Moparts

Seats in the 34 Dodge

Posted By: B1arno

Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 02:58 AM

I finally have the seats in the 34 Dodge. I wanted them to be adjustable so that made for some extra work but I'm happy with the way they turned out. They are a tight fit, just touching in the middle with about 1/4" clearance on the door sides. They will probably just touch the doors when the door panels are on. Here are a couple of pics.
Arno

Attached picture 5365566-34Dodgeseats001.jpg

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 03:00 AM

This is the bracket I made to mount them.
Arno

Attached picture 5365572-34Dodgeseats002.jpg

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 03:01 AM

I had to modify the floor bracing to mount the brackets.
Arno

Attached picture 5365574-34Dodgeseats003.jpg
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 04:10 PM

What are the seats out of? How wide is your car door to door on the inside?

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 05:09 PM

The seats are out of a 99 Intrepid. At about the middle of the door,where the front of the seat is widest and approximently where the seats will be with me sitting in it, it is 42" wide.
Arno

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 06:23 PM

Quote:

The seats are out of a 99 Intrepid. At about the middle of the door,where the front of the seat is widest and approximently where the seats will be with me sitting in it, it is 42" wide.
Arno

Thanks, Im gonna measure my 37 truck in a little while.

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 07:50 PM

I measured my truck, about the same measurement. My only concern is they wont recline enough to be in a comfortable position without the seat being too close to the steering wheel.

Attached picture 5366689-206_0659(Large).JPG

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 08:03 PM

Quote:

I measured my truck, about the same measurement. My only concern is they wont recline enough to be in a comfortable position without the seat being too close to the steering wheel.

It does look pretty tight in there! You can always stretch the cab.
Good luck!
Arno

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/21/09 08:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It does look pretty tight in there! You can always stretch the cab.
Good luck!
Arno

The inside of this thing is no bigger than a mid 80s Niisan or Toyota PU.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/22/09 12:42 AM

I tried putting a set of mid 90s Intrepid seats in a 54 Dodge pickup cab and couldn't get a confortable angle on the seat. It was nearly straight up at 90 degrees, and the 54 cab is a lot longer then your 37. Don't think it will work. Truck cabs are just not long enough to put in seats that are not almost upright unless your real short. Gene

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/22/09 12:46 AM

Quote:

I tried putting a set of mid 90s Intrepid seats in a 54 Dodge pickup cab and couldn't get a confortable angle on the seat. It was nearly straight up at 90 degrees, and the 54 cab is a lot longer then your 37. Don't think it will work. Truck cabs are just not long enough to put in seats that are not almost upright unless your real short. Gene

Thats what I was afaid of. What options do I have?
Posted By: beesting

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/22/09 01:27 AM

the middle seat in a mini van is real close I heard i have bucket seats out of a 90s dodge car in my 38 truck they're to thick, ok for short trips but would'nt want to go to far

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/23/09 02:53 AM

You need a set of the "cheap" seats for your 37. Something like the plain jane ones from a front drive car like a Lebaron. They don't have much padding so they are thin and narrow. Most have an adjustable back rest position, but expect to have it nearly straight up. In my 50, I have a set of low back ford buckets that the top of the seat fits under the rear window ledge. That let me back up the seat about 4" or 5" giving a much better angle. The bad thing is it puts your head almost against the window, if I ever get rear ended, my head will take out the window. I have also heard the mini van rear bench seats work well. Gene
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/23/09 11:51 AM

I have a set of high back buckets in the 36 from a Durango or Dakoto. Fit well in the width and comfortable position. The drivers side is 6 way power.

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/24/09 05:51 AM

Quote:

I have a set of high back buckets in the 36 from a Durango or Dakoto. Fit well in the width and comfortable position. The drivers side is 6 way power.

That 36 be a car or a truck? There is more room in a car, even coupes have more seat room then trucks do. Gene
Posted By: moparx

Re: Seats in the 34 Dodge - 07/25/09 10:38 AM

my humpback measures approximately 48" at the door post and 46" in the center of the doors. i'm going to try to use the middle buckets [gray leather] out of my old 95 caravan. they are approximately 20" wide. this gives lots of room for the doors, but since my driveshaft hump will be rather high, i expect some slight mounting problems to crop up. also, since the roof is chopped, i expect i may [probably] have to lose the headrests. the nice thing about my deal is the fact i don't have a back of a cab to interfear with the seatback angle or foot room.
© 2024 Moparts Forums