Moparts

1936 Super Goat - more to come...

Posted By: cloneguy

1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/07/09 06:43 PM

This is before the shotgun scoop was added...

Attached picture 5467898-36truck.JPG
Posted By: Webster

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/07/09 11:58 PM

More Pictures!!
Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/08/09 12:16 AM

OK, so why is it called Super Goat???

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/08/09 12:37 AM

Superbird-ish wing on a 1936 "Ram". Get it?

Super Goat!
Posted By: earlymopar

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/10/09 10:21 PM

Jesus. .......a ram is a male sheep not a frigging goat. A billy or buck is a male goat.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/12/09 04:19 AM

Im sorry but that truck is discustingly bad
Posted By: leavitt4

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/12/09 05:14 AM

ok so take the resse hitch plugs off the front of the frame get rid of the prowler headlights they just dont go with the flow of the truck loose the wing and get rid of the stripes then it will be sharp you went overboard in my opinion
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/12/09 04:14 PM

Its yours, make it what you want and enjoy it---- Dave
Posted By: Biggie

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 01:34 AM

wander what the headlights look like mounted vertical.

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 04:37 PM

Quote:

Its yours, make it what you want and enjoy it---- Dave

Thanks Dave.

Like it or not, it was the most photographed truck at the nats and it's still under construction. So, just about anything is still subject to change.

If you didn't see it, it's because the crowd gathered around it the whole time blocked your view.

Sorry, I'm not as familiar with sheep as some others on the board. Who says it's not a girl truck anyway?

They are not Prowler lights but most people who don't know any better make that assumtion.

Let's see a better custom posted by the owner and we'll do a poll. I can handle the truth, can you?
Posted By: Flipper1938

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 07:37 PM

I can see where a riced out streetrod could get attention. Were they laughing at you or with you?

Seriously, too much can be too much.
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 07:55 PM

Quote:

Let's see a better custom posted by the owner and we'll do a poll. I can handle the truth, can you?

Let's do a poll! Bone Stock 1937 Dodge or the Super Goat?

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 09:28 PM

Quote:

I can see where a riced out streetrod could get attention. Were they laughing at you or with you?

Seriously, too much cane be too much.

Wow! I've never seen anything with a 1,000 HP Blown Hemi referred to as "riced out".

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 10:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously, too much cane be too much.

Wow! I've never seen anything with a 1,000 HP Blown Hemi referred to as "riced out".

The blown hemi is cool.

it's the other "features" that are overdone ..... the wing, the stripes, cheesy rear fender extensions, extra wide running boards, fender lights, mirrors, the 90's "immitation billet" directional wheels, and the previously mentioned headlights and reciever hitch plugs used as bumpers.
Posted By: RoyceFlo73

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 10:14 PM

I dunno...i like the truck. Only things i don't like all that much are the wing and the lights. I feel like those light may look a lot better in person though.

But the wing seems kinda pointless. I like the paint, the stripe, the stance, I really like the side exit exhaust.

It's yours.

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 10:35 PM

As indicated above, it's not finished yet.

The wheels and tires will eventually be Centerlines with pro-street width tread. The trailer hitch plugs are temporary too. Ultimately those will end up holding a bumper or bumperettes.

The whole thing, tube steel frame up, is hand built. The cab has a 6 inch chop. The Viper paint theme looked great parked next to my '98 until I had to sell it. The wing fits the rear view really well to tie in the pro-street-truck look. The pics don't do it justice.

Everyone has an opinion and I'm not one to step on any toes so, please enjoy yourselves.

For only $100k, you can have it and the crate full of Best in Show trophys that it has won.
Posted By: Joatha

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 10:44 PM

I like everything but the wing and the headlights. The headlights remind me of....

But, I think its interesting and different. If everyone did things like I did, then I'd want to do something different. All in all, it looks like a quality job. If its not the way I'd do it, so what.
Posted By: maundmotorworks

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 10:53 PM

Quote:

wander what the headlights look like mounted vertical.

Hmmm...not those particular headlights. It needs Woodlite headlights!!!! The truck looks well done overall, hats off to the owner, but of course there are a few things I would have done differently as would some of the others here. To each his own....at least another old Dodge truck is still alive and well!
Posted By: maundmotorworks

Re: 1937 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 10:55 PM

Quote:

I like everything but the wing and the headlights. The headlights remind me of....

But, I think its interesting and different. If everyone did things like I did, then I'd want to do something different. All in all, it looks like a quality job. If its not the way I'd do it, so what.

Hey...wait a minute. You're not talkin' poop on Wall-E. are you???
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/15/09 11:00 PM

Quote:

Jesus. .......a ram is a male sheep not a frigging goat. A billy or buck is a male goat.

That's got to be the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I once had an employee call me a goat head at the local pick a part. I didn't even get it then. Goat was just a poncho to me, I thought the guy was stupid. I like the truck though, a little wild, like the good old days. Do what you wanna do baby.

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/16/09 12:25 AM

yea. and besides...at the end of the day; I bet there isn't anyone here who wouldn't take it.

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/16/09 01:41 AM

Quote:

yea. and besides...at the end of the day; I bet there isn't anyone here who wouldn't take it.

...and part it out or at least give it a serious face-lift.

The basic truck seems nice (grill, engine, and cab). It's the OCC theme build doodads that ruin it for me.
Posted By: 65coronet500

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/16/09 06:03 AM

I guarantee I wouldnt take it if I had to keep it the way it looks !!!!!
I just dont care for the styling
I have to say it is certainly original

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/16/09 06:57 AM

Quote:

I guarantee I wouldnt take it if I had to keep it the way it looks !!!!!:

, well you have more money and pride than I do.

You could give me any hemi and a saddle and i'd ride it till it died.
Posted By: beesting

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/17/09 01:03 AM

not a fan of the headlights other then that love it
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/17/09 05:44 AM

cant wait to see the finished product,,,color is perfect,,,HEMI,,always the way to go,,,different always raises intrest...

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/17/09 10:59 PM

Quote:

Super Goat!

Tim thanks for the explanation on super goat,
"SUPER RAM" I get "super goat" my first thought is (pontiac)GTO

now sorry for all the negative comments in this thread on your truck. and to each his own on how they
want their rod to look.

to be honest and this is just my opinion, I feel the head lights look to squarish for the round body of the 36,

the front covers dont add anything to the overall look of the truck.

and the superbird style wing is a little to much for my taste.

"BUT" if you like these things on "YOUR "truck that all that matters....

I seen your for sale add here, My big question is how did you come up with the
$100K figure and the $150K figure with a interior
$50K for an interior

now I know a blown HEMI is not cheap but man $150K is an awfull lot of money, thats more than I paid for my house 15 years ago...

this is my truck that i am trying to sell right now, I will take $15K for it the way it is and if I finish the interior $18K, no takers yet.......

I am not trying to slam you but I just don't see how you figure $150K

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/18/09 04:59 AM

ron, nice truck,,1940 ?? whats powering it?

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/18/09 05:59 AM

Thanks, its pretty fun. Yes its a 1940 dodge
it has a 318/904 on a dodge D50 chassis

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/18/09 05:19 PM

wow on a D 50 i had one of those years ago,,i cant imagine the chassis being wide enough for a 1940s fat fender cab,, big shoe horn for the 318?? very kool,,,

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/18/09 05:55 PM

Quote:

wow on a D 50 i had one of those years ago,,i cant imagine the chassis being wide enough for a 1940s fat fender cab,, big shoe horn for the 318?? very kool,,,

here is a link to some of the build up of it, the engine fit really nice. Ron...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/63500871iDDFkt

Re: 1936 Super Goat - more to come... - 09/18/09 08:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Super Goat!

Tim thanks for the explanation on super goat,
"SUPER RAM" I get "super goat" my first thought is (pontiac)GTO

now sorry for all the negative comments in this thread on your truck. and to each his own on how they
want their rod to look.

to be honest and this is just my opinion, I feel the head lights look to squarish for the round body of the 36,

the front covers dont add anything to the overall look of the truck.

and the superbird style wing is a little to much for my taste.

"BUT" if you like these things on "YOUR "truck that all that matters....

I seen your for sale add here, My big question is how did you come up with the
$100K figure and the $150K figure with a interior
$50K for an interior

now I know a blown HEMI is not cheap but man $150K is an awfull lot of money, thats more than I paid for my house 15 years ago...

this is my truck that i am trying to sell right now, I will take $15K for it the way it is and if I finish the interior $18K, no takers yet.......

I am not trying to slam you but I just don't see how you figure $150K

Thanks Ron!

The truth is that it's out there mostly to create a buzz about our shop. If someone wanted to step up, I would work with them at the $100k mark and finish it out any number of ways.

It's not done yet, from no bumpers to roller tires, etc. The seats are bare racing seat frames but the color and racing stripes follow over the dash and out the back. The whole bed is polished on the inside to a mirror finish.

As mentioned above, it's hand made tube steel frame is painted to match and the 1,000HP hemi is backed up by a built hemi 4 speed, B body pitol grip and built Dana 60.

It's a work in progress ongoing for 6 or 7 years now. I turned down $125k when the market was booming and money was flowing. It's not really a street-rod as it's too much to handle on the street. In all of the shows it's won, it's been in the unlimited custom section.

BTW, I think your truck is gorgeous and I would be proud to own it! It's much more practical than mine is and there are many times that I've wished I hadn't gone so far out. You know?

Hey, back in the day nobody like superbird wings on superbirds! Remember?
© 2024 Moparts Forums