Moparts

rear window chrome trim

Posted By: plmczy

rear window chrome trim - 08/07/09 03:18 AM

I was told rear glass from tudor sedan 46-48 dodge and plymouths are the same as my 40. So I purchased the chrome trim from a 46-48 plymouth tudor sedan. I held it up to my back glass and it looks off on the bottom. I looked in the Steele rubber catalog and the rear window seal for the chrome trim is different between my 40 and 46-48's. My question is is the sheetmetal around the back window different between those years? Any help would be appreciated. later shawn
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/07/09 02:57 PM

Sorry, I don't have a Hollander interchange manual but if the seal and the trim is different, I'd guess the glass and sheetmetal is too.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/09/09 02:39 AM

Quote:

Sorry, I don't have a Hollander interchange manual but if the seal and the trim is different, I'd guess the glass and sheetmetal is too.

Actually, that may or may not be true, they could have used the same glass and modified the rubber and trim to fit the body, or maybe just the style of trim is different and the rubber is different to accomidate the trim. It would have been much cheaper to modify the trim and rubber then to change the glass and sheetmetal, and still have a much different apearance of the car. 40 was a change over year from the old body to the new body, anything could have been, and by 46-48, anything the car companies had laying around was game to use because cars were in hot demand. Gene
Posted By: therocks

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/09/09 02:31 PM

Have a pic of what you have?I have a 41 parts car and I believe the trim is there.Rocky

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/09/09 11:31 PM

Here's a pic of the trim sitting over my rear window. As you can see its wider in the lower corners of the window. The 48 plymouth rear window I picked up matches up with mine, I layed it over top of mine when I got home from getting it. Thanks for the help guy's later shawn
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/20/09 02:33 AM

if you need a measurement of a 40 dodge 2 door busniess coupe window let me know,,,fstfish66@aol.com
Posted By: EK2Runner

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/23/09 11:24 PM

Shawn , Did you get the rear seat to fit ?

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/24/09 03:11 AM

Yeah, the rear seat fits pretty good. The back is a little snug but it fits. I tried it as soon as I got home. Is this Maryland mike from the HAMB board?
Posted By: EK2Runner

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/24/09 05:18 AM

Yeah , saw your post ... thought id chime in .

Re: rear window chrome trim - 08/25/09 03:03 AM

How ya makin out with your 47? Did you ever get that pickup you were talking about? Nice hearing from ya.
© 2024 Moparts Forums