one for the gyc polishers

Posted by: flypaper

one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 11:12 AM

Worman has been hitting the crack pipe hard..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-Graveyard-Carz-/162698084888
Posted by: Centerline

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 11:48 AM

I'd dive it.... but its a little pricey for an original /6 3speed car.
Posted by: Pacnorthcuda

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 12:09 PM

Let's say he gets his 100k each for them. What would an unknown resto shop be able to get for these? The shop could still call them VP tribute (overused term IMO) cars but they would not get the exposure that GYC can provide.

I'm thinking 45-50k. They really are clones.

Asking this another way...if you forget all the GYC crap, what are these really worth?
Posted by: EV2Bird

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 12:28 PM

Not worth dick, other then any other cloned "tribute" car.

Maybe they fell the can rip the first 4 and have there 5th keeper car for free.
Posted by: lilcuda

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
Let's say he gets his 100k each for them. What would an unknown resto shop be able to get for these? The shop could still call them VP tribute (overused term IMO) cars but they would not get the exposure that GYC can provide.

I'm thinking 45-50k. They really are clones.

Asking this another way...if you forget all the GYC crap, what are these really worth?

Beat me to it. I hate, hate, hate the term "tribute car".
Posted by: Neil

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 04:04 PM

22 bids so far so someone(s) likes it.

One GYC advantage vs a local resto shop building a car like this is the GYC guys might build the car with more correct parts and detail. You would be more likely to get real 1970 15x7 rallye wheels with the car instead of Wheel Vintiques wheels with the 1971 style center caps and the incorrect flat silver paint that looks like grey primer, etc.

A local resto shop that does all makes and models, and doesn't know Mopars that well, would require some hand holding from the customer. Just building a white Challenger from a picture only goes so far with someone who has never rebuild an E-body before and doesn't know the details. Not knowing how the seam sealer is supposed to look, paint overspray in the right spots, texture on the quarters in the trunk, etc. all thinga that make or break a high end car.
Posted by: topside

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 08:15 PM

Maybe there's a market for VP tribute cars, but maybe they're just testing the water.
Personally, I've always had the hots for the "brochure car" Challenger R/T in GoMango; much more interesting to my eye than a plain white one. So, if I remember to play the Lotto and can defy the jillion:1 odds and win, that's what I'd commission.
Posted by: Pacnorthcuda

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/06/17 08:46 PM

I guess these cars have a reasonable excuse for sporting hemi hood badging without the hardware underneath...
Posted by: Morty426

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/08/17 12:16 AM

Comes with two AM radios?
Posted by: Grizzly

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/08/17 12:35 AM

"Each of these cars will be numbered and come with a Graveyard Carz Certificate Of Authenticity"

Never heard of you.

And, even if I did.........

Pass.

Posted by: LemonTwiist

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/08/17 05:10 PM

Somebody hit the "BUY IT NOW"
Posted by: barracuda7199

Re: one for the gyc polishers - 10/09/17 08:41 PM

It was relisted.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/162704734167?