Moparts

70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home

Posted By: dssaa

70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/05/24 05:18 AM

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/763548905841934

So I got ahold of this guy right after the ad went up and have first dibs on it when he is back in town. Wanted to build a Superbird with my son, but as you can see...there is a problem. I still think its a great resto candidate, and I have never seen a DY3 Roadrunner before. Asking price is firm. I am pretty certain I am hauling it home. Engine is probably junk, not matching anyways so maybe a candidate for a modern update. What are your opinions of this Roadrunner. To me, its a no brainer. But I have been accused of having no brains before....so just checking.
Posted By: 69x

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/05/24 01:06 PM

Dont see that color much, put it back the way it was, never understood the mindset if its not numbers matching people think its not worth putting back as original.
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/05/24 03:19 PM

Looks like good floors if the frame rails are solid a good start. I had an RM23 '70 that was DY3 as well. It's back to that color and in Canada now.
RT
Posted By: topside

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/05/24 03:31 PM

Not sure I've seen Y3 before, either; looks a lot - not surprisingly - like my Y2 '69 RR.
Seats look like Coronet pattern.
A/C car, doesn't look too awful in photos, but how much is missing ?
If the parts are there, and you can restore it properly yourself, the entry fee may not be too much in today's market.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/05/24 09:09 PM

Great candidate, love post cars and a rare color. I would build it with the correct engine/trans combo, IMO it is more interesting and better looking than a modern setup in a vintage muscle car.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/05/24 10:20 PM

If you end up getting the car, leave it as a Road Runner! AND... paint it
DY3! I myself have never seen one, this particular color in person. Looks like a great father/son project! up
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/05/24 10:41 PM

My 70 Road Runner convertible project that I sold last year was DY3 originally. Had I kept the car I would have painted it FY1. Out of the 824 70 Road Runner convertible cars built, there couldn't have been too many that came from the factory in DY3.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/08/24 04:13 PM

So what color is DY3?
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/08/24 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
So what color is DY3?

Cream, a very pale yellow
Posted By: A990

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/08/24 05:03 PM

DY3= Cream.

Attached picture DY3RR.PNG
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/11/24 12:40 AM

Looks like a great starting point.
as far as what to use for the drive train, are you buying the car as an investment, or are you buying the car to build and enjoy it the way you always have wanted one?

Don't change the reason you are buying the car to please these guys here. Buy it and build it the way you want it to be. Let the next guy do what ever he wants, you are the care taker until it moves to the next guy, when ever that might be.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/11/24 12:45 AM

Still showing for sale. Maybe if he passes one of you giddie color guys can buy it and do it proper. catfight
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: 70 Roadrunner I am probably bringing home - 04/17/24 10:45 AM

DY3 is a horrible colour to me, too.

We have a 70 RR in DY3 in germany. And it is painted that colour, too

Carsten
© 2024 Moparts Forums