Moparts

survivor buick gs

Posted By: GOLDMYN

survivor buick gs - 10/27/17 07:45 PM

I'm pretty sure I didn't post any pix of my new survivor. 1970 Buick GS 350/315hp with original every thing except tune up stuff. I have the original rims..

Attached picture DSC09541.JPG
Attached picture DSC09546.JPG
Attached picture DSC09543.JPG
Attached picture DSC09536.JPG

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/27/17 07:46 PM

interior matches brown vinyl top

Attached picture DSC09564.JPG
Posted By: floridian

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/27/17 10:56 PM

Really nice.......
Posted By: Tempest

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/27/17 11:26 PM

Very cool! smile
Posted By: Morty426

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/27/17 11:59 PM

Cool - you don't see to many GS350s

Also see you have a license plate theme going on. laugh
Posted By: 70RRINVIOLET6PAK

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/28/17 09:33 PM

Nice...always loved the 70 Buick GS's.Bob
Posted By: jt4406

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/28/17 10:48 PM

I LOVE THAT CAR!!! My mom drove one very similar over 100K miles. She got it used in late 71, drove it every day for 5 years. I still have whats left of it. It was a true stripper, 315hp 350, 4speed, 3.23 positive traction rear (not sure what Buick called them), manual steering, non power 4 wheel drum brakes, no A/C. It was identical outside, white but with a black vinyl top, also it had stock wheels with hubcaps. Interior was black, had bucket seats, a hurst shifter with consolete. We had no clue of how rare it may have been. It was just a car then. We wore it out. Sad.....It was, however, the inspiration (and a parts source) for the Buick I have now (in the pic below with my challenger). The Hurst shifter, tach, clutch pedals, air cleaner on this car came from mom's old car.
Jess

Attached picture bothcars,jpg.jpg
Posted By: crlush

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/29/17 02:13 PM

Nice car! Where did you find that?

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/29/17 04:35 PM

Well, kind of long story, First of all the car was bought new in Denver, Co. Original owner sold it in 1996 to the guy I bought it from. He drove out to Denver and brought it back (sight unseen off Hemmmings Magazine) to Milwaukee. He had it 21 years and drove it to local shows but did neatly nothing to it. He placed an ad on Milwaukee Craigslist. He was a weird guy.He would place the ad and when people showed up, he wouldn't sell the car. I went to his house with money in my pocket and again he said he would think about it. I offered more than the car was worth but still no sale. Fast forward about 2 months and I got a call late one night and the guy says "when you going to pick the car up". next morning we were there and this time I got the car. I didn't get a deal but I've been around cars all my life and never found anything this nice. The option list is: PS,Power disc brakes, am/fm, tilt racing wheel, ac, tinted windows , buckets/console,factory dual exhaust, rear axle is 3:23. not one speck of rust or any damage and while the seats have seam ripped, the rest of the interior is great. The paint is also original and the brown vinyl top and chrome and trim are also in great condition. This car drives down the road perfect and I get 14 mpg if I don't get on it. I know it a GM but this will be my last car. I'm 69 and the chase is over,
Posted By: gch

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/29/17 05:12 PM

Beautiful car!
Posted By: floridian

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/29/17 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By 70RRINVIOLET6PAK

I agree.. Love to have one of those...
Posted By: BigMoneyLewis

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/30/17 04:22 AM

VERY nice !

Greg
Posted By: Greenwood

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/30/17 05:52 AM

Learn something new every day. I did not know of this engine package. How does it stack up to a 340 in terms of real world power and torque?
Posted By: rocksmopar

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/30/17 03:05 PM

Nice Buick

Re: survivor buick gs - 10/30/17 10:40 PM

Thanks everyone. If anybody wants a detailed pix of anything, shoot me a line. Mike
Posted By: racerx

Re: survivor buick gs - 11/06/17 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By floridian
Originally Posted By 70RRINVIOLET6PAK

I agree.. Love to have one of those...

x3 up
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: survivor buick gs - 11/12/17 05:21 AM

Nice !
Posted By: Tempest

Re: survivor buick gs - 11/13/17 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By Greenwood
Learn something new every day. I did not know of this engine package. How does it stack up to a 340 in terms of real world power and torque?

No offense to OP (great car, love it.). They were a moderate HP motors that offered decent performance in the A body Buick. The 340 was seriously under rated motor and when geared properly, would hang with most big stock blocks "back in the day".

Still, that's an awesome find. You can probably tell, I love all (Muscle) cars.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: survivor buick gs - 11/14/17 06:30 PM

Very nice. bow
Friend of mine had a red on black '72 GS350. Beautiful car. up

Tim
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: survivor buick gs - 11/17/17 06:24 AM

Beautiful Buick! Have lots of fun with that one! wave

Re: survivor buick gs - 11/18/17 01:17 AM

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Here's a pix of the build sheet found in the upper half of the back seat. much like a Mopar

Attached picture DSC09762.JPG

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/09/17 11:20 PM

WOW, so many good comments and nothing bad, I thought I would get a nasty comment like " don't post that damn buick on a mopar site", true car guys
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/11/17 10:53 PM

up
Posted By: peabodyracing

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/12/17 01:14 AM

I'll be negative: I HATE YOU!!!!

Actually, I'm just jealous. Great find. Pretty car. Good for you!

My younger brother is a Buick Skylark fanatic, 68-70.

Some years back he called Kenne-Bell (sp) to place an order. When he gave the sales person his name, the guy read off an address in Texas. Long story short, he finds there's a guy in Texas with the same name, who's also a Buick Skylark fanatic. They communicate regularly. The one in Texas is a die hard drag racer.
Posted By: 340challconvert

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/17/17 04:35 PM

Love both cars.

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/21/17 12:32 AM

Bought a new grill, couple of my slats are broken. I don't think anybody will notice.

Attached picture DSC09797.JPG
Posted By: RJS

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/21/17 08:28 PM

I'm a lover of those cars!! You scored a Keeper there. I do have one question, is that the correct master cylinder??

I had a 71 Stage1 car for a few years and my PeeWee coach bought a brand new 70 455 car same colors as yours.

Attached picture IMG_2109 (Large).JPG
Attached picture IMG_2106 (Large).JPG

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/21/17 11:39 PM

Very nice stage 1, WAY above my pay grade. I'm only in the mid 20's on this one. The master cylinder may have been changed, I have no idea until I see an original. I'll post up a better pix and perhaps you can tell me.

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/22/17 12:03 AM

here's the master cylinder. What do you think?

Attached picture DSC09801.JPG

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/22/17 12:05 AM

another

Attached picture DSC09799.JPG

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/22/17 01:54 AM

I think it's wrong but I'm not an expert, time for you to join the V8Buick board. Good information there but you'll quickly realize the Buick guys are maybe even more passionate then us Mopar weirdos but it's even harder to get parts and information for a Buick.
As you seem to know already The Parts Place is a great place for Buick parts.
I wish you the Best of Luck with that kickass ride!!!!
Ron

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/22/17 03:47 AM

I've been trying to log on for the past 3 months, for some reason it won't accept my info and for the life of me i've been unable to contact anybody in charge. not like Moparts
Posted By: efisixpack

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/23/17 04:33 PM

Man, I love those buicks. Yours looks awesome and I love the color combo. My buddy had one in high school which encouraged me to finally pick one up last year. It's not as nice as yours (yet) but it is a numbers matching rust free 71 stage1 convertible. Should make for a nice cruiser if I can stop spending all my cash on the Mopars first lol.
Posted By: FJR doc

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/25/17 04:42 PM

Nice looking GS. A classmate of mine in high school had a brown one with black vinyl top. Our high school parking lot had some very nice muscle back in 1979.

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/25/17 04:50 PM

yes, they do have a decent body line. I'm sure I will get confused with a Chevy...

Attached picture DSC09548.JPG
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: survivor buick gs - 12/30/17 03:46 AM

I LOVE these cars. She's a keeper!
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: survivor buick gs - 01/02/18 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By GOLDMYN
WOW, so many good comments and nothing bad, I thought I would get a nasty comment like " don't post that damn buick on a mopar site", true car guys

I like all brands. Mopars are and always will be my favorite. up
I have strayed on occassion.
'64 Chevelle 327 'vette, 4 spd. 4.11s
'75 T/A 400 4spd. 4.11s One of only 2 cars that ever outran me back in the day. Bought it several years later after the engine blew.
'78 T/A 400 Gold SE Bought it from one of our dealership customers for $900 back in '97.
I would buy another Brand X if the right deal came along. wink

Tim
Posted By: sogtx

Re: survivor buick gs - 01/06/18 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By peabodyracing

Some years back he called Kenne-Bell (sp) to place an order. When he gave the sales person his name, the guy read off an address in Texas. Long story short, he finds there's a guy in Texas with the same name, who's also a Buick Skylark fanatic. They communicate regularly. The one in Texas is a die hard drag racer.

i was gonna say same thing !
your not gonna get one of these liscence plates now are you ?

Attached picture IMG_3130.PNG
Posted By: dart1962_440

Re: survivor buick gs - 01/07/18 02:27 PM

Nice car!

Re: survivor buick gs - 01/07/18 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By sogtx
Originally Posted By peabodyracing

i was gonna say same thing !
your not gonna get one of these liscence plates now are you ?

NO, its only a 350 and a good cruiser, not a drag car
Posted By: silent-H-wheel

Re: survivor buick gs - 01/12/18 10:10 PM

Awesome find! I'm really happy for you. Survivors are sooo cool. I think you have the correct master cylinder. I had a 70 GTO Judge and restored it with the later, "square corner" type and got knocked in points judging for that, so that's why I think the rounded one you have is correct. But, I'm not a Buick expert. That's a great body style. Probably the best year for the GS. Enjoy it and have fun with it.

Re: survivor buick gs - 01/13/18 05:02 PM

Thanks John, yes, many of the cars I see, have that master cylinder.

Re: survivor buick gs - 02/01/18 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By GOLDMYN
Thanks John, yes, many of the cars I see, have that master cylinder.

That would be great if it's right. When I had my 71 I became a 71 mini expert so 70 I don't have knowledge with.
Ron

Re: survivor buick gs - 02/07/18 01:20 AM

here's a pix of my original spare tire

Attached picture DSC09844.JPG
Attached picture DSC09845.JPG
Posted By: dmoore

Re: survivor buick gs - 04/16/18 04:54 AM

Great car!
© 2024 Moparts Forums