Moparts

Web sites for street rods

Posted By: 1OFNONE

Web sites for street rods - 12/02/09 10:58 PM

I have been watching e-gag and Moparts for quite some time now. I am looking to buy a late 40's and fifties street rod, custom or cruiser. I am not finding the old school look I am looking for. Any suggestions?
Posted By: nitrohemi

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/02/09 11:17 PM

www.jalopyjournal.com
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/04/09 08:20 PM

(old school) as in traditional hot rod ?? or as in modern terms,," RAT ROD " ??

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/05/09 12:30 AM

Very rarely I see a "rat rod" done correctly. The theme of rat rod is you build what you have access to. If you have pride in your workmanship you will build it and engineer the parts you will use and make them as nice a possible.
I am thinking like a 1952 Cranbrook lowered a bit with a traditional white walls and chrome reverse wheels. Maybe a chopped top car or something. I will try and find a picture of what I am thinking of and post it.
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/05/09 02:46 AM

Kind of like this one? It belongs to MoparArmy on here. I second the jalopy journal.

Attached picture 5647166-IM001322.JPG

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/06/09 12:27 PM

yes, Thats what I am looking for. I dont want a million dollar ride but just something fun and different.

Any other opinions?
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/06/09 03:16 PM

Try looking in more local stuff, unless you live in the rust belt. The deal will not be in a national publication or site with a tight focus.
Of course, you can check out Hemmings, Ebay, sites for the car you are looking for and even racing junk. Cast as wide a net as possible, if only to gauge a good deal when you do see one.
I was looking for a 46-48 Plymouth 2 door sedan for months. Every one seemed to be a bit out of reach or a mess. I ended up with my 47 Chrysler, and while it's not the exact car I wanted, it's been a neat car.
Posted By: 7812845

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/11/09 01:23 AM

Might try this site from time to time. You never know what might appear here.
http://www.goodguysclassifieds.com/
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: Web sites for street rods - 12/11/09 04:58 AM

if your looking to look,,e bay has rods,,and a big site called hot rod hot line, cars, events,shows pics,,tons of stufff.

www.hotrodhotline.com

www.traderonline.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums