Moparts

WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie?

Posted By: Troy

WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/25/23 07:23 PM

What is a set of original 426 Hemi heads and narrow pad valve train worth?
These heads are real nice, never hurt, no cracks (have paper work proving it), never O-ringed, all valve guide bosses are perfect. These heads have never been decked. One is dated Nov 67 and the other is Dec 67. Original valves are with the heads, you can still read the part number on the exhaust valves…crazy. Some of the valves have light pitting on the back side but they are still very usable. Very light pitting in intake runners. These have been professionally cleaned and magged.
The rocker assembly are just as nice. Personally I don’t believe they have ever been run. There is no wear on the rocker pads and very light wear on the shafts……like they were mocked up on an engine but never ran.
So what do you think there worth?
Posted By: TJP

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/27/23 03:02 AM

shruggy bump beer
Posted By: Troy

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/27/23 04:52 AM

Lol!… What’s up with this??
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/27/23 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Troy

I have seen complete rocker assemblies selling for around $1400-$1800.

Heads, couple grand. I posted a WIW for heads and a block - I got some replies. Take a peek at the responses.
I think a couple grand is light for good heads.

Sell your car yet?
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/27/23 03:38 PM

Following
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/27/23 04:07 PM

Translation: He didn't have an answer ( shruggy ) , but was replying to bump your thread back to the top ( bump ) to make it easier to see. Cheers! beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/28/23 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike

Translation: He didn't have an answer ( shruggy ) , but was replying to bump your thread back to the top ( bump ) to make it easier to see. Cheers! beer

Correct and thank you for explaining beer
Posted By: dragon slayer

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 10/28/23 02:28 PM

Alot of good choice for Aluminum heads now adays. But if someone need for an OEM restoration. Search Ebay to see. They sound like great shape. I would have them pressure tested though. You would be surprised where leaks can pop up on 55 year old cast iron heads. :-)
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: WIW. Hemi heads and rocker assemblie? - 11/11/23 12:37 AM

I would estimate $2,500 to 3 grand for the whole setup. Once you find the right buyer who really wants the original stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums