Moparts

fiberglass 33 plymouth front fenders

Posted By: moparx

fiberglass 33 plymouth front fenders - 12/26/15 04:50 PM

millions of years ago, AI industries in maryland[i think] started the manufacturing of fiberglass parts for our early cars. as my humpback needed all sheet metal, i bought a set of everything dave anderson made. years and years later, it was apparent i no longer needed these items as pennsylvania finally allows hot rods to legally be road worthy without hoods, fenders, and bumpers. at one time, i started to fit the front bumpers to my 100% fabbed chassis and front suspension, and really didn't like the looks fenders had on this project. it has been, from the beginning, visualized as a fenderless ride, and now will stay true to my vision of many,many years ago. anyway, back to the front fenders. i cut a couple of small, rectangular pieces out of the inner splash aprons that extended into the fender itself. i kept those instead of tossing them as so often happens. my question is this. should i put these pieces back into the fenders and refinish the 'glass, or just advertise them as is to resell ? as they have never been installed on anything, i would guess the glass would need tweeked anyway because of possible warpage incurred during storage all these years. thoughts anyone ?
beer
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: fiberglass 33 plymouth front fenders - 12/26/15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By moparx
millions of years ago, AI industries in maryland[i think] started the manufacturing of fiberglass parts for our early cars. as my humpback needed all sheet metal, i bought a set of everything dave anderson made. years and years later, it was apparent i no longer needed these items as pennsylvania finally allows hot rods to legally be road worthy without hoods, fenders, and bumpers. at one time, i started to fit the front bumpers to my 100% fabbed chassis and front suspension, and really didn't like the looks fenders had on this project. it has been, from the beginning, visualized as a fenderless ride, and now will stay true to my vision of many,many years ago. anyway, back to the front fenders. i cut a couple of small, rectangular pieces out of the inner splash aprons that extended into the fender itself. i kept those instead of tossing them as so often happens. my question is this. should i put these pieces back into the fenders and refinish the 'glass, or just advertise them as is to resell ? as they have never been installed on anything, i would guess the glass would need tweeked anyway because of possible warpage incurred during storage all these years. thoughts anyone ?
beer

Cliff note version should I keep or sell my fenders?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: fiberglass 33 plymouth front fenders - 12/27/15 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By moparpollack
Originally Posted By moparx
beer

Cliff note version should I keep or sell my fenders?

Na, cliff note version: Should I sell my modified fenders as modified or should I take them back to "as sold" condition?

Sell them as is, with the cut out pieces included. Let the "new owner" do as he chooses. Gene
Posted By: moparx

Re: fiberglass 33 plymouth front fenders - 12/27/15 02:26 PM

he,he,he. there is usually a back story in my life that needs told for some reason, and most of the time i get carried away. hope nobody gets irritated at me for this. old guys just like to hear themselves talk it seems. question was, as you correctly put it, "do i fix these things or sell 'em as is ?" your answer was as i thought it should be. i guess i just needed some prodding. thanks gene !
beer
Posted By: poorboy

Re: fiberglass 33 plymouth front fenders - 12/28/15 10:12 PM

I too seem to feel the need to write a book every time I do something!

Us old guys tend to think the same, if it really comes down to it, and we all need that little prodding to keep us in line. LOL! Gene
© 2024 Moparts Forums