Moparts

1967 Barracuda bb on c-list

Posted By: Beebuzzn

1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/07/24 05:08 PM

Neat car and history. To bad for the few mods, but was the common thing back then.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/kirkland-1967-plymouth-barracuda-18k/7714811536.html
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/07/24 06:54 PM

Thanks for posting. I like the car and am a fan of the mods though I get others may not. $58K is likely too strong of an ask even with the documentation and low miles. I have never seen or heard of any paint inlay. I assume the dealer had that done locally?
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/07/24 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS
Thanks for posting. I like the car and am a fan of the mods though I get others may not. $58K is likely too strong of an ask even with the documentation and low miles. I have never seen or heard of any paint inlay. I assume the dealer had that done locally?

I'm thinking that the paint inlay they're describing is a "lace paint job" in those areas.
That's what it looks like to me, but there's not enough detailed pics showing it to tell.
Obviously not factory, whether it was done at the dealer or a custom shop who knows.

Depending on the paint used (probably lacquer), it might be able to be removed without hurting the cars paint.

That or leave it with it's vintage look and just cruise it and enjoy it with it's vintage custom stuff intact.
Posted By: usp4u

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/08/24 01:41 PM

They just HAD to cut the fenderwells. mad
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/08/24 04:46 PM

I just sold a GG1 green 67 383 Formula S fastback with the console Inland and head rests, good running survivor needing paint but no damage, wish I would have kept it. $58K is way over the top for this one... twocents
Posted By: BloFish

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/08/24 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I just sold a GG1 green 67 383 Formula S fastback with the console Inland and head rests, good running survivor needing paint but no damage, wish I would have kept it. $58K is way over the top for this one... twocents

Not when the front fenders are worth $1,200 each wink
Posted By: topside

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/08/24 07:12 PM

Seems pretty much an in-period street racer.
The original paint is a bonus, and the lace stuff could likely be buffed off if desired.
Engine compartment could be returned to stock with enough time & some money.
I'm thinking that price is driven more by emotion than market research...
But then again, BB 4-speed Barracudas aren't exactly falling out of the trees, and some folks like that overall look.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/08/24 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish
Originally Posted by Rhinodart

Not when the front fenders are worth $1,200 each wink

Any car parted out can be worth more than the whole. I sold 4-67 383 Barracuda's in the last two years, they are NOT that uncommon... wave
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/09/24 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by topside
The original paint is a bonus, and the lace stuff could likely be buffed off if desired.
But then again, BB 4-speed Barracudas aren't exactly falling out of the trees, and some folks like that overall look.

The underside has a look of freshly painted black. But would need to verify.

Seems like the lower end of the "survivor" spectrum.

67 383's are the least valuable of the 67-69 run. The 67's lacked stock performance. I think a 67 Dart is more desirable. So that puts the 67 Barracuda 383 and the bottom of all 67-69 Barracuda and Dart 383 cars.
Posted By: topside

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/09/24 02:45 AM

^^^ Agree, though I find Barracuda fastbacks more attractive than Darts.
Peak A-body for me is '68 Formula S 340 and '70-'72 Duster 340s...
Posted By: klunick

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/09/24 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by topside

The underside has a look of freshly painted black. But would need to verify.

Seems like the lower end of the "survivor" spectrum.

67 383's are the least valuable of the 67-69 run. The 67's lacked stock performance. I think a 67 Dart is more desirable. So that puts the 67 Barracuda 383 and the bottom of all 67-69 Barracuda and Dart 383 cars.

This was exactly my thought. That was not painted very long ago either so it isn't something her dad did back in the day. Besides that the car doesn't look aweful. 58k though???? I have one that is going into paint in a couple of months after sitting on a roto and having major surgery. My guess is 64k when I'm done with a 416 under the hood, frame connectors, torque boxes, new quarters, floor pans, whole new interior, new rear from Cass, swapped the front to big bolt pattern, etc. Car will be better than the day it rolled off the factory floor. Yeah, it would not be a formula S, but still, 58 is way too steep. Heck, I was thinking if I sold mine, what, 40kish?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/09/24 05:07 PM

What no mention buy anyone of the wheel cylinders that are pouring fluid out on the tire...
Posted By: formula_s

Re: 1967 Barracuda bb on c-list - 02/09/24 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
What no mention buy anyone of the wheel cylinders that are pouring fluid out on the tire...

It looks like a disc brake car, calipers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums