Moparts

M-code Dart

Posted By: topside

M-code Dart - 10/08/23 04:18 PM

And it ain't cheap !

https://www.hemmings.com/listing/1969-dodge-dart-217781?
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/08/23 04:28 PM

Previously discussed - https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...-new-high-price-for-a-69-gts-m-code.html

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/08/23 05:46 PM

Sorry, guess I missed that or forgot - showed up on my interweb feedbag today.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/08/23 08:43 PM

No need to be sorry. People need to know whenever a car with numbers issues is for sale.

No one wants to buy a car with a felony attached to it.
Posted By: moparx

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/09/23 06:12 PM

keep 'em honest Barry ! up bow
beer
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/10/23 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
No need to be sorry. People need to know whenever a car with numbers issues is for sale.

I always laugh at your posts. I work around dozens of major collectors and most could care less about numbers, they care more about looks and rarity and if the numbers match no matter how, they are fine with it. Have you not hung around Corvette owners? They brag about restamping cars, engines, and transmissions all the time! It may not be right, and there is very little anyone can do about it, but the fact is very few have ever been persued through the proper channels. I go to a lot of auctions and will point out issues when I see them to the people interested, and some do walk away, but the majority don't... work
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/15/23 09:53 PM

At least it could probably out run a needle nose Pete tanker.
Posted By: TJP

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/16/23 12:28 AM

up beer
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/16/23 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

up beer

iagree I agree with this too... and I always laugh at Rhino's posts...so no worries.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/16/23 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart

I always laugh at your posts. I work around dozens of major collectors and most could care less about numbers, they care more about looks and rarity and if the numbers match no matter how, they are fine with it. Have you not hung around Corvette owners? They brag about restamping cars, engines, and transmissions all the time! It may not be right, and there is very little anyone can do about it, but the fact is very few have ever been persued through the proper channels. I go to a lot of auctions and will point out issues when I see them to the people interested, and some do walk away, but the majority don't... work

In the Corvette world numbers matching and original equipment are not the same. Rebodies? No problem. It is kind of weird. They are soooo anal about everything but restamping numbers, no problem.

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/16/23 02:31 PM

Came across my 1st Vette re-stampings in the '70s - problem being, most guys decking the blocks went through the #s.
Some were legit, really the car's original block; but the "economic opportunities" were immediately obvious, and became more pervasive.
Getting the right casting # has also been a big deal in Vette circles for decades.
Since then, it's evolved to a point where I wouldn't trust any Vette to have its original engine unless I knew the car has never been apart.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/16/23 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Came across my 1st Vette re-stampings in the '70s - problem being, most guys decking the blocks went through the #s.
Some were legit, really the car's original block; but the "economic opportunities" were immediately obvious, and became more pervasive.
Getting the right casting # has also been a big deal in Vette circles for decades.
Since then, it's evolved to a point where I wouldn't trust any Vette to have its original engine unless I knew the car has never been apart.

Casting numbers are even suspect on todays restorations. Redone casting numbers are often 'too perfect', and that might be the ultimate give away.
Posted By: moparx

Re: LS23M9B348239 with re-stamped block - 10/16/23 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by moparmarks
Originally Posted by Rhinodart

In the Corvette world numbers matching and original equipment are not the same. Rebodies? No problem. It is kind of weird. They are soooo anal about everything but restamping numbers, no problem.

corvette dudes are amateurs compared to us ! laugh2 panic
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums