Moparts

Headliner for a 38 Dodge Coupe

Posted By: jrlegacy23

Headliner for a 38 Dodge Coupe - 01/05/10 11:44 PM

My neighbor is redoing a 38 Dodge Coupe. He is looking for a headliner, he has the metal rods. Does anyone know where to find a Headliner?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Headliner for a 38 Dodge Coupe - 01/06/10 12:52 AM

www.automotiveinteriors.com Got the seat covers for my 39 through these folks, it was a pretty nice deal at reasonable prices. They had headlinner stuff also I was going to buy, but someone wanted the car much worse then I did, so I let them have it. Gene
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Headliner for a 38 Dodge Coupe - 01/06/10 12:54 AM

My upholstery guy perfers to sew his own headliners. He should just take it to a shop and have one made.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Headliner for a 38 Dodge Coupe - 01/06/10 02:10 AM

Yep, if he is doing the whole job himself, go ahead and order the kits. However, if he is having a pro do any of the work, consult them first. The owner may want the material that matches, or a different pattern, and they will want to go over all the stuff before making choices, based on how stock looking, ease of install, wear, price, and warranty. Just like an engine is built as a system, an interior must be planned to work as a whole. It just looks terrible when the seat and headliner is stock and the welting and carpet is cheap mismatched replacement. Other combos as just as bad...
Posted By: jrlegacy23

Re: Headliner for a 38 Dodge Coupe - 01/06/10 02:21 AM

Thanks for the info, I will pass it on to him and he can do what he wants with it.
Thanks again
© 2024 Moparts Forums