Moparts

70 Challenger "Barn Find"

Posted By: Milan

70 Challenger "Barn Find" - 01/24/09 11:48 AM

This is an anniversary present for my wife. She shares my interest in this hobby so it seemed fitting to hook her up with her own hotrod. Here is a pic of the 70 Challenger The day I dragged it home and another picture after some rubbing compound and a buffer. We will be reskinning the quarters and repowering it with a 440 since the kids dont want to ride in mamas car on cruise night because it "needs a big block". My 454 Chevelle always leaves her in the dust.
Milan

Attached picture 4969522-70Challenger005.jpg

Re: 70 Challenger "Barn Find" - 01/24/09 11:50 AM

Here is the second picture. I was able to get pictures from the second owner of the car at the mopar nationals...sort of a photo documentary of the cars history.

Milan

Attached picture 4969524-p8260405jx7.jpg
Posted By: JS29

Re: 70 Challenger "Barn Find" - 01/25/09 03:42 AM

I see you're in Westlake. Where was the car when you bought it? Just another curious Cleveland area mopar nut.
Posted By: HemiChallenger

Re: 70 Challenger "Barn Find" - 01/25/09 03:59 AM

Car sure cleaned up good from the looks of it! I like it
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: 70 Challenger "Barn Find" - 01/25/09 04:08 AM

Great present. Looks like it's in real good shape.

Re: 70 Challenger "Barn Find" - 01/25/09 05:28 AM

We found the car in North Olmsted. I used to drive by the car going to my parents for sunday lunch. It was sitting outside for 4-5 years and I would joke with My wife that I was going to "boost" the car and leave another in it's place. One spring day in 2006 the owners were there and my wife made me stop and ask about it. I told her that given the current market in the hobby, that there was no way we could afford it. Well after some convincing from my wife we pulled in and and I made the deal of a lifetime. I landed this car for less than it would have cost in the 80's. I flushed the fuel system replaced a hose clamp and pumped some refrigerant into the Challenger its been a driver for the last 3 years.

Great present for a great woman.
Milan
Posted By: HemiChallenger

Re: 70 Challenger "Barn Find" - 01/25/09 02:38 PM

Wow sounds like your wifes a keeper. Influencing you TO STOP...unlike most who do not want you to stop saying you already have enough cars
© 2024 Moparts Forums