Moparts

1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA

Posted By: Rhinodart

1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 12:11 AM

https://www.copart.com/lot/48430593/clean-title-1969-dodge-dart-ca-van-nuys
Posted By: hulmule

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 01:06 AM

Wish it wasnt so far away ! But the rust around the windows looks scary. Seen some coastal cars that ive seen are just a mess with salt air. Miss my 69 GTS 383 4 spd.Dodge missed the boat when made those. They should have offered a rally dash in them. Think they would look cool with a barracuda ralley dash.
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 03:32 AM

"D" is a 6 cylinder car, right?
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 07:31 AM

My White book does not show "D" in the engine code section. Either that car has an improperly stamped VIN plate or it is something weird is going on.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog
My White book does not show "D" in the engine code section. Either that car has an improperly stamped VIN plate or it is something weird is going on.

White book error? I use this online decoder, it's been pretty reliable. http://www.jonsteiger.com/www/moparvin/

Attached picture GT.JPG
Posted By: varunner

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 12:45 PM

Anyone know what rearend is in the car ?
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kern Dog

My GG white books shows D as 273 2-bbl for 1969. Are you sure you looked under 69 Greg?

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 01:59 PM

Yes it would have a 273 2-bbl and a 7-1/4 rear, but none of that matters, it is a relatively rust free bucket seat console Dart GT! boogie
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 04:20 PM

Cool car and looks really solid. Nice interior too.

Attached picture 350dcc4846df4d3d8f2ba5f763bddce1_ful.jpg
Attached picture a7249c9ed82b408bac81cb4192202894_ful.jpg
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 04:25 PM

Have to have at least a dealer license to bid...
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 04:59 PM

The rust 'tears' coming down the back shows this car will probaly need a roof, and dutchman panel and a trunk pan. The rust on the drivers rocker and the rust on the carpet behind the driver seat reminds you that the ocean is only a couple hours from there. Might be a good parts car if it's bought under $2k.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/18/23 06:40 PM

I like it. I even like the color combination. I would fix it and make it stay factory.

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/19/23 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by nuthinbutmopar
Have to have at least a dealer license to bid...

I just signed up and all it required was a business license, doesn't say anything about being a dealer... shruggy

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/19/23 12:13 AM

I think this might have been a long time California car and the rust minimal.

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/19/23 08:48 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]I used to have a pair of the same seats that is in this Dart. I had a '69 Dart project in the early '90s, and those seats were going to be used. But I ended up selling the car to fund my wedding. It was worth it, since I had a beautiful, intelligent, woman, I married.

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/19/23 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
[spoiler][/spoiler]I used to have a pair of the same seats that is in this Dart. I had a '69 Dart project in the early '90s, and those seats were going to be used. But I ended up selling the car to fund my wedding. It was worth it, since I had a beautiful, intelligent, woman, I married.
You gave up a lot for that marriage so I'm glad it was worth it! up

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/20/23 03:39 PM

I still have the woman after 40 years AND those seats in my Dart... biggrin
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/21/23 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I think this might have been a long time California car and the rust minimal.

California does not mean rust free. We have had floods of fresh and salt water recently. I’ll bet you that car has lots of hidden rust and whomever buys it is going to be more than surprised.
Posted By: topside

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/21/23 03:01 AM

Some epic rust can be found on Coastal Calif cars - a buddy who leaves his daily outside in Daly City literally replaces it every 6-8 years.
It'll rust everywhere, including cowl & pillars.
He just finds another body and transplants his drivetrain.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/21/23 03:48 AM

CA is a big state with coast, desert and mountains. It's all about location, location, location. Now Florida has a salt breeze from all directions. Every FL. that we had was a rusty piece of crap. They rust from the top down.

Re: 1969 Dart GT on Copart Van Nuys, CA - 04/21/23 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
You gave up a lot for that marriage so I'm glad it was worth it! up
. Larry, I don't feel that I gave up a lot when I sold my '69 Dart. It was a good car, but it was just a material object. That was how I felt then, and how I feel about it today. It was a good project car, in the midst of it turning into a pro street big block. But compared to my late wife... I would sell it again in a second, to have more time with her. You mentioned that I gave up a lot for my marriage. I would give up my own life, if I could, so that my wife could live still. So... looking back, I made the right decision, by selling the Dart and funding my wedding.
© 2024 Moparts Forums