Moparts

Who has a street/rat rod pickup...??

Posted By: DusterKrazy

Who has a street/rat rod pickup...?? - 05/18/08 07:22 PM

Greetings from NC.Im building a rat rod pickup but I have almost everything needed to do it except for the cab. Id like a pre 48 dodge or plymouth but they are really hard to find but I may have my eye on a '40 ford cab as well if the guy will come off with it. So ford,gmc,international,studebaker or whatever would do . The basis for the build up is a 1977 dodge frame that we removed 2 foot from. Yea it's pretty short, the grille will be from a '39 farmall tractor and will feature headlights bezels from a '65 polara,taillights from a '62 mercury. Drivetrain of course will be all mopar consisting of a modified 318/904. I have barely $100.00 in the project so far as it's gonna be budget built and several of the parts were donated to me. When the weather clears up I'll get pics...Anyways does anybody have a built up truck? I want some more ideas
Posted By: mopowertim

Re: Who has a street/rat rod pickup...?? - 05/18/08 08:59 PM

I know where there's a cool Job Rated Dodge Cab and Step Side bed, here in NC for a couple hundered- (not mine, it's in a JY) in really good shape- it was on a IH Scout frame at one time- It'd make a cool truck... If you're interested IM me....
Posted By: DTT

Re: Who has a street/rat rod pickup...?? - 05/19/08 01:10 AM

Heres my hot rod....36' Dodge Truck cab... 440 powered.

Attached picture 4436020-hotrodonline.jpg
Posted By: 67cudagreg

Re: Who has a street/rat rod pickup...?? - 05/19/08 01:24 AM

I started one about a year ago and its been a slow process. Finding the right parts has been like a treasure hunt. I started with a 36 dodge pickup cab I got in trade.It was in bad shape so I cut it up into a type of lakes roadster.I cut off the top, took 10 inches out of the back, and stretched it 3 inches.I built my own frame from 2x3 tubing and I'm powering it with a 360 (aluminum head,tunnel ram, dual quads). It has an 8 3/4 rear and a cool 1936 dbl dip tube axle that was really hard to find.It should weigh about 1800 lbs. with about 400 horses! I'll try to post a few pictures if anyone is interested.I have a few friends that also have a 36 and a 52 dodge pickup.We might be able to help you find a cab.

Re: Who has a street/rat rod pickup...?? - 05/19/08 02:04 AM

Any help would be appreciated. The older the better. The old dodges sure are hard to come by.
There's some cool projects going on here

Re: Who has a street/rat rod pickup...?? - 05/19/08 07:51 PM

Here's a mock up of whats in store

Attached picture 4437568-Picture1148.jpg

Re: Who has a street/rat rod pickup...?? - 05/19/08 07:52 PM

Short but not yet lowered...

Attached picture 4437574-Picture1149.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums