Moparts

'79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body)

Posted By: OrangeProwler

'79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body) - 01/02/16 06:51 AM

I purchased this car and have done a mod or two already. Not going to do too much to it. It's a '79 Cordoba with a 360 that has a 340 camshaft, 2.5" dual exhaust, 4bbl conversion with no more lean burn, A999 transmission and 8.25 rear axle. Still has the 2.45 gears in it. Runs decent. Some people have seen it on other forums but, I figure I would show it off here. Was repainted in 1998 and has new bushings in the suspension and a few other things. Has bucket seats with a jump seat in the middle. Decent cruiser and look to enjoy it more when warmer weather comes.

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/02/16 06:57 AM

Couple more shots...

Posted By: Tempest

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/02/16 03:12 PM

Very nice!

I bet that cruises nice at 70 MPH down the freeway.
Posted By: JcodeCharger

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/02/16 07:49 PM

Very cool. My grandparents bought a 77 Charger new with the 360 4 bbl. Cushy ride for sure!
Posted By: Rick Ray

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/03/16 02:54 PM

Nice ride,I have a 76 pretty much stock for now.

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/03/16 04:00 PM

Thank you for the comments thus far. Here's what it looked like originally. I still have the factory steel wheels along with a set of NOS wheel covers and centers to go with the car. It does drive pretty decent. I think it needs some new shocks and I have an A/C hose leaking it looks like but, I have a spare hose. So, we'll see what happens.

It does have power windows, rear defroster, cruise and tilt as well. The previous owner also already installed a CD Player. My next upgrades, I have planned are to install new shocks, Dynomax Ultraflo Mufflers and a headlight relay kit on it. The car has Cherry Bomb Turbo Mufflers but, the welds are starting to look a bit aged so I was able to score the Dynomax for a decent price.

Anyways, here's what the car looked like when I got it. Some might recognize from it Carlisle.

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/03/16 04:09 PM

While I like the Cherry Bomb Mufflers here is how the internals kind of work and they are kind of quiet.

vs.

The Ultraflos which should be a little louder and flow just a little bit better.

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/04/16 07:16 PM

Decided to add an engine shot and a view from the driver's seat. The engine bay needs some detailing. The engine needs some valve cover gaskets which I have stored in the garage. Thinking of tracking down a pad for underneath the hood.

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser - 01/04/16 07:27 PM

Here's another shot of the engine bay. Need to paint those braces too.

And here's a rear shot as well..

Posted By: 68dodge

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body) - 01/18/16 01:35 PM

Very nice car. I like this body style. Here is a picture of my 79 Chrysler 300. This was the muscle car for 79 that Chrysler built. These cars are forgotten. I drive this car every where.

Attached picture 100_1365.JPG
Attached picture 100_1369.JPG

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body) - 01/21/16 06:35 AM

That's a nice 300. I had a deal on a white/red 79 Cordoba from WA but, the guys wife talked him out of it. The thing that enticed me to this car was the lot of NOS parts I got with it and the work that's been done thus far. I was almost tempted to purchase a Monte Carlo or similar but, those cars bring more money than these. Considering what the other two manufacturers offered in 79 I still think this was the better looking of the 1979 cars of course if you don't count the Trans Am and Dodge Magnum.

Now, I just need another 1979 Lil' Red Express to go with this car. Anyways, no updates on the car. Bought a couple of small things like a headlight switch, brake pedal pad, and aftermarket brake pedal trim which don't fit all that great. Hopefully, will be adding some new shocks sometime later on in the year and doing a few other things.
Posted By: crlush

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body) - 02/11/16 08:37 PM

Nice cordoba, I had one same color but dark blue vinyl top, blue corduroy bench seats, 318ci, I swear it was the nicest riding car I've owned. I wouldn't mind another one but would stuff a 440 in it.

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body) - 02/25/16 01:37 AM

They drive pretty decent. I still have a ways to go on this one as it needs a little more than I thought but, we'll see. Worse case you could always buy a '78 with a 400 big block since that was the last year of the big block in a B-Body.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body) - 08/06/17 06:18 AM

Not a Magnum, but very cool, both of them wink

Re: '79 Cordoba Cruiser (Forgotten B-Body) - 08/07/17 03:41 PM

Thank you Bill. I was looking for a Magnum when they came along. I still prefer the Magnum styling so we'll see what happens down the road. Haven't really done any work to the car in a while. Life has gotten in the way as we all know too well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums