Moparts

Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace!

Posted By: Rhinodart

Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/29/23 03:58 AM

I am so old I don't need my nuts anymore, but he probably doesn't want any, but I WOULD GLADY GIVE THEM UP FOR THIS! boogie

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1182206739125010/
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/29/23 02:43 PM

Love this truck!
Posted By: GY3

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/29/23 05:32 PM

So cool!
Posted By: topside

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/29/23 06:08 PM

Some haulers were used by multiple teams and basically "handed down" as the trucks aged.
There's a lot of that van body that reminds me of an Oleynik body; a lot of the contract racers had Oleyniks.
Looks pretty basic, like hauling tasks only, not a support rig at the track, but of course things could have been changed over decades.
The old trucks ride & drive, when compared to the newer stuff, a lot like a '60s car vs '00...but are so much cooler.

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/29/23 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Some haulers were used by multiple teams and basically "handed down" as the trucks aged.
There's a lot of that van body that reminds me of an Oleynik body; a lot of the contract racers had Oleyniks.
Looks pretty basic, like hauling tasks only, not a support rig at the track, but of course things could have been changed over decades.
The old trucks ride & drive, when compared to the newer stuff, a lot like a '60s car vs '00...but are so much cooler.

I had an Oleynik Kenworth race boat hauler I should have kept it...
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/29/23 10:50 PM

Now this would make a great tiny house for me!
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/30/23 02:11 AM

And it includes a 24v Cummins and auto trans @ $6500. Fair deal
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/30/23 07:18 PM

neat , lots of work to make really nice
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 08/30/23 08:51 PM

Wish they still made those kind of enclosed haulers. A modern version would be nice.
I know its easier with a pick-up and you can use it as a daily but I hardly drive mine when not hauling.
I put about 15k in 11 years.

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 09/03/23 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by RTSE4ME
Wish they still made those kind of enclosed haulers. A modern version would be nice.
I know its easier with a pick-up and you can use it as a daily but I hardly drive mine when not hauling.

Hodges still makes them, and I have recently seen new rollbacks with enclosed body's... scope
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Rod Shop hauler on Marketplace! - 09/04/23 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by RTSE4ME

Hodges still makes them, and I have recently seen new rollbacks with enclosed body's... scope

Hodgesare local to me, he has made some nice truck beds.
© 2024 Moparts Forums