Moparts

early dodge truck seat replacement

Posted By: 2abodymcodes

early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/28/14 09:15 PM

the stock seat in my 42 dodge truck is very uncomfortable. sits up too high and too bouncy. what late model seat will fit in the cab. was looking at Chrysler town & country minivan 3rd rear seats. any suggestions?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 03:49 AM

Bucket seats almost always fit. I believe Dakota seats will fit as well.

Watch out for seats with thick back cushions and a leaned back backrest. They will put you real close the the steering wheel. Usually, low back seats where the seat back fits under the rear window ledge give you as much steering wheel clearance as possible, which is usually the biggest issue with modern seats. Gene
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 04:33 AM

Used Dakota or Durango seats in the 36 Coupe. Fit very well and power!
Posted By: savoy64

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 07:27 AM

that 3rd seat works well---also those low back dodge van seats work well----like previous says the high back buckets seat backs are thick and put you on the steering wheel.....
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 07:27 AM

Quote:

the stock seat in my 42 dodge truck is very uncomfortable. sits up too high and too bouncy. what late model seat will fit in the cab. was looking at Chrysler town & country minivan 3rd rear seats. any suggestions?

The seat in my 37 is the 3rd seat from a 69 B body wagon, it's the perfect size IMO

Attached picture 8376968-image.jpg

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 07:29 AM

I made it folding too

Attached picture 8376969-image.jpg
Posted By: rattler

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 05:07 PM

I used power buckets from a jeep cherokee in my 57. They solved the placement issue and are a low back. Junkyard cheap too.
Posted By: 2abodymcodes

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 07:40 PM

I like the b body 3rd seat idea but that is impossible to find around here. our local pick and pull has about 30 chrysler mini vans. i'll grab a back seat and try it.

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 08:43 PM

Quote:

I like the b body 3rd seat idea but that is impossible to find around here. our local pick and pull has about 30 chrysler mini vans. i'll grab a back seat and try it.

Put a want ad here on Moparts
Posted By: moparx

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/29/14 11:24 PM

if ya can't find one you like locally, and wouldn't mind traveling to mile 78 on I-80 , i'll give ya one from my bus i ain't using.
Posted By: moparx

Re: early dodge truck seat replacement - 12/30/14 12:17 AM

here is a 3rd row seat that came from my junked 95 caravan in my cousin's model A. we had to pie cut the front to fit, but that was an easy deal. it retains the folding back, and we used the mechanism that folds the whole seat forward on the passenger side bucket to access the under seat storage area. it is assisted with the worn out hood struts from my wife's 93 chrysler concorde. they wouldn't hold the hood up, but work great on the seat mechanism !

Attached picture 8377486-P9210012(800x600).jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums