Moparts

Seats for the 34 Dodge

Posted By: B1arno

Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/01/09 03:14 AM

I was at the local wrecking yard today and found some excellent condition bucket seats in a 99 Intrepid. These things look and feel brand new. They sit pretty low so I was thinking they would fit nicely in my 34 Dodge coupe. Drivers seat is six way power. I ask for a price and they told me $100 for both. I thought great! So I get them home and it looks like it will take a lot of work to get them to sit low enough. I might even have to take off all of the power and adustment stuff. I did test the power functions and everthing works great. The car is chopped 2" and channeled 3" so I knew I needed something short. Oh well, Making stuff work is half the fun.
Arno
Posted By: dirt

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/01/09 02:26 PM

cut and make it fit , seems to be that way with everything i try to do .even new stuff.
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/03/09 08:34 PM

How do they fit width wise ? My '33 will be needing seats and I just can't bring myself to use the Fiero pieces.

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/06/09 12:49 AM

They are snug width wise. They are close to touching in the middle and on the sides. Mine are going to be pushed pretty far back, and as you know, the further back you go the wider the body gets.
Arno

Attached picture 5072956-seat.jpg
Posted By: GTXperience

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/16/09 11:18 AM

Quote:

They are snug width wise. They are close to touching in the middle and on the sides. Mine are going to be pushed pretty far back, and as you know, the further back you go the wider the body gets.
Arno

Arno, just make sure you can still hang the arm out the window.

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/16/09 02:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Arno

:^) That will be key to seat placement. I am looking forward to fat arming around town.
Arno

Attached picture 5096724-newgrille004.jpg
Posted By: GTXperience

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/18/09 06:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Arno

:^) That will be key to seat placement. I am looking forward to fat arming around town.
Arno

Any pics of the seats you picked up? BTW: I found an upholsterer up in the Santa Rosa area that is using the center seats from Caravans/Voyagers and doing some really nice work for a very affordable price. He does mainly traditional rod upholstery. I am going to be taking my seat (for the '35 PJ) up to him in a few weeks.
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/18/09 08:24 PM

The seat in my truck is rear fold down seat from a 69 Mopar wagon.

Attached picture 5102586-206_0659(Large).JPG

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 03/21/09 06:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Arno

Arno

Any pics of the seats you picked up? BTW: I found an upholsterer up in the Santa Rosa area that is using the center seats from Caravans/Voyagers and doing some really nice work for a very affordable price. He does mainly traditional rod upholstery. I am going to be taking my seat (for the '35 PJ) up to him in a few weeks.

I think I finally can get a pic up of the drivers seat.
Arno

Attached picture 5108963-ebay002.jpg

Re: Seats for the 34 Dodge - 07/14/09 01:47 AM

After several months of working on the house I took this weekend to work on the 34 Dodge coupe. I am installing the seats. It took all weekend but I got the drivers seat installed. I can now sit in the car and make engine noises! I ended up removing all the power features, fabbing a new mount for the seat, making stops for the seat back, adding a pair of sliders from Summit, and rebuilding the supports for the floor to accept the sliders. It seems like mounting seats should be easier. When I get the passenger side in I will post some pics.
It felt so good I just had to share.
Arno
© 2024 Moparts Forums