Moparts

37 coupe question. NOW WITH PICTURES!!!

Posted By: codfish

37 coupe question. NOW WITH PICTURES!!! - 09/04/17 07:37 PM

Did any 37 coupes come with rear seating? Not a rumble seat but inside.

I may be getting one but I need to be able to tote the wife and kids around. Haven't seen th ecar yet but should have pics shortly. I'm completely new to this era so please school me. Can it be done? We're short if that helps whistling

codfish
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 37 5 window coupe question - 09/04/17 07:42 PM

there was no room in my 38 5 window coupe for a rear seat.
Posted By: wannadrag

Re: 37 5 window coupe question - 09/04/17 11:09 PM

The only way is jump seats like a 80s s10 had
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 37 5 window coupe question - 09/05/17 01:01 AM

If we are talking a P4 coupe I don't think so.

2 door sedan, yeah ton of room, you can put a sofa back there, that's essentially what the factory did.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: 37 5 window coupe question - 09/08/17 10:54 PM

Looking at images online I don't see how you could fit seats. You say you're short so you may be able to squeeze two jump seats in there. Three will fit across the front seat if you like each other. It's a fine looking car but a 2-door sedan would work much, much better.

R.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 37 5 window coupe question - 09/09/17 03:03 AM

I had a 39 Plymouth Business coupe (37-39 are the same basic body). If you pulled the package tray out, backed the separation between the cab and the trunk back, there would be room to put a couple of sideways jump seats there (about 18"). The biggest problem will be the head room. The rear roof has a pretty dramatic angle behind the doors, there is very little space between where the package tray normally sits and the roof line. The jump seats would be useful until the kids started getting tall (read that is their heads reach above the seat back), then they will be sitting with the necks tilted to the side with their heads against the steel roof.

My current car is a 48 Plymouth business coupe. It would have more head room for a rear seat then the 37-39 body, but not much. That is probably why Mopar developed the Club Coupe with a back seat. Those have a much higher rear roof line then the Business coupes do.

2 and 4 door sedans (all years) have a lot of room in the back. Gene

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/09/17 03:52 AM

Well here it is. Got it home yesterday.

Attached picture IMG_3496.JPG

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/09/17 03:54 AM

Titled as a 37 Dodge, not Plymouth.

Attached picture IMG_3506.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3499.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3505.JPG

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/09/17 03:57 AM

Now for the stuff the purists here will not want to see.

Attached picture IMG_3504.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3500.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3507.JPG

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/09/17 04:27 AM

Running gear from a 96 GM. Fuel injected 350/6 speed. 342 rear. Huge by large MT Sportsmans on the rear. I have 2 sets of fenders and a mint set of running boards with the car, but not painted. Fairly positive the fenders won't house the 31x18.5 15 rubber. Previous owner built it this way. It'll stay like this til I get it on the road and running. Needs a full interior, and I need to find out what the front suspension is outta. I may need to order something to fix the positive camber issue.

Also, he gave me a grill with the car. I'm pretty sure it's a Plymouth grill. I'd hate to cut it up to try and make it fit. Can anyone tell me for sure what this grill is from?

Attached picture IMG_3508.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3509.JPG

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/09/17 04:49 AM

If anyone here with a similar car could share some pics of weather stripping, door jambs, trunk latch areas, trim, headliner, etc I would be greatly appreciative.

Codfish
Posted By: Crizila

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/21/17 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By codfish
If anyone here with a similar car could share some pics of weather stripping, door jambs, trunk latch areas, trim, headliner, etc I would be greatly appreciative.

Codfish
Awesome car! I went with an electric GM style trunk latch. Also included a hidden manual pull release rod so I can open the trunk manually to get to the battery if need be.

Attached picture trunk latch3.jpg
Attached picture trunk latch1.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/22/17 02:33 PM

Also, he gave me a grill with the car. I'm pretty sure it's a Plymouth grill. I'd hate to cut it up to try and make it fit. Can anyone tell me for sure what this grill is from?

looks like the grille that was on my 38 plymouth coupe.
beer

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/25/17 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By moparx

beer

Are 37 and 38 Plymouths the same? The grill that is.

codfish
Posted By: moparx

Re: 37 coupe question - 09/25/17 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By moparx

beer

Are 37 and 38 Plymouths the same? The grill that is.

codfish

no. 37 and 38 front end parts are different. you can swap the entire assemblies, but not the individual parts.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums