Moparts

57 dodge sierra wagon with engine and trans from 97 ram.

Posted By: Biggie

57 dodge sierra wagon with engine and trans from 97 ram. - 08/14/16 10:17 PM

Not sure where to put this so i will start here. I have a motor and trans out of a 97 sst ram. It is still fuel injected. I have developed a miss but only after it shifts into overdrive. It will miss when i lighty ste on the gas. If i put my foot into it it runs fine. I have replaced plugs, wires, throttle position sensor, fuel injectors. Only codes i get are miss fire in almost every cylinder and battery temp sensor which isnt hooked up. I have an aermotive regulator that is set for 51 psi at idle and holds steady as i increase throttle. What am i missing?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/14/16 11:20 PM

If you have a misfire in almost all cylinders then it's something in common.

the injectors all use a common 12V to them and the computer switches the ground on the fuel side. I believe those engines had a plenum leak issue that might be something to look at too.

On the ignition side there is a lot more in common electrically.

I would look in those areas first. Cap, rotor, coil, etc.

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/14/16 11:52 PM

Plenum was fixed before we dropped motor in which was about 700 miles ago. I guess i will look at it again. Same with coil. I will rplace cap and rotor just to rule it out. I have a round 10" air clraner on it. Could the engine not be getting enough cold air?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/15/16 01:36 AM

unless the filter is only 1/2" tall or packed full of dirt I doubt that is the problem.

Rereading the problem it looks like it's a high load, minimal throttle situation where it occurs, I'm sorta thinking vacuum leak somewhere. WOT is usually rich anyway, so a vacuum leak doesn't show up as easily then. Generally, I'm thinking the ignition would not be that picky.

Have you done any vacuum leak tests?

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/15/16 03:10 AM

Filter is like two inches tall. Never thought of vacuum. I replaced one i had to fuel regulator. Brake booster was fine but i will definitely test it. We never thought of that. Thanks!

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/17/16 12:32 AM

According to vacuum gauge im holding steady at just over 16 at idle. I sprayed carb cleaner at every hose end and no difference in idle. On the right side of engine i have fuel regulator and pcv valve and on left side i have brake booster and the other is plugged. Front is plugged too. Plenum looked great.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/17/16 06:43 PM

Got a couple of pics for a fellow '57 Sierra owner?

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/18/16 03:09 AM

Not sure how from my phone

Re: 57 dodge sierra wagon - 08/24/16 03:13 AM

Hey mods can this be moved to truck section?
© 2024 Moparts Forums