Moparts

The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. UPDATE- Its gone home

Posted By: gtx6970

The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. UPDATE- Its gone home - 09/27/17 07:20 PM

Project has taken far to long .....for a multitude of reasons.(maybe a story for another time).

1968 Charger RT. 440 spd. . 4.10 Dana. Power steering and power disc brakes added.
Original exterior color is EE1. Interior was converted to white (originally black ) during the restoration.

Edit- Pictures added

Attached picture right-front.jpg
Attached picture left-rear.jpg
Attached picture interior1.jpg
Attached picture interior2.jpg
Posted By: MoparJunkie

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 09/27/17 10:26 PM

Bill, can you shoot me some more pics of the interior? I'm changing the superbee to white interior, and I'm curious as to what is black and what is white.... a pillars, kick panels in particuliar! Thanks
Posted By: jeff968

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 09/27/17 10:42 PM

Nice, so is that EE1? What is that color called?

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 09/27/17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By jeff968

Yes Its EE1. A LOT of time was spent matching areas of the car where you could still see the original paint.

He was [-] that close to going with QQ1 instead. I did a spray out of both colors and that was the final push it took to convince him keep it EE1
Color is just called Dark Blue poly. In my garage and until I turn the lights on or open the garage doors, it looks black in person its that dark. But once out in the sunlight IT POPS big time

Attached picture 1968-Dodge-pg01.jpg
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 09/27/17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By jeff968

Dark Blue Poly

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 09/27/17 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By 70HemiShaker
Bill, can you shoot me some more pics of the interior? I'm changing the superbee to white interior, and I'm curious as to what is black and what is white.... a pillars, kick panels in particular! Thanks

White seats, door panels, upper door pads ( coronet doenst have ) headliner, headliner trim , rear glass trim. - All white.

Dash, kick panels, seat belts, carpet, console , steering column , upper windshield trim moulding and A pillars all black

On a 68 the white is a pearl that pictures DO NOT do it justice. Trust me , its looks absolutely killer in person. Come up and take a look for yourself , your close enough. But the car leaves next Friday afternoon for home.

Attached picture 20170923_164926.jpg
Attached picture 20170923_154028.jpg
Posted By: Finoke

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 09/28/17 04:47 PM

Nice!!!
Posted By: floridian

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 09/28/17 07:40 PM

BAck in the day, a friend had a 67 GTO with white interior... We were pretty anal about our cars and I remember him walking around with a bottle of interior cleaner in one hand and a towel in the other hand most of the time..... LOL

Those interior pics brought back that memory... LOL, the good ole days

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 10/02/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By gtx6970
Originally Posted By 70HemiShaker
Bill, can you shoot me some more pics of the interior? I'm changing the superbee to white interior, and I'm curious as to what is black and what is white.... a pillars, kick panels in particular! Thanks

White seats, door panels, upper door pads ( coronet doenst have ) headliner, headliner trim , rear glass trim. - All white.

Dash, kick panels, seat belts, carpet, console , steering column , upper windshield trim moulding and A pillars all black

On a 68 the white is a pearl that pictures DO NOT do it justice. Trust me , its looks absolutely killer in person. Come up and take a look for yourself , your close enough. But the car leaves next Friday afternoon for home.

I may try to get up there? I'll give you a call if I can get free. Thanks for the info, Bill!!!!

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 10/10/17 04:20 PM

UPDATE

Greg,
its gone home. Should be terrorizing the North Dayton Ohio streets soon

Attached picture interior-B.jpg
Attached picture interiorA.jpg
Attached picture right-rear.jpg

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 10/10/17 04:45 PM

Sweet... The pics you have taken have helped! Thanks Bill!!!!
Posted By: Morty426

Re: The end is near. 1968 Charger RT. - 10/18/17 10:11 AM

Great looking car
© 2024 Moparts Forums