Moparts

Gasser Suspension...whats your rear?

Posted By: TrWaters

Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 05/24/09 03:40 PM

I am trying to decide what to use in the rear of my Anglia gasser project. My plan is to stay as period correct (60's) as feasible. Long ladder bars seem to be the norm, but what about springs? Any ideas or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 05/27/09 11:45 PM

Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 05/28/09 02:09 AM

I won't be much help. Mine has the factory leafs under the rear., and no picks, I am afraid...
Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 05/28/09 02:40 AM

some of the gassers back then used leaf springs and some had ladderbars and coil springs(corvair front spring).
personally I like coilovers.

check out these pics from the Kong kong thames from back in the day. Ron...

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 05/30/09 01:01 AM

That is interesting, as the original (circa 1966) King Kong Anglia was built with a stock style front transverse spring, and rear with ladder bars and quarter elliptic leafs
Posted By: BradD

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 06/10/09 02:01 PM

I may still build a "Gasser" out of my 50 Coronet. Since it has a banjo rear in it stock, I was going to use an 8 3/4 out of a 69 B-Body with Vintage style ladder bars. That way I have the brakes and the bolt pattern that I want. I'll fab the ladder bars myself.
Brad
Posted By: boydsdodge

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 06/18/09 09:04 PM

Try the guys over at the H.A.M.B.
lots of gasser guys there.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 06/19/09 08:23 PM

Quote:

That is interesting, as the original (circa 1966) King Kong Anglia was built with a stock style front transverse spring, and rear with ladder bars and quarter elliptic leafs

My car had the quarter eliptic springs with big long ladder bars in the rear, and leaf springs in the front. It handled well at speed, but was a problem on tight turns. That probably could have been remidede though.

Mark

Attached picture 5303015-Henry1980001.jpg

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 06/19/09 08:27 PM

Here is a picture of how it looked when I got it. This is without engine, and I did my best to lower the front end height too.

Attached picture 5303024-Papasan.jpg

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 06/28/09 05:27 PM

Do you have any pictures of the chassis?

Re: Gasser Suspension...whats your rear? - 07/01/09 02:50 PM

I will look, but I don't think that I do. It was kind of a mess, but it worked OK. Very little up or down movement for the rear of the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums