Moparts

Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the works!

Posted By: rrbrucea

Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the works! - 04/27/09 12:19 PM

Yes, I really AM working on it! This is just the first rough sketch... and seeing if we hit the new skool/old skool feel well enough. Shoot me a PM if you would please, I have some questions/comments.

Also, need a good image of that Chrysler Fire Power script so I can get it worked into the side of the hood.

Attached picture 5190569-SampleLawfish38Coupe.jpg
Posted By: Mopar Ron

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the works! - 04/27/09 02:13 PM

That looks great so far Bruce , cant wait to see the finished product Ron...
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the works! - 04/27/09 04:30 PM

Bruce, looks great. I sent you a BIG image of the Chrysler Firepower.

Dave

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/27/09 04:50 PM

So, at the risk of starting a PUBLIC debate, how do you feel about making the windshield flush? Shaving the hinges and door handles? I know I trimmed off the wipers. Unless you're talking a totally FAIR weather car, I don't think that's really practical, but it makes for smoother and cleaner "art"...

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/27/09 05:28 PM

Oh, another thing, what are the chances of a remote hood release and getting rid of those ungainly handles? If you can make that work, it'll give you more freedom in how you can fit the Firepower script in...

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/27/09 08:16 PM

Quote:

Oh, another thing, what are the chances of a remote hood release and getting rid of those ungainly handles? If you can make that work, it'll give you more freedom in how you can fit the Firepower script in...

Bruce, what ever you like, let me know. I can figure out how to make that work?????? Maybe Ron could provide some inside on the remote hood latches? Maybe point me int he directin of the supplies and ideas how that could work?

As far as the window being flush???? I am not sure what you mean?

I do need to figure out how to make the wipers work and dont know if there is a way to hide them or not. They currently are installed on the upper side.

I would like to do the shaved hinges, but need to figure that out as well. which ones to use.

Dave

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/27/09 08:28 PM

The flush glass is like modern cars are built. It means moving the windshield channel OUT in the direction of the outside surface of the windshield and not having any molding around it. You see it on lots of rods these days, but I'm sure it's easier said than done...

It's REAL easy for me to draw things that make LOTS of work for YOU.
Posted By: shinnery

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/28/09 06:12 AM

Dave
On the hidden latches, you could look at a thread called "Powerwagon Buildup pics" by MACHO in the truck forum. About middle way down the third page he built a pair of latches to hold the tilt frontend down and something like that might work for you.
Bryce

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/29/09 12:12 PM

Here's the rear view... shows the dual exhaust trumpets inset into the rear pan with a molded lip, recessed license plate, frenched 3rd brake light, running boards blended into the fenders, and LED tail lights with blue dots of course!

Attached picture 5194979-SampleLawfish38CoupeRear.jpg

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/30/09 07:24 PM

Bruce, that looks great. I love the tail pipes and the third brake light below the back window. Now all I need to do is learn how to build it. I wonder if they make a ready made can for the license plate or if I need to fabricate that out of stock?

Any one know?

Dave
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/30/09 07:25 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...enched+license+

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/30/09 07:34 PM

Cool! I've started the pen and ink, so HOPEFULLY the color will come next week... but I've got some ideas rolling around in my head for the final art that will probably take some time. It's gonna be COOL!

Now, I LOVE being busy and all, but DANG folks are piling on! I wish I could do this stuff faster, but I'm only one guy, with a regular gig AND a family!

My biggest hope is that folks don't get teed off at me over the time it takes!
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 04/30/09 09:50 PM

I won't get teed off at you...I PROMISE!

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 12:04 PM

That's too easy Dan! As far as I recall, you're not on my waiting list!
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 02:02 PM

Just trying to relieve your sense of panic and allow a deep breath of peace!

I will, one day, I hope, commision you for a rendering of a future project, but for now I will enjoy your work from here!

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 04:24 PM

Quote:

Rod, thanks for the links. I have a bit too busy to start looking around. From $25.00 to $75.00 and they lookt he same. I think I will go witht he $25.00 version and install my own light system.

Bruce, dont hurry on my part, you know I am in no hurry for any of mine. I am also trying to sell the cuda vert!!!!! All I need is a buyer, 55K or 35 K and a DONE 63 64 max wedge era car thats NICE!!!!!

FOR SALE FOR SALE FOR SALE. I have decided that the Rod thing and sweptline trucks are my thing, not expensive E bodies. Someone posted a 49 Plymouth woodie on here as well and I would LOVE to have that car.

Attached picture 5200209-DSC03000.JPG

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 04:35 PM

Appreciate the reprieve, but I GOT to do this one! I'm really getting into it, PLUS I have to do stuff in the order folks came online...

Now, you need to build THIS to have a hauler for your rods. It would be cool with a Cummins and a roll-back bed to haul your rods and projects!

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/1146927191.html

PS: Siler City is really CLOSE to my house...

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 04:37 PM

Quote:

Looks like I will have to start with one of these boxes and make it work. Most are 1 or two incg boxes and then I will have to make the bottom deeper and fab in the sides, ect.

its a nice start. thanks Dave

Attached picture 5200232-0985_1[1].jpg

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 04:37 PM

mounted as they show------ I dotn like it, I like the way Bruce did it in the concept pic a ot better, but its deeper at the bottom, so I will have to mod it up.

Dave

Attached picture 5200234-c378_1[1].jpg

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 04:41 PM

"Artistically" speaking, I centered the one in your drawing between the tail lights and also made the top line of the plate "box" the same height as the top of the tail lights. That will give it a symetrical and well-thought-out appearance, like it was PLANNED that way...

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 04:51 PM

Quote:

"Artistically" speaking, I centered the one in your drawing between the tail lights and also made the top line of the plate "box" the same height as the top of the tail lights. That will give it a symetrical and well-thought-out appearance, like it was PLANNED that way...

Yea, its looks great, now I just have to be talented enough to make it come true.

These ready made boxes come n 1 and 2 inche deep boxes. I am thiking that 1 inch at the top, maybe two and almost four or so at th ebottom, what ever it takes with the curve to make it level.

Dave

Dave

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/01/09 05:41 PM

Dave I have used the recess from a mid 70's-80's ford van,
i just cut it out of the door and fit it to the back of the car Ron....

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/03/09 05:08 PM

Quote:

Dave I have used the recess from a mid 70's-80's ford van,
i just cut it out of the door and fit it to the back of the car Ron....

OK, so hows that look---come on Ron, you know what I need, pics man pics. It it looks similar to the one above, then the $25.00 is a deal for me. Just the drive to the junk yard costs that. Not many around here. But if its more like I need to fill the concaved areas, then

I think its time for me to hit the junk yard with 4 fresh natteries and a saws all for some pieces and parts.

Dave

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/08/09 12:58 PM

Attached picture 5215661-Lawfish38CoupeSample.jpg
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/08/09 01:42 PM

Quote:

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/08/09 02:43 PM

Re: Paging Lawfish–your rendering really IS in the work - 05/10/09 04:49 AM

Quote: