Moparts

Challenger convertible vin issue

Posted By: biggE

Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/08/23 02:33 PM

This Challenger convertible just sold at the Mecum auction for 51.7k. VIN listed is JS23N0E132873. Doesn't appear to have a fender tag. Listing header 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1100045/1970-dodge-challenger-r-t/
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/08/23 03:28 PM

A vert r/t would be JS27, not JS23….
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/08/23 03:32 PM

There was a converted one in the Seattle area , red, 1970, with those stripes, years ago. Top of windshield frame was just hacked off, looked like crap. And this one says power top. Maybe same car.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/10/23 08:09 AM

yes, it is a converted hardtop - here it is from 5+ years ago scope

Attached picture JS23N0E132873.jpg
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/10/23 01:35 PM

I know of a couple of Hard tops convertied.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/10/23 02:19 PM

I had a 67 Dart convertible that was a hardtop. No top though, tough drive in the rain... realcrazy
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/11/23 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by blewbyu

There used to be a Moparts member who every month had odds and ends forsale and ads to buy tgst did conversation at his small shop. Videos showed his wife helping. Also reproduced a few parts. Can not remember his name though
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/11/23 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by 340SIX

There used to be a Moparts member who every month had odds and ends forsale and ads to buy tgst did conversation at his small shop. Videos showed his wife helping. Also reproduced a few parts. Can not remember his name though

There was a guy in Indiana near Valparaiso named Jim that used to do hardtop convertible conversions 20-25 years ago. He moved and I don't know whatever happened to him. shruggy
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/11/23 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by 340SIX

There was a guy in Indiana near Valparaiso named Jim that used to do hardtop convertible conversions 20-25 years ago. He moved and I don't know whatever happened to him. :shrugugy:

This guy took good hard top and wasted verts.
ConvertaCuda or something like that?
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/11/23 06:48 PM

Ebody hardtop to convertible conversion kits 5000 to 25,000

Contact Ken 715-432-5080 Test or email convertcuda@gmail.com

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1610092/e-body-convertible-quarters.html
Posted By: BigBlockGTS

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/11/23 08:33 PM

So- is the above car a convertible now or a "roadster" with no top mechanism at all??
Posted By: crocha617

Re: Challenger convertible vin issue - 10/12/23 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlockGTS
So- is the above car a convertible now or a "roadster" with no top mechanism at all??

I believe the top on this one is fully functional. You probably can't even tell the difference until you look at the vin #. There are a lot of these around. I've owned 2 converted E-body convertibles and I have a friend with another one. Ken has done a bunch over the years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums