33 plymouth coupe kit ?

Posted By: theraif

33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/24/17 10:54 PM

shruggy

Attached picture AAnhlMM.img.jpg
Attached picture AAnhjsr.img.jpg
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/25/17 05:04 AM

looks like a prowler with a 33 Ford nose job.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/25/17 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By Supercuda
Beautiful, but ya, a real stretch to call it a 33 Plymouth. Here's mine. Much less of a stretch.

Attached picture 1 bad 33.jpg
Attached picture 33 and trailer2.jpg
Attached picture Plymouth5.jpg
Attached picture 33 Plymouth at Jakes Corner.jpg

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/25/17 07:26 PM

ok i see where i got confused , the rear of the cars have the same type of flare

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/25/17 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By Supercuda
iagree Things can get GRAY pretty quick in todays custom rod world. It's open to all types of artistic renditions. Actually not a bad thing. Mine obviously does not say Ford, but even with the Plymouth grill medallion, the Plymouth "boat" etched in to the 1/4 windows, I still get a lot of "what is it" questions. Added a dead give-a-way to the dash board.

Attached picture plymouth etching.jpg
Attached picture dash plymouth script.jpg

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/26/17 02:41 PM

Not saying it don't look good.

Not even saying it is a Prowler with a nose job, though lord knows the rod above looks much better than the stock Prowler. But when I saw it I thought Prowler with a 33 Ford nose.

That is essentially what rodding is about, building what pleases YOU, not me.
Posted By: Matt Erich

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/27/17 02:35 AM

They are calling the Ridler winner a 33 Ford with a handmade all Aluminum body.
Posted By: Matt Erich

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/27/17 02:38 AM

We are building 2 Roadsters at the Custom33 shop currently. The first car will be a very nice driver with a 360 engine. I will be posting pictures very soon of the entire build. The 2nd car will be a full show car with a baby Hemi and independent rear suspension.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/27/17 03:13 AM

I like both of the cars pictured above.

Sheldon

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/27/17 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By Matt Erich
They are calling the Ridler winner a 33 Ford with a handmade all Aluminum body.

Be nice if you told us that was the car pictured above.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/27/17 04:58 AM

I had to Google 33 Plymouth to remind myself what they actually looked like. Sorry, none of the above look like a 33 Plymouth.
Not saying they are not good looking cars, but I much prefer something more along the lines of the original car, maybe lowered a bit.
I guess that is why we all have our own opinions, and we know what they are worth.

Crizlla, Years ago I had a 35 Dodge sedan. It was an actual Dodge sedan, and had Dodge scripts on the doors. i had people argue with me that it wasn't a 35 Dodge because it was a trunkless sedan. I carried a 1935 sales flyer showing the 2 door Dodge trunkless sedan just so those guys would quit arguing with me at every show I was at. I believe some guys get a picture of what a brand of car is suppose to look like, and any of that car that doesn't fit into their vision of that brand can't be a "real" car. They have a right to remain stupid. They are not ignorant, because being ignorant implies they have not been presented with the truth, Being stupid means to continue with wrong beliefs even after having been presented with the truth. Gene

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/27/17 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By poorboy
I had to Google 33 Plymouth to remind myself what they actually looked like. Sorry, none of the above look like a 33 Plymouth.
Not saying they are not good looking cars, but I much prefer something more along the lines of the original car, maybe lowered a bit.
I guess that is why we all have our own opinions, and we know what they are worth.

Crizlla, Years ago I had a 35 Dodge sedan. It was an actual Dodge sedan, and had Dodge scripts on the doors. i had people argue with me that it wasn't a 35 Dodge because it was a trunkless sedan. I carried a 1935 sales flyer showing the 2 door Dodge trunkless sedan just so those guys would quit arguing with me at every show I was at. I believe some guys get a picture of what a brand of car is suppose to look like, and any of that car that doesn't fit into their vision of that brand can't be a "real" car. They have a right to remain stupid. They are not ignorant, because being ignorant implies they have not been presented with the truth, Being stupid means to continue with wrong beliefs even after having been presented with the truth. Gene
PoorBoy, The attached go's with me to every car show. I set it out so all can plainly see the difference between my car and ( as you say )a real 33 Plymouth. Debating what is real or not is kinda silly. Would the car on the right in the pic be a real 33 Plymouth if I chopped the top, channeled it, sectioned it, installed fiberglass fenders, etc.?? Could you truthfully say your 35 is real if you shaved off the door handles?
As compared to the car on the right, my car is not a real 33 Plymouth. It is licensed and titled as a 33 Plymouth - and that is the truth.

Attached picture 33Plymouth comparison.jpg

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/27/17 09:36 PM

Ridler winner>> http://www.streetmusclemag.com/event-cov...-autorama-2017/

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/28/17 04:06 PM

We are building 2 Roadsters at the Custom33 shop currently. The first car will be a very nice driver with a 360 engine. I will be posting pictures very soon of the entire build. The 2nd car will be a full show car with a baby Hemi and independent rear suspension.
Looking forward to seeing those builds Matt.
Posted By: moparx

Re: 33 plymouth coupe kit ? - 02/28/17 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By Crizila
Looking forward to seeing those builds Matt.

me too ! up i just love 33-34 everythings. but humpbacks in particular......... [i know.....mine isn't progressing very well]
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums