Moparts

Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350

Posted By: Soopernaut

Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 03:00 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1346710562...zEJNwDrKeJpTIExr9%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-rB1PS0Yg

[Linked Image]

About this vehicle

EMERGENCY! As seen on Television. The show aired for the first time on January 15th, 1972.Emergency! is an American action-adventure medical drama television series jointly produced by Mark VII Limited and Universal Television. Debuting on NBC as a midseason replacement on it ran for a total of 122 episodes until May 28, 1977, with six additional two-hour television films during the next two years, 1978 and 1979. Nearly 30 years after Emergency! debuted, the Smithsonian Institution accepted Emergency! memorabilia into its National Museum of American History's public-service section. This sale includes signed official helmets by the stars themselves, Biophone, oxigen tanks, SCBA bottles and much more including an old school defibrillator. While one of the vehicles of Station 51 are a part of the collection of the Los Angeles County Fire Museum…now you can have your own!

Seller's Notes

This vehicle is in CHERRY condition. New wheels, has been kept in an airtight garage for 20 years with regular service and tons and tons of service records by qualified technicians. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Vehicle is available for inspection. Serious bidders only. Thanks.

Vehicle Details

This vehicle which represented Squad 51 was one of several that were constructed by Universal crews and were accurate replicas of the units built in-house on stock 1970 Dodge D300 truck chassis' by LACoFD prior to the filming of "Emergency". There were three identical truck chassis' used to represent the original T.V. Squad 51. The LACoFD shops were unable to fulfill a request from Universal to build the first unit for the show within the short deadline the studio required, but did provide the blueprints so the studio could build its own unit on this Dodge D300 chassis.

The replica's accuracy is evident in that the white light atop the Federal Signal Twinsonic lightbar was part of the blueprint, but never installed by LAcoFD on its departmental units. This light was intended to be used by other personnel and particularly helicopters to differentiate paramedic squads from regular rescue squads and other units operating that vehicle type. Prior to season 3, the studio acquired a 1973 D300 cab and chassis. All of the external paraphernalia (rear compartment box, lightbar, searchlights, K12 box, etc.) were removed and remounted on the new squad chassis. This vehicle lasted for two seasons. In season 5 the third and final Dodge truck appeared.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 03:28 PM

This is my buddy's dream truck! He just bought a local W350 fire truck because he has been searching for years for one, I just delivered it to him. I will pass this along to him and he will be crying shortly thereafter... bawling
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 03:31 PM

Listed as an '80?
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Listed as an '80?

Look underhood and at interior details, it's an '80 for sure.

I'd decode the VIN, but the one shown isn't complete or it's flat-out bogus.

For all that is written, there is nothing on the actual truck you're looking at.

Nice replica/tribute, but for $55K? Ummmm...........

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by SattyNoCar
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Listed as an '80?

Look underhood and at interior details, it's an '80 for sure.

I'd decode the VIN, but the one shown isn't complete or it's flat-out bogus.

For all that is written, there is nothing on the actual truck you're looking at.

Nice replica/tribute, but for $55K? Ummmm...........

I looked at everything I could see and it didn't look like an '80. This is not an '80 gauge cluster/dash/steering wheel.

Attached picture s-l1600 (1).jpg

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 07:58 PM

Went back and looked, are we looking at two different trucks or 'In construction' pics?

The pic they show of the speedo for the mileage is very clearly an '80 model because of the 85MPH and KM reading.

BUT, if you look at the interior pic, it clearly has the 'correct' 100MPH speedometer. confused

Of lesser concern, I think the seat is '80 pattern.

And, why is the pic of the 'included equipment' someone else's copyrighted pic?

And why no mention of the signatures on the passenger door? (I think that's what is there, along the top inside) scope

Make of it what you want, I'd proceed cautiously if I was interested. twocents

Attached picture 1980.JPG
Attached picture 1980B.JPG
Posted By: A990

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 08:00 PM

[/quote]I looked at everything I could see and it didn't look like an '80. This is not an '80 gauge cluster/dash/steering wheel. [/quote]
The pictures don't match at all.

Attached picture Capture.png

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 08:01 PM

treed, lol

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 09:30 PM

It's strange for sure John. The entire dash and steering wheel are pre-'79. Appears to be bird bath hood in first pic and '72/'73 grille. '79/'80 would have this dash.

Attached picture k7cPZ59l.jpg
Posted By: Cooter

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 10:44 PM

Looks like they are using a '72 Grille on an '80 truck.

[Linked Image]

Core support/headlight mounting are giving it a bug eyed look.

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/30/23 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cooter
Looks like they are using a '72 Grille on an '80 truck.

Core support/headlight mounting are giving it a bug eyed look.

Good catch! And, in that pic, the bumper looks wrong.

Larry, I know about the differences in the dashes, I kinda misspoke in my original response. Did you know that when the dash faces changed the instrument housing changed from metal to plastic?

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if this is a legit ad. If it is, it's VERY poorly written.
Posted By: Soopernaut

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 11:24 AM

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if this is a legit ad. If it is, it's VERY poorly written.

...Or cleverly written to not state what this actually is.

The show ended in 1977, so is this an 80 cab, and if so, why build it after the show ended? Or is this something more recently built (ad says it's been garaged for 20 years)? The VIN listed is for a 1980 D100. Many the photo differences are there to represent the differences when watching the tv show that you aren't suppose to pick up on.

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Soopernaut

The show ended in 1977, so is this an 80 cab, and if so, why build it after the show ended? Or is this something more recently built (ad says it's been garaged for 20 years)? The VIN listed is for a 1980 D100. Many the photo differences are there to represent the differences when watching the tv show that you aren't suppose to pick up on.

Garage kept, yet really rusty brake components. Somethings really off.
Whats with the weird firewall mask job?

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by A990
Originally Posted by Soopernaut

Garage kept, yet really rusty brake components. Somethings really off.
Whats with the weird firewall mask job?

Annnnnd.........going back and looking at the brake components, I noticed something else. The driver's door is open and shows a chrome/stainless mirror, not the red mirror the sale truck has.

I kinda wish someone from here would go look at this thing just to find out what the heck is going on. I would, but I'm too far away.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 05:09 PM

Read and reread the ad and it never reallly says when THIS truck was built. It actually doesn't say much about this truck at all.

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 06:09 PM

Don't understand the overflow tank either. Which years got the horizontal version?
Posted By: topside

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 06:21 PM

I could be wrong, but it seems to me this truck is a recreation or tribute.
The photos are not cohesive, and the ad wording is a bit clever, relating history (actual, or imaginary) but nothing really absolute.
Could be the whole thing is a scam, unless someone can inspect the truck.

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
Read and reread the ad and it never reallly says whenTHIS truck was built. It actually doesn't say much about this truck at all.

Exactly.

I'm gonna stop looking at the pics. Each time I look, I find something else 'wrong'. Did anyone notice the hood hinges in the engine pic? I think that style started in '92.....

help

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 07:15 PM

obgynmaster is his handle on eBay, may have to look at what else he is selling... eek

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
obgynmaster is his handle on eBay, may have to look at what else he is selling... eek

7 auctions currently running and they're all recent. The truck is the only vehicle. An older post I looked at that showed feedback about seller up to that point showed a bunch of lawbooks had been sold...... xmaseek

Attached picture obgy.JPG
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
Read and reread the ad and it never reallly says whenTHIS truck was built. It actually doesn't say much about this truck at all.

Exactly.

I'm gonna stop looking at the pics. Each time I look, I find something else 'wrong'. Did anyone notice the hood hinges in the engine pic? I think that style started in '92.....

help

You saw that cold air intake hose? Plastic, I don't think that started until the fuel injection era? Added on? I dunno.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 07:47 PM

Hmmm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_Squad_51
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 07:49 PM

More Hmmm...

Went through BJ at one time it seems. 2019

https://buy.motorious.com/articles/...dge-fire-truck-is-a-red-hot-auction-lot/

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 07/31/23 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
More Hmmm...

Went through BJ at one time it seems. 2019

https://buy.motorious.com/articles/...dge-fire-truck-is-a-red-hot-auction-lot/

BADABING!! thumbs

So, is the ebay ad bogus? work

(also shows I don't know trucks as well as I thought blush )

Auction linky...

EDIT: I clicked on Order an inspection from R8TR. Learn more and it set off all kinds of alarms on my PC but went nowhere. Why am I not surprised?

Posted By: 440newport

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/01/23 12:09 AM

It would seem none of the exterior shots are of the actual truck as the the one from the older auction link has 81-93 fenders on it. The tin grill seems to fit those fenders pretty good from the pics, I had always heard they didn't. Just a slight gap at the top corners. Really needs a 72-79 front bumper though.
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/01/23 01:56 AM

I'm a pretty big fan of the show (my family watches it often on COZI, and I had Randy Mantooth to do a Cameo recording for my wife for her birthday a few years ago), and I'm 99.9999% sure that this truck is bogus. I believe that one of the originals is at the Los Angeles County Fire Museum. They would probably be the best people to verify whether this truck is the real deal.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/01/23 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by 1968RR
I'm a pretty big fan of the show (my family watches it often on COZI, and I had Randy Mantooth to do a Cameo recording for my wife for her birthday a few years ago), and I'm 99.9999% sure that this truck is bogus. I believe that one of the originals is at the Los Angeles County Fire Museum. They would probably be the best people to verify whether this truck is the real deal.

Some crafty wording in the ad. But it says TV show ended in 1979. And they list this truck as a 1980.

My understanding from the ad was that this was a replica.

"Vehicle Details
This vehicle which represented Squad 51 was one of several that were constructed by Universal crews and were accurate replicas of the units built in-house on stock 1970 Dodge D300 truck chassis' by LACoFD prior to the filming of "Emergency".

"...The replica's accuracy is evident in that the white light atop the Federal Signal Twinsonic lightbar was part of the blueprint, but never installed by LAcoFD on its departmental units. "
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/05/23 04:36 AM

This is my buddy's dream truck! He just bought a local W350 fire truck because he has been searching for years for one, I just delivered it to him. I will pass this along to him and he will be crying shortly thereafter... bawling

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/125405447281334/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Kevin
Posted By: BlwnCrcab

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/06/23 02:00 AM

got this one in my back yard 78 440 has a stainless steel Pierce box cab rusty
was IL State Police Swat truck

Attached picture knights show 025.jpg

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/06/23 04:15 PM

BlwnCrcab....I love that truck. The 440, the high mount spotlights, very cool! I hope you bring it back someday!

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/06/23 04:59 PM

Here is a horrible screen grab of the truck my buddy bought and I transported to him...

Attached picture Harolds truck.jpg

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/06/23 06:43 PM

BEAST
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Emergency Squad 51 Dodge D350 - 08/06/23 07:15 PM

Here is a horrible screen grab of the truck my buddy bought and I transported to him...

Your buddy should be very happy with what he bought.

The truck in the auction, who knows what it really is or even exists as described.

Mike.
© 2024 Moparts Forums