Moparts

Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car

Posted By: MuscleMopars

Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/03/15 11:53 PM

Just found this more or less one owner very original 1970 Charger R/T 440 console auto. It is all numbers matching, engine and trans have never been out of the car, interior is all original even carpet, car was repainted once back in the early '80's. I checked the numbers, all there and original, even has original carb, dist and rad! They masked off the stripe when they painted it back then. A very solid car with a little lower 1/4 rust but not too bad. Rest of the car is rock solid. It was found in a small town in northern MN near the Canadian border. Original owner died last year, his niece got the car, she sold it to a small dealer in their town, I got it from him. Original owner is in the snowmobile racing hall of fame. A big deal in the north country!!! Car came with original bill of sale, cancelled check from purchase, owners manual and some receipts. The only modifications were a radio swap (original came with the car) and a cruise control was put on in '72. Paperwork for cruise is in the glovebox! I looked for a broadcast sheet and found two! But not for this car. The two matched and were for a Purple 440 Charger R/T built during the same time. Cool car!

Attached picture 8447779-70ChargerRT1.jpg

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/03/15 11:54 PM

pic 2

Attached picture 8447781-70ChargerRT2.jpg

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/03/15 11:55 PM

pic 3

Attached picture 8447786-70ChargerRT3.jpg

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/03/15 11:55 PM

Cruise control

Attached picture 8447789-70ChargerRT4.jpg

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/03/15 11:56 PM

Stripe

Attached picture 8447791-70ChargerRT5.jpg

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 12:00 AM

interior

Attached picture 8447797-70ChargerRT6.jpg

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 12:11 AM

back seat

Attached picture 8447812-70ChargerRT7.jpg
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 04:42 AM

What size wheel? Can you show a picture of the cruise control switch?

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 05:08 AM

Quote:

What size wheel? Can you show a picture of the cruise control switch?

It has 14" wheels. Here is the cruise switch,

Attached picture 8448294-70ChargerRT8.jpg
Posted By: Tempest

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 04:18 PM

Very cool.
Posted By: Finoke

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 04:33 PM

I like this one! Nice find
Posted By: taxidermy man

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 07:25 PM

Would you care to share who the snowmobile hall of fame member is? I'm into old race sleds. Quite a find.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/04/15 08:04 PM

That is cool! I'd put some white letter tires on it and drive the snot out of it!
Posted By: jeff968

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/06/15 11:55 PM

Sweet!!!
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/07/15 01:31 AM

Cool Car
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/07/15 02:22 AM

Nice, how much you want for it?

Rick.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/13/15 07:41 AM

Quote:

Just found this more or less one owner . . . Original owner died last year, his niece got the car, she sold it to a small dealer in their town, I got it from him.

Eric, you just told us thet you are the 4th owner, so how is this a one owner car? Just trying to learn how this math works. thanks.
Posted By: SGTFURY62

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/13/15 09:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just found this more or less one owner . . . Original owner died last year, his niece got the car, she sold it to a small dealer in their town, I got it from him.

Eric, you just told us thet you are the 4th owner, so how is this a one owner car? Just trying to learn how this math works. thanks.

Great find Eric! And I think most of us got what you meant by more or less one owner car.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/14/15 09:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Typical flipper hyperbole.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/14/15 09:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. It's been transferred, sold to a dealer, and now sold to a new owner, Don't make a big deal out of the one owner comment, cause it's NO BIG DEAL.

Cool car! What's the bright yellow hose on the passenger side of engine compartment???
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/15/15 02:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. It's been transferred, sold to a dealer, and now sold to a new owner, Don't make a big deal out of the one owner comment, cause it's NO BIG DEAL.

Cool car! What's the bright yellow hose on the passenger side of engine compartment???

OK Flip, Its JUST a YELLO hose the original owner put there. WHY do you make such a big deal about that hose.

If you buy it you also get the bright yello hose!!!!
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/15/15 07:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Im sure the OP will make it a big deal when he re-lists it for sale soon, if not already
Posted By: Finoke

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/15/15 02:04 PM

I like it that the poster is throwing out feelers to the moparts crowd first. It looks like a nice clean desirable car. Its hard to lock in on something like this once it hits ebay.
Posted By: dmoore

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/18/15 02:27 AM

Love the new find Eric Thanks for posting it here FIRST

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/18/15 02:55 AM

Quote:

I like it that the poster is throwing out feelers to the moparts crowd first. It looks like a nice clean desirable car. Its hard to lock in on something like this once it hits ebay.

Quote:

Love the new find Eric Thanks for posting it here FIRST

Thank you both. I appreciate you both understanding the big picture. I always post my finds here first. The haters seem to always hate and find something negative to say and once in awhile a few get it.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/18/15 03:10 AM

I bought a one owner car once. I shook the hand of the man that bought the 64 Savoy from the Chrysler dealer in 1964 and gave him the money, he signed the car over to me. That's how the one owner deal works for anyone that doesn't understand it. When I sold it I sold it to the third owner. It seems a lot of "hobbiests" don't understand that.

Sheldon

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/18/15 03:27 AM

Quote:

I bought a one owner car once. I shook the hand of the man that bought the 64 Savoy from the Chrysler dealer in 1964 and gave him the money, he signed the car over to me. That's how the one owner deal works for anyone that doesn't understand it. When I sold it I sold it to the third owner. It seems a lot of "hobbiests" don't understand that.

Sheldon

The original owner was dead in my case. He left it to his niece who didn't want it so she sold it to a car dealer in their small town. I said it was more or less a one owner car. Not hard to understand. Maybe I should have said one owner until he died last year...
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/26/15 05:49 AM

Wordsmith. "Not hard to understand."

Or is it?
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/27/15 01:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sheldon

The original owner was dead in my case. He left it to his niece who didn't want it so she sold it to a car dealer in their small town. I said it was more or less a one owner car. Not hard to understand. Maybe I should have said one owner until he died last year...

more or less?
thats some real fuzzy math you got going on there..
you are the 4th owner claiming to have a one owner car!
by the way you see it, i can call most of my junk one owner also! more or less..
Posted By: booger

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/27/15 01:50 PM

All cars are one owner, more or less.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/27/15 03:52 PM

Now on Ebay for you buyers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111629758465?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/30/15 04:50 PM

I like the car.
No matter how many owners it had

Carsten
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: Just found 1 owner 70 Charger R/T very original car - 03/30/15 11:42 PM

Quote:

I like the car.
No matter how many owners it had

Carsten

© 2024 Moparts Forums