Moparts

one peice hood

Posted By: leavitt4

one peice hood - 02/20/10 02:46 AM

does anyone know where i can find a onepeice hood for a 36 dodge if any one has one im willing to trade the origanal that i have for a one peice
Posted By: Mopargnome

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 02:49 AM

I can make yours a one piece. I have a welder and know how to use it. Where in AZ are you?

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 02:52 AM

im in casa grande up by pheonix

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 02:57 AM

I know where that is. I bought a poly motor from a mopar guy down there years ago. I'm guessing your hood is 2 piece and hinged in the middle?

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 03:46 AM

yea it is and i think the one peice looks better i had thought about just welding it together but didnt know if there was a place out there that just sold em aftermarket i was just kinda curious how much they ran

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 04:16 AM

I dont think there is much of an aftermarket for 30's dodges. If you do weld it up take your time so you dont warp it. I'm sure finding another could prove quite difficult. Good luck.
Posted By: BobPer

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 12:31 PM

Jason, Rootlieb should have them. check them out at www.Rootlieb.com and on the far right middle of their home page should be the 35/36 Mopar hoods. It's worth a phone call to them for a better description of what they offer. Bob
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 01:46 PM

The hood (if complete and original) should be a 4-piece not a 2-piece. Your explanation of a 2-piece must be referring to the 2 top halves only (without the louvered sides).

- EM

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 04:50 PM

yea it is a 4 peice and i have it all i just dont plan on running the sides i wanna expose the motor as much as possible since i live in az it never rains here so show off all the chrome n polished aluminum no sense hiding it all
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: one peice hood - 02/20/10 06:17 PM

Rootlieb is probably your best bet but try
http://www.srpmstreetrods.com/render.cz?method=index
http://www.plymouthdoctor.com/index.html
Posted By: 1972cudaguy

Re: one peice hood - 02/21/10 03:25 PM

sorry it's a Plymouth , not Dodge but it's one piece :

http://www.srpmstreetrods.com/srpm/engin...4b3040b1-p.html
Posted By: poorboy

Re: one peice hood - 02/22/10 03:44 AM

You could always just roll the edges of a piece of sheetmetal and make your own. That way, your not screwing up a part someone else might want or need. You already have a pattern to work from. Gene

Re: one peice hood - 02/23/10 12:42 AM

yea i had thought of doing that those hoods are pretty simple theres not alot of detail on em i may give it a shot whats the worst that can happen im out a sheet of steel
Posted By: Cheeto

Re: one peice hood - 03/06/10 05:35 AM

Quote:

You could always just roll the edges of a piece of sheetmetal and make your own. That way, your not screwing up a part someone else might want or need. You already have a pattern to work from. Gene

X2
© 2024 Moparts Forums