY PICTURES, FOUND A PIC OF THE "SUPERCUDA" DOING A BURNOUT W/ A RED HEMICUDA BEHIND HIM!!
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: SWEDEN INTERNATIONALS - 06/16/13 07:18 PM

The blue Cuda is my friend Urban Arvidsson from Sweden and the orange Cuda is my friend Timo Eronen from Finland.

http://www.eurodragster.com/live/2013swe...cture=pic02.jpg

http://www.eurodragster.com/live/2013swe...cture=pic03.jpg

Re: SWEDEN INTERNATIONALS - 06/16/13 08:05 PM

KOOL !!! THANX HOW DID THEY RUN??
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: SWEDEN INTERNATIONALS - 06/16/13 09:10 PM

Both of them had problems, Urban ran a 9.50 and Timo a 12.35
Timo's car usual run 8.8 somthing
Urbans car is new so I don't know how fast it will be running.
Posted By: Joesixpack

Re: SWEDEN INTERNATIONALS - 06/16/13 10:15 PM

one of my favorite SS/AAs

Attached picture 7745149-indy-sunday-05-1491.jpg

Re: SWEDEN INTERNATIONALS - 06/19/13 12:13 AM

how can I get in touch with Urban? I have something he may be interested in.

hemi shootout at maple grove - 06/22/13 12:10 AM

whos going and y did steve comella go to the NHRA race not the shootout??

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 06/22/13 04:37 AM

Quote:

Attached picture 7750690-SSAA68FRIELDART.jpg

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 06/24/13 12:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i dont get it.

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 06/24/13 03:16 AM

Points ??

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 06/24/13 11:59 AM

We entered Epping before we even knew there was a shootout. Plus we wanted to give Jimmy D a chance to win some money . He needs to buy Jimmy Junior a AH car. LOL
Posted By: kyhemi-dart

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/14/13 03:23 AM

What size slicks are you AH guys running now?

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/21/13 11:40 PM

Perhaps you ah guys can find it within you to put some black tape over your numbers at indy for jeff.

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/21/13 11:58 PM

Or two thinner stripes.

I already have a stripe through my number in honor of Tim Hebert.

Godspeed Jeff

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/22/13 04:50 AM

My last conversation with Jeff was him wanting me to go to Indy,I told him I didnt know if i would be ready. Now I feel like I have to go, ready or not. If I make it it will be for you Jeff not me.RIP I hope to race you again one day.

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/22/13 12:26 PM

I would like to see Jeff's car lead the parade before class eliminations.

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/22/13 01:56 PM

Sad news about my tall friend. R.I.P. buddy.

Chuck, good idea on the parade. Tim's car as well if Joe will bring it. We could line them up beside the starting line to watch over us. I am having some decals made like we did for Paul. Two guys in several months is just too much.

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/22/13 02:13 PM

I like that idea. I will see if Bob is up to it. All we have to do is put motor back together. Jake

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/22/13 03:46 PM

See what you can do Jake even if we have to golf cart it down

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/22/13 03:50 PM

I know Joe is bringing Tim's car to Atco next week. I will talk to him about his Indy plans

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/22/13 04:01 PM

Ok Chuck I will wait for the smoke to settle and talk to Bob. Jake

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/23/13 03:24 PM

If you can't get Jeff's car there, maybe a missing man formation ala the flyboys will be a great tribute to Jeff?

Can pigs fly? - 07/28/13 12:56 PM

Maybe soon!! Hey Bucky, at least it has stripes....

Attached picture 7792969-IMG_0231.JPG
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Can pigs fly? - 07/28/13 03:29 PM

Hey Stephen,

Your car looks Great!the perfect paint scheme

Joey

Re: Can pigs fly? - 07/28/13 03:37 PM

nice shop
Posted By: 64HemiSavoy

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 07/29/13 12:31 AM

Quote:

If you can't get Jeff's car there, maybe a missing man
formation ala the flyboys will be a great tribute to Jeff?

Needs to be a double missing man formation.... Jeff is not the only tragic loss in the SS/AH world

Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/07/13 05:47 PM

17 SS/AH cars entered so far! Dyno

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/08/13 04:29 PM

16 now Dyno Mantas in, Who's left?

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/08/13 04:59 PM

Bucky, Howes, Rick Johnson & many west coast guys.

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/08/13 05:03 PM

Im in but no pistons yet and block still in machine shop. Anyone with a spare motor or car? LOL Jake

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/08/13 05:43 PM

Quote:

Bucky, Howes, Rick Johnson & many west coast guys.

Just heard from Raybourn, not coming this year. Wolkwitz only one car? Tyler Hard? DePillo? Super Cuda has gone to Sweden. Looking foward to seeing Paillott. The "Silver Bullit" guy?
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/09/13 03:17 AM

Quote:

Im in but no pistons yet and block still in machine shop. Anyone with a spare motor or car? LOL Jake

Hey Gary, I got a spare motor you can borrow. Its even got a crossram on it. LMAO

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/09/13 03:50 AM

have a motor, only 910 hp. on amarillo dyno.catch you later-- gary

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/09/13 03:56 AM

I have an extra one (been 41). Need your car there as well as. Bucky, Campbell, Vieria, Bales, Baughman, Moore, Fred (put the CJ up), Hard, Two Scoop, Welker and LOTS of others. COME ON MAN!!!

Attached picture 7807924-IMG_0231.JPG

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/09/13 04:17 AM

Quote:

have a motor, only 910 hp. on amarillo dyno.catch you later-- gary

30 hp. more than me, come have some fun!

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/09/13 12:20 PM

If its been 41 how about letting me borrow it?

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/09/13 07:13 PM

That was in a Pa. mineshaft so I think you have this one covered. May have RMRE car running soon. When is your Camo Cuda going to be ready???

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/13/13 01:09 PM

19 cars, Barton and Steve Kent in now

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/13/13 09:37 PM

Tony D will be ridin the "Mule"

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/13/13 09:46 PM

Any prediction on who no 1 qualifier is.

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/14/13 03:14 AM

Steve and Chuck Comella, they definitely deserve it. Anyone else, means the "fix" is in ~!

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/14/13 10:46 AM

Thanks Stewart but my moneys on CW. I already have a bet with one AH racer that he wont be. LOL

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/14/13 01:29 PM

19 not bad for a trophy race. I have not seen any press release from Mopar. I like trophies and a bye. Where is Tyler, Bucky????

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/14/13 01:39 PM

This is no trophy race Stephen. Paying back 16 spots and I think 10 to win at least . Check it out .

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/14/13 01:58 PM

Your right as usual. This is about right, I was 17th last year. No $$$$ for me...

Mopar® HEMI® Challenge Returns to the U.S. Nationals for a 13th Year Mopar HEMI Challenge returns to the NHRA U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis August 29-30th for a 13th consecutive season.
Winner will take home $15,000 purse, the iconic HEMI Challenge trophy and the addition of a custom Mopar winner’s jacket
Mopar adds a cash prize payout to the full 16-car field to this year’s edition

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/15/13 06:45 PM

Sorry i'm farming! maybe the Dutch

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/16/13 03:27 AM

From the horses mouth:

Winner = 15,000

R/U = 1500

Semis = 500 (x2)

Quarters = 250 (x4)

Eighths = 250 (x8

Let's put on a show for Tim and Jeff... Bring the cars!!!
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/18/13 11:29 PM

Quote:

Sorry i'm farming! maybe the Dutch

I know where this is headed...

Attached picture 7818897-hemitrac(1).jpg

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/20/13 08:37 PM

The Spyphish floundered at Indy last year,
But from the look of this video he found a new gear.

It left so hard it shook the ground,
and turned the decal upside down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHJ8v0VscUA

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/21/13 03:58 AM

This last Spring that decal did appear;
from those we no longer fear;
but a very short time will tell;
if we win or if we fail!!!

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/21/13 12:11 PM

"the buzz quietly swarming through the pits,
Is under Spyphish's hood is the shits,

Larry Perkins finally has the "good one" under the hood,
maybe if he gets the clutch right he'll change everyones mood,

The island Hemi may be underpowered on Friday to be a number 1 contender,
But everyone better get out of their way on Monday as they're not going to surrender,

I was hoping to see the return of Bucky,
It seems this Indy we're not that lucky,

The Robesonia group will be loaded for bear,
Having the rest of the field pulling out their hair

Little Joe and clan will be looking to go rounds,
This will be a sad Indy with two of our hero's down

Don't be sad they say while watching from above,
Hopefully the hate will cease and NHRA will have some Hemi love..."

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/22/13 05:34 PM

Well will be there but without the car. Motor not going to make it. Have not received my crank back yet and running out of time.See ya all there. Jake

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/23/13 01:22 AM

Sorry to hear your car will not be ready. Make sure you withdraw and save your entry for later. See you there. Dyno

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/23/13 02:25 PM

New word for the mechanical section of Webster. HACK!!! Brad said I would hear a distinct Hack sound as Darin did some work on the exhaust side of the motor. We started it to load it, MAN!, I am not going to race it. Just ride around in it... Hoping to move up to 16th.

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/25/13 06:42 PM

Might make it. Got crank Friday afternoon. Motor is in car. Just have to align and scale and put on Dyno to check fuel curve and load up. I hope everything is good

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/27/13 02:55 AM

Six of us parked and I saw Mantas pre stacked so come on. We have a nice area, cookout and a race breaks out.

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/27/13 03:13 AM

Will be there weds about noon.
Posted By: Canuck

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/27/13 12:49 PM

Have fun guys and be safe!

See ya next year

Mark Howes

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/28/13 04:12 PM

Charlie Wescott Jr. went 8.52 @ 158 to set the bar. Next closest run so far is Stephen Hebert, 8.67 @ 155
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/29/13 03:39 AM

Who all is in the Hemi Challenge this yr Planning to skip work and go to it this year.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/29/13 04:08 AM

Somebody please take a pic of Spyfish' engine !! I can't stand the wait !! Find Frito

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/29/13 06:37 AM

For those interested here is qualifying after round 2. Herbert is down to fifth and some that did not make it down track it appears.
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=276315&Filter=30#indextop

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/29/13 12:10 PM

Doug Walker from HemiShootOut.net is on site reporting

Results:
http://www.hemishootout.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=154

Pics:
http://www.hemishootout.net/index.php?op...&Itemid=150
(none up yet)

THANKS DOUG!
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/29/13 01:51 PM

Is Dean Mink running at Indy this yr Didn't see him in shootout results

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 08/29/13 07:38 PM

Quote:

Is Dean Mink running at Indy this yr Didn't see him in shootout results

no dean this year
Posted By: 68shifter

Hemi Shootout rd 1 - 08/30/13 03:33 PM

Round 1 from Indy.
Also always great to hear Herb McCandless tell old stories-one of the great traditions during this challenge.

Hebert 8.59 w
Paillout 8.73

Zrust 9.05w
Mantus 8.67 red

Comella 9.03 bye

Pancake 8.60 w
Gary W 9.60

Booker 8.68
CW Sr 8.51 w

Wofford 8.63
Barton 9.70 w

Perkins 8.56 w
DePillo 8.72

Teuton 8.66
Houser 8.51 w

Daniels 9.21 bye

CW- Jr 8.47 bye
Fastest pass of the weekend.

Hot here, all sun and no clouds.

During the parade Jeff K and Tim H cars led the parade. Very appropriate to see.

Gary Jacobs car missed first call due to motor issues, Comella spun a rod and put a Barton motor out of a Teuton car in yesterday. More later.

Re: Hemi Shootout rd 2 - 08/30/13 05:46 PM

Round 2

Hebert 8.62 w
Zrust 9.19

Perkins 8.60
CW Jr - 8.52 w

Daniels 8.68
CW Sr - 8.58 w

Pancake 8.64 red
Houser 9.49 w

Barton 8.85 let off
Comella-no show.

Re: Hemi Shootout rd 3 - 08/30/13 07:40 PM

Round three.

Barton 8.70
Hebert 8.64 w

CW Sr 8.72
CW Jr 8.51 w

Houser 8.54
Bye

It will be Hebert in the final against the Houser/CW Jr winner. Alot of butts in the stands. Finals will be between TF and FC tonight along with the factory showdown.

Re: Hemi Shootout rd 4 - 08/30/13 09:54 PM

Round 4
Hebert solo, spun hard

Houser 8.50 w
Westcott 8.51
What a race. Houser left first. Looked like CW was coming on towards the end but just didn't catch him.

One stick and one auto in the final.

Re: Hemi Shootout rd 4 - 08/30/13 10:04 PM

Go Spyfish

Re: Hemi Shootout rd 4 - 08/30/13 10:28 PM

Come on Stephen. Awesome. Nice pat on the back for Reher Morrison. Great driving, and hopefully Hebert can kill the tree. Awesomeness.

Re: Hemi Shootout rd 4 - 08/30/13 11:13 PM

Go Houser .............

Re: Hemi Shootout rd 4 - 08/30/13 11:25 PM

Good News after all...

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-raci...rding-ssah-cars

68 shifter- THANKS for the updates all day!

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 12:42 AM

Final rd.

Houser 8.50 w
Hebert 8.68

Both had good lights, looked like Hebert might have spun a bit. Nonetheless good race in front of a bunch of people, Oh and at the Chevrolet Performance U.S, Nationals.

Video and photos later.

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 01:39 AM

WoW! didn't get the big check!! Congrats Mr. Houser!

...RIP

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 02:05 AM

Quote:

WoW! didn't get the big check!! Congrats Mr. Houser!

...RIP

Houser's a customer of CW, militia cam logo on fender and hemimilitia.com on the scoop.

Announcers said they'll be another challenge next year.

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 02:12 AM

the finals were live on espn3...was great to watch.

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 02:16 AM

WAY TO GO SPYFISH -- did all of us PROUD

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 03:20 AM

A short video of the parade and a bunch of pics. Indy and the Hemi cars never disappoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF--bveErYo&feature=em-upload_owner#action=share

Early this am:

First ROund:

THE FINALS:

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 03:59 AM

NICE PICTS!!

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 04:58 AM

As Stepanik said on Down Periscope; "Now that was fun!!!!!!" Congrats to Rick and crew and they ALL signed my Happy Gilmore runner up check.

And thanks to David, Brad & Darin and the Holts for the product and help. Frito, Bales and my hometown gang. Pigs almost flew.........

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 12:11 PM

Congrats Spyphish!

To be qualified in the middle of some bad-a$$ stick cars and to runner up at Indy...

Last year- tossed
This year- RU
Next year-

Cant wait for the new ride to be finished. Spyphish is a PLAYER!!
Posted By: Mopar Grandpa

Re: Hemi Shootout Champ - 08/31/13 12:14 PM

Quote:

As Stepanik said on Down Periscope; "Now that was fun!!!!!!" Congrats to Rick and crew and they ALL signed my Happy Gilmore runner up check.

And thanks to David, Brad & Darin and the Holts for the product and help. Frito, Bales and my hometown gang. Pigs almost flew.........

Congratulations on an awesome day and an awesome show from all the HEMI cars.

Re: hemi shootout at maple grove - 08/31/13 12:32 PM

Quote:

Perhaps you ah guys can find it within you to put some black tape over your numbers at indy for jeff.

On a side note: The only AH car I've seen with two thin stripes through their numbers was...

the Brooks/Mountjoy/Houser car

Re: Indy R/U - 08/31/13 07:24 PM

Phish and Frito...
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Indy R/U - 08/31/13 09:48 PM

Re: Indy R/U - 08/31/13 11:50 PM

Congrats very cool pic.

Re: Indy R/U - 09/01/13 05:28 AM

Congrats Rick Houser,very impressive! also now Stephen ,you have a taste of something very special, Great job!

Re: Indy R/U - 09/01/13 03:31 PM

charlie im not sure if it is your car or your fathers car,either way very nice touch with the sticker for jeff.

Re: Indy R/U - 09/01/13 09:06 PM

Class Act Charlie, Jeff acknowledgement

Re: Indy R/U - 09/02/13 02:34 AM

Stephen, great job. A Barracuda in a pool of Great Whites. Great driving.

Re: Indy R/U - 09/02/13 07:39 PM

It was a great Indy this year. 1st of all, a big congratulations to Rick and Stephen in the finals. It was great to see everyone again, even though we all missed Jeff and Tim. I was able to share birthday cake with many of the guys (thanks to Jerry, Nick, Dan for the cake). Thanks to Mopar and Dale for the $$$ for the Hemi Challenge. Mopar said that we will be back next year for the 50th anniversary of the Hemi. I would also like to say thank you to all the fans of this type of racing. "Dyno Dan Zrust. Gold Coast Hemi Racing
Posted By: 300by500

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 09/03/13 05:14 AM

Re: Indy 2013 SS/AH - 09/03/13 06:45 AM

that picture is soooooo BA!

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/19/13 02:26 PM

I have foregone the pain
and skipped the Dallas rain;

will head to the Dutch to get some MORE
sporting a new set of FIRECORE!!!!

Attached picture 7857987-IMG_0239.JPG

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/19/13 07:50 PM

Thanks so much for the trust, so a win at the Dutch is a Must.

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/24/13 02:29 PM

No clutch for the Dutch.

Attached picture 7863864-IMG_0244.JPG

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/24/13 08:21 PM

since when were tube k members and rack and pinion legal in ss?
Posted By: Gary Jennings

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/24/13 10:24 PM

now that's funny. like the tech man told the guy that rolled into the lanes with the super stock gt car that was built at bickel's several years ago " super gas is over there" the look on bruce's face would be priceless. LIVE ACTION

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/25/13 12:57 AM

Gary that car was allowed in the end though wasnt it?
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/25/13 01:15 AM

nice iron block too ??

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/25/13 02:26 AM

Dudes! For 2013 there is no rules! It will be at the Dutch so bring some Bens and tear me down. Just kidding of course. Kinda' like when we sent a CAD head drawing to D4 Wes which had us cutting the intake side of the head past the rail, then using a spacer yata yata yata. He said SURE, you have a Comp license???

Maybe next year.
Posted By: Gary Jennings

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/25/13 03:46 PM

i thought they should of let it run that day just because the people at bickel's shop had nhra tech officials there to look at it several times. they also sent pictures to nhra through the build for their approval. it was all approved but not in wrighting. i know this for a fact because i talked to the man doing the work on it some about the build. just shows the knowledge of some tech officials. i think after the lawyers got involved and a few changes were made the owner got to run it. i heard it is now owned and being run by some people i know (won't give name but really good people and i don't want to cause them any problems). my lawyer told me once ,if it isn't in wrighting and signed it didn't happen.

Re: On to the Dutch - 09/25/13 08:39 PM

i remember seeing it at edgewater ,and it seemed pretty flakey to me at the time. by todays standards ,,not so much...baby steps ,and here we are today

Dutch Car count - 09/27/13 12:35 AM

1. Hard

2. Barton

3. Wolkwitz

4. Daniels

5. Teuton

6. Pancake

7. Campbell

8. Hebert

9. Jr

10. Sr

11. Howes

12. Booker

13. Perkins

14. Welker

15. Comella

16. Mantas

17. Baughman????

18. Bucky ????

19. Frito in Reher-Phish (Rare Fish)

Attached picture 7867036-IMG_0240.JPG
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Dutch Car count - 10/05/13 02:34 AM

I need some info on how to get in touch with Mark Janaky, the Historian of the 68 Hemi A bodies.

Mark J - 10/05/13 04:52 AM

Doc, he on FB under his name

Re: Mark J - 10/05/13 01:40 PM

he is 68hemiss on here.
Posted By: BOSSHEMI

Re: Dutch Car count - 10/05/13 02:07 PM

who has actually entered?

Re: Dutch Car count - 10/05/13 02:23 PM

I hope Doug walker brings extra batteries for his flash
Cause to the AH pits he will surely dash
Each year at the The Dutch there is something new
This year is will be white,red and blue

Re: Dutch Car count - 10/05/13 02:30 PM

Quote:

who has actually entered?

One thru sixteen are there for sure. Some may have two cars. Should be a good race.

Re: Dutch Car count - 10/06/13 01:28 AM

I wish I could be there. Good luck to all. Dyno

Teens?? - 10/06/13 04:09 AM

Attached picture 7877539-IMG_0246.JPG
Posted By: Doug Walker

Re: Teens?? - 10/06/13 04:26 AM

Hey Spyphish !

That Holley "washing machine" that is sitting on top of that intake manifold
just might not pass tech. You might want to double check.

Because I care . . . . . . . . Doug

Re: Teens?? - 10/06/13 04:30 AM

if momentum counts....everybody is behind you,by the way,better clean off a shelf for a new wally................
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Dutch Car count - 10/06/13 05:20 AM

Quote:

I need some info on how to get in touch with Mark Janaky, the Historian of the 68 Hemi A bodies.

Thanks for the help guys. I talked to Mark this afternoon.

Re: Teens?? - 10/06/13 01:52 PM

Doug, that little blue darling peeking over the top of that white car will pass tech. What's cool is Darin's heads will pass next year as well. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

PS Fern sent me your shirts. I won't even charge you diesel.

Dutch - 10/11/13 04:36 AM

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Run fast and stay dry! Wish I was there. Dyno
Posted By: SSHemi364

Re: Dutch - 10/11/13 05:22 PM

The Dutch Classic is cancel due rain..

Re: Dutch - 10/11/13 06:23 PM

Quote:

Joey are you guys there? I wish I could have been there but I had surgery Monday and racing is all done for me this year. Jake

Re: Dutch - 10/12/13 08:34 PM

Quote:

Damn that sucks. Quick run down here to Florida weather is great, that way I can watch you guys run.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: Dutch - 10/12/13 09:18 PM

Not being rescheduled either.
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Teens?? - 10/13/13 06:56 PM

Quote:

Doug, that little blue darling peeking over the top of that white car will pass tech. What's cool is Darin's heads will pass next year as well. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

PS Fern sent me your shirts. I won't even charge you diesel.

Hey Stephen,

Speaking of shirts, where's yours at??? I'm still waiting.......

Re: Teens?? - 10/18/13 01:50 PM

All I have are RMRE shirts. Here is a post Dutch pic of new car with Holts.

Attached picture 7891746-IMG_0256.JPG

Re: Teens?? - 10/18/13 05:13 PM

Love the new car. Hopefully will get to see it in person someday.

Re: Teens?? - 10/18/13 10:36 PM

Quote:

All I have are RMRE shirts. Here is a post Dutch pic of new car with Holts.

Are they the plain RMRE shirts, or is the Cuda on them??

Re: Teens?? - 10/30/13 04:34 PM

Now that we have something to work with, just may do some Cuda shirts this winter. You get the first.

Attached picture 7905741-Evadale_0Raceway_0_7The_0Invasion_0of_0Evadale_7-October-26-133-L[1].jpg

Lloyd Wofford at Vegas - 11/04/13 02:32 AM

Congratulations on a good showing at the LODRS in Vegas. Dyno

Re: Teens?? - 11/08/13 12:51 AM

Hey Stephen,

I sent you a PM
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Teens?? - 11/08/13 08:04 PM

I did not think you could run an aftermarket tubular front end in SS. Have the rules changed? Or will you remove the tubular one in the Reher Cuda and replace it with the normal chopped up and modified stock version?
awesome car
Jerry

Re: Teens?? - 11/09/13 02:36 PM

If it is put into AH, a Holt SS front suspension will be added as well as a few other parts. But it's pretty neat as it sits.

We will be running a two car RMRE team next year, a red car and a blue car. Belle Rose in March.

Attached picture 7917475-Evadale_0Raceway_0_7The_0Invasion_0of_0Evadale_7-October-26-133-L[1].jpg

Re: Teens?? - 11/19/13 03:24 AM

theres an echo in here,everybody lose their greencards?

Re: Teens?? - 11/20/13 03:24 PM

just noticed nhra posted the rule revisions and removed the "except ss/ah"....looks like the old rule applies...clear as mud as usual

New for 2014 - 12/18/13 06:59 AM

Any new news for 2014? It has been quiet on here. Take care everyone. Dyno

Re: New for 2014 - 12/18/13 01:46 PM

Tim Hebert Inaugural Hemi Chootout March 21-22 at Cajun Sports Nationals. Just started working on details with Lil' Joe and Frito this week. Cash purse, trophy, plaques for various feats (like beating Jr. LOL), cookout for crews etc etc. If you have an AH car OR like watching them, mark you calendar and come celebrate Tim's racing accomplishments with the Division Four Good Guys. Official press release soon as we are still gathering sponsors.

Dyno, good minds run together so thanks for asking. Plow your way out as we are low 70's today with 11:30 tee times.

PS My Who Dats in a funk!!!!
Posted By: JC Childress

Re: New for 2014 - 12/18/13 07:54 PM

Thats awesome. I'd love to be able to go to this race. I tip my hat to ya'll for putting it on.

Re: New for 2014 - 12/20/13 05:31 PM

Quote:

Tim Hebert Inaugural Hemi Chootout March 21-22 at Cajun Sports Nationals. Just started working on details with Lil' Joe and Frito this week. Cash purse, trophy, plaques for various feats (like beating Jr. LOL), cookout for crews etc etc. If you have an AH car OR like watching them, mark you calendar and come celebrate Tim's racing accomplishments with the Division Four Good Guys. Official press release soon as we are still gathering sponsors.

Dyno, good minds run together so thanks for asking. Plow your way out as we are low 70's today with 11:30 tee times.

PS My Who Dats in a funk!!!!

I'm glad to hear something like this is being planned. Its just another reason why the Sportsnationals is so great! Well I for one am excited and will be in the house spectating. A little racing, some food at Cypress Café, a few hemi's, cic race, comp eliminator, and great people equals a very good time.

Kudos to lil Joe and Mr. Hebert for putting this hemi event on!

Inaugural Tim Hebert Hemi Chootout - 12/20/13 06:33 PM

Tim certainly had MANY friends. Joe and I have been overwhelmed with support for this race and we just started this week. Confirmed purse to date $12k. Frito handling vendor door prize coupons and plaques.

Confirmed entries:
Rory Hebert (Tim's Son) Not a dry eye on that first launch.
Lil Joe
Phish Hebert
Wofford
Paillot
Kent (Watch out for this one)
Henson
Comella
Zrust
Daniels
Wolk
Barton
Campbell
Pancake
Perkins

Probable:
Howes
Sr
Jr
Moore

Ya'll need to work on:
Bob Kobilski (of course)
Hard
Hess
Bales
Welker
Sorry if I left any out, I am OLD!
Lots of West Coast cars but we don't normally see them until Vegas in April.

This is going to be FUN!!!!

Re: Inaugural Tim Hebert Hemi Chootout - 12/26/13 03:55 AM

Watch for more info on this exciting race!!

No Problem Raceway (NPR) and Division Four (D4) Good Guys are pleased to announce the Inaugural
Tim Hebert Hemi “Chootout” to be contested during the Cajun Sports Nationals March 21-23, 2014 in
Belle Rose, La. Tim Hebert was a long time NHRA D4 racer who passed away suddenly at age 53 on June
2, 2013 after participating in the NHRA Englishtown National Event. His orange and white 1968
Barracuda has been seen at NHRA and Hemi Shootout events throughout the United States for decades
and will be participating in the inaugural “Chootout” with his son Rory at the wheel. Qualifying for the
$12,000 cash purse and other prizes will be on Friday with “Chootout” on Saturday, March 22. Check
event flyer for exact times. D4 Good Guys: Southland Dodge (Joe Teuton), Steve Kent Services (Steve
Kent), Paillot Bros. Construction (Joe & Jerry Paillot), Engines Inc (Lloyd Wofford), Henson Family
Dealerships (Fred Henson), 3001 (Stephen Hebert) and NPR are proud sponsors of the first event. “If you
have a Hemi car or enjoy watching Hemi cars, be at NPR and participate in the celebration of Tim’s
racing accomplishments,” said long time Southland Dodge teammate Lil’ Joe Tueton. Over twenty
entries are estimated.
© 2024 Moparts Forums