Moparts

Plazakota Part II

Posted By: moparpollack

Plazakota Part II - 12/18/18 03:03 AM

This is an update to Andy's thread for the 56 Plaza he installed the Dakota front chassis.

Today I got the car and it was what I expected plus a little more. There was tons of documentation including registration documentation since 1967. The car was described as having more damage than actually there. Again I didn't ask for pictures a the car was priced right.

After looking over the car it does need some things first being keys. Does anyone know a source for the door and truck locks? When I rewire the car I will add a modern starter switch so I'm not worried about that key.

I'm looking for an engine and transmission to get the car running. Probably will do a small block with an automatic overdrive. But until then I will plumb the brakes and get the master cylinder and pedal mounted for the automatic along with some floor patches.

Attached picture 29FA6090-53F7-4751-9874-42B22FC5E522.jpeg
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/18/18 04:19 AM

Ask these folks

http://www.oldmoparts.com/
Posted By: Mike P

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/18/18 11:58 AM

That is going to be a neat project. I'll actually be looking for something like that (55/56 Dodge or Plymouth)eventually for the Poly/Hemi engine I'm building.

As far as locks and keys I found it's sometimes cheaper on hard to find locks just to pull the locks and take them to a lock smith to have keys made.
Posted By: Old Ray

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/18/18 06:03 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: 67R/T4speeder

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/19/18 05:11 PM

I am really happy Plazakota went to a good home, AND that we can follow along with the build on Moparts.

I sure like my A500 transmission I swapped into my `67 Dart GT, so any help I can be in that area just ask.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/19/18 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By Mike P
That is going to be a neat project. I'll actually be looking for something like that (55/56 Dodge or Plymouth)eventually for the Poly/Hemi engine I'm building.

As far as locks and keys I found it's sometimes cheaper on hard to find locks just to pull the locks and take them to a lock smith to have keys made.
iagree Pull the locks and take to a local locksmith.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/20/18 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By 67R/T4speeder
I am really happy Plazakota went to a good home, AND that we can follow along with the build on Moparts.

I sure like my A500 transmission I swapped into my `67 Dart GT, so any help I can be in that area just ask.

Andy got your number and will be calling!
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/21/18 05:10 AM

A stroker Poly with a 518 behind it.

Kevin
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Plazakota Part II - 12/21/18 03:27 PM

I like it
© 2024 Moparts Forums