Moparts

Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts

Posted By: 375inStroke

Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/16/23 06:25 PM

Huge Muscle Car And Truck Restorati...evrolet, Mopar, Ford, Pontiac, And More!
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/heath-industrial/catalogue-id-bsche10537

Tons of AMD, and other parts. Perhaps someone can score a few good deals.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/16/23 08:34 PM

nyt a good sign as resalers go under
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/16/23 10:07 PM

I bid on a couple of lots. However, they are selling all the sheet metal, small items, and other lots as a complete group and if the bid for the group exceeds what the individual lots gross then the bidders of the individual lots just wasted their time, hell of a way to run an auction... mad
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/17/23 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I bid on a couple of lots. However, they are selling all the sheet metal, small items, and other lots as a complete group and if the bid for the group exceeds what the individual lots gross then the bidders of the individual lots just wasted their time, hell of a way to run an auction... mad

Yeap: had that happen to me once or twice. Spent hours bidding only to be told "Sorry-you all should have bid more".
Last time I dealt with that auctioneer.

Other resellers will also go under as inventory dwindles.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/17/23 02:10 AM

Tamraz has been dicey for many years. Notorious for selling cheaper than others on items they didn't have. twocents

EDIT: wonder if any of those boxes are empty? whistling and what happens if one gets an empty box? shruggy
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/17/23 03:15 AM

Any Cuda shaker hoods on day 1? I missed it and don't see any for day 2.
Posted By: 493 70 Runner

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/17/23 04:27 AM

I am not the only one then, I wouldn’t be surprised if a box or two were empty!

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/17/23 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 493 70 Runner

wink whistling musik popcorn
Posted By: moparx

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/17/23 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 493 70 Runner

wink whistling musik popcorn

a similar thing happened here many years ago, when a guy bought the radio shack franchise from the guy that had it, whom everyone here calls him "RIP". [as in RIPOFF]
lots of empty boxes of new product, not sure how much of a RIPOFF that was in value, but it was enough to go to court over.
beer
Posted By: Bob Stinson

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/17/23 07:47 PM

I've gotten crap parts in unopened boxes from AMD before so I'm not quick to blame the retailer.

One was a wheel well that had been overstretched and cracked, then migged together. Mostly unnoticeable until you looked at the inside where you could see the weld bead
Another was a pair of A-body bumpers that looked like a band saw had cut into on the edge of one side. Both were identical. The second one was a replacement for the first one. I figure there was a whole stack of them that way. They finally got it right on #3.

Yeah I know, be thankful we've got some parts, OK sure right.

Re: Tamraz closing, firesale May 17, lots of AMD parts - 05/18/23 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Stinson
I've gotten crap parts in unopened boxes from AMD before so I'm not quick to blame the retailer.

One was a wheel well that had been overstretched and cracked, then migged together. Mostly unnoticeable until you looked at the inside where you could see the weld bead
Another was a pair of A-body bumpers that looked like a band saw had cut into on the edge of one side. Both were identical. The second one was a replacement for the first one. I figure there was a whole stack of them that way. They finally got it right on #3.

Yeah I know, be thankful we've got some parts, OK sure right.

Reminds me of a repop front bumper I bought from NPD for a customer's Chevelle. It was horrible. I called NPD and they apologized and said we'll issue a refund. OK, you wanna send a call tag for the bumper? he replied No we have a warehouse full of them LMAO 🤣🤣.
So I sold it to a buddy who put the park lights in it and mounted it on the wall to use as a shelf behind his man cave bar.

NPD is a great vendor in my experiences over the years wink
© 2024 Moparts Forums