Moparts

Own a piece of Chrysler history

Posted By: DaveRS23

Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 12:47 AM

'Wanting that 1 of a kind piece for your man cave??? Extremely rare piece of Mopar automotive test equipment used at Michigans Chelsea Proving Grounds!

From the personal collection of a retired Chrysler worker. This piece of test equipment was used for numerous years and was used to test everything from Slant 6 powered vehicles up to the hemi cars. My understanding is it tested calibration of different items…vehicle speed, tach etc.

This very well may be the actual piece in the vintage photo from there. '

This is a good link:

www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/664985202057608
Posted By: TJP

Re: Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 02:07 AM

Linky no worky frown
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
'Wanting that 1 of a kind piece for your man cave??? Extremely rare piece of Mopar automotive test equipment used at Michigans Chelsea Proving Grounds!

From the personal collection of a retired Chrysler worker. This piece of test equipment was used for numerous years and was used to test everything from Slant 6 powered vehicles up to the hemi cars. My understanding is it tested calibration of different items…vehicle speed, tach etc.

This very well may be the actual piece in the vintage photo from there. '

www.facebook.com/marketplace/?

I saw it, belongs to someone I know. He should fix the link...
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 02:39 PM

I managed to screw up the link. So.................

www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/664985202057608
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 03:52 PM

wow, what a let down. I was expecting more. Something grand vs a dumpster, possibly smuggled out item or who knows.

Clearly not a item one could have miles of conversation with the great grand kids.
Posted By: topside

Re: Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 04:12 PM

Back in the day, they were called "fifth wheels", generally for speed/distance data.
Could be pretty amusing to roll up with one attached at a Cars & Coffee, but very few under 60 would get it.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 04:32 PM

interesting piece

I've been over that 32 degree down grade. it's a lot steeper than it looks in pictures.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Own a piece of Chrysler history - 10/15/23 05:30 PM

Not the same piece unless the R hub in the 1st pic was added later shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums