Moparts

Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday

Posted By: Rhinodart

Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/02/23 11:59 PM

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1100832/1969-dodge-dart-gts/

Who can pick out all the glaring errors? frown The 67 trunk lid makes me wonder about the rest... work
Posted By: 69gtxvert

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 12:39 AM

Not me but I'll take it.....for $35k. never mind, I know, I'm off by $40k : wave My father-in-law was badly hurt in a '69 Dart soon after he bought it new. Told my wife if I ever found an affordable blue '69 Dart, I'd get it in a shout out to him. he's been gone for a while but what a great guy and I miss him almost as much as my own dad.
Posted By: hulmule

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
https://www.mecum.com/lots/1100832/1969-dodge-dart-gts/

Who can pick out all the glaring errors? frown The 67 trunk lid makes me wonder about the rest... work

Had a 69 cant remember the diffenerce between them ? Had a QQ1 383 4 speed GTS. Should have never sold.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 02:36 AM

Wrong engine color, electronic ignition, wrong plug wires, aftermarket radiator cap..
Just at a glance. It's a pretty looking Dart though. I had a '69 Turquoise Dart with a slant six, white
vinyl interior and top. I should have kept mine too.
Posted By: topside

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 03:12 AM

GTS models got a grille blackout, right ?
I'm not a Dart expert - don't know the difference between '67 and '69 trunk lids - but I do see some small stuff.
Great color, though, and it's shiny & clean...
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 05:16 AM

Grille paint scheme is for a lesser 170-270-Swinger model
F-body shift handle
Arm rest painted silver, should be chrome
Is that a 70-71 E/B-body “402” pan?
Some weird shadows on passenger fender well, but lots of holes left
Rocker trim looks short, could be the Camaro reprop that’s “close” but incorrect. Still held in with shoddy installed self tapping screws

Negative battery cable used for ground strap. Could be oversized self tapped bolt used
Missing ignition wire hold downs
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by hulmule

Had a 1969 Q5 383 4 speed GTS. Should have never sold.

that's your old car - all you have to do is buy it!! boogie
Posted By: rarefish

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 01:42 PM

Dual feed fuel line, "Holley Carb?" and why would run it from the rear?
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by rarefish
Dual feed fuel line, "Holley Carb?" and why would run it from the rear?

Electric fuel pump back by the tank and a custom main fuel line.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 06:49 PM

It is a great looking car. I can see why it was bid up.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/03/23 08:47 PM

Its been asked with no reply, so maybe you didn't hear/see the question?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A '67 TRUNK LID AND A '69?

Yes I know I'm yelling, I'm trying to get your attention for an answer! biggrin

Thank you! beer

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/04/23 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by SattyNoCar

Thank you! beer

Sorry, been busy transporting the last couple of days, I don't take my computer with me and Moparts on my phone just SUXXX! The 67 trunk lid under bracing has openings with goop squeezing out, 68-69 had one solid under bracing and you can't see the goop... wave I am heading to MECUM on Friday to check it out closer and watch it go for way too much money...LOL..
Posted By: TJP

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/04/23 01:33 AM

Thank you! beer

Sorry, been busy transporting the last couple of days, I don't take my computer with me and Moparts on my phone just SUXXX! The 67 trunk lid under bracing has openings with goop squeezing out, 68-69 had one solid under bracing and you can't see the goop... wave I am heading to MECUM on Friday to check it out closer and watch it go for way too much money...LOL..

Thank you as I was wondering myself. Maybe it was dealer replaced as the lid with openings would be lighter, kind of like painting the grille and undercoating the spare tire well🤣🤣🤣 stirthepot
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/04/23 03:04 AM

Thank you sir! I understand a few of us have a life outside of Moparts. beer

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/04/23 01:01 PM

Thank you sir! I understand a few of us have a life outside of Moparts. beer

They do?
Posted By: A12

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/07/23 03:25 PM

Thank you! beer

My '69 Dart GTS (M-code) has the original jack instructions on the left/driver's side of the trunk lid, is that the norm for a Hamtramck assembly '69 Dart?

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/07/23 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by A12

Thank you! beer

My '69 Dart GTS (M-code) has the original jack instructions on the left/driver's side of the trunk lid, is that the norm for a Hamtramck assembly '69 Dart?

I've seen them on either side, probably depended on if the line worker was right or left handed! laugh2 You think it would be on the right side where the jack is? work

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/07/23 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by A12

Thank you! beer

I've seen them on either side, probably depended on if the line worker was right or left handed! laugh2 You think it would be on the right side where the jack is? work
back in the day these cars had factory runs in the paint. But so did many GM cars and trucks i lived very close to a new car dealer and looked at ne cars all the time. I am sure all the others did too.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/08/23 01:42 AM

SOLD $44K all-in ********* $40K hammer & 10% commission
Posted By: TJP

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/08/23 02:33 AM

having worked the line in the early 70's you are not to far off base wink They weren't specific other than on the bottom of the trunk lid, spare tire cover etc. Some motors had the crayon valve cover markings towards the front other toward the back. In addition 80+% of the line were on drugs of some sort. AMHIK wink beer
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/08/23 08:16 PM

So "Rock" was most likely on drugs working on the line? work
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Mecum 69 GTS 383 4-speed going on Friday - 10/16/23 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Wrong engine color, electronic ignition, wrong plug wires, aftermarket radiator cap..
Just at a glance. It's a pretty looking Dart though. I had a '69 Turquoise Dart with a slant six, white
vinyl interior and top. I should have kept mine too.

Wrong engine color? What should it be?
© 2024 Moparts Forums