Moparts

rear view camera?

Posted By: poorboy

rear view camera? - 06/27/13 04:45 AM

Hey guys, trying to see out the rear of my 48 Plymouth is a pita. I was in a store the other day and saw rear view camera kits for around $120. You hang the camera on the rear license plate and mount a 3 1/2" wireless screen on the dash (or get the rear view mirror version). The power for the camera comes off the backup light switch. One would presume the screen is blank unless there is power from the back up light switch. It is suppose to present a clear rear view of anything more the 3' behind the camera mounting point.
Does anyone have or know someone with one? Do the work? It would be nice to actually be able to see what is behind my car when I want to back up. Thoughts? Gene
Posted By: sixpack4spd

Re: rear view camera? - 07/09/13 05:14 AM

You can get them a lot cheaper than that. Check e-bay. You can get a camera and monitor for around $30. They work great.

You can get one that pops into about a 1" hole and sits flush.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: rear view camera? - 07/09/13 05:53 AM

I got mine for 50.00 and free shipping.

Re: rear view camera? - 07/10/13 04:32 AM

Thanks, I will look into Ebay. Any other choices for places to buy from, I really dislike ebay.
What brands do you guys that have them have? Are some brands better then others? Any brands to avoid? So many questions.....Gene
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: rear view camera? - 07/10/13 04:36 AM

Mine came from Stylin Trucks..

Re: rear view camera? - 07/10/13 05:17 AM

Quote:

Mine came from Stylin Trucks..

Web site?
Posted By: Biggie

Re: rear view camera? - 07/10/13 05:28 AM

http://www.stylintrucks.com/?scid=XM805353&ST_SRC=PPC

although I didnt see a $50 one on their site