Moparts

I want a KB Aluminum Block

Posted By: Anonymous

I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/26/11 03:47 AM

To build a motor with big cubic inches. Are they still available?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/26/11 03:49 AM

yep
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/26/11 03:57 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=9#Post6916769

Ken Black.. KB (562) 869-1518.

Chris..
Posted By: KB RACING ENG

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/28/11 06:46 AM

Thanks Chris. We will be back to Std hours on Nov 28th.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/28/11 08:34 AM

Quote:

Thanks Chris. We will be back to Std hours on Nov 28th.

That's great to hear..

Every true Mopar person should be very happy to see this..

Chris..
Posted By: Mulehead

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/28/11 04:35 PM

The best time to call Ken is around 6.00 pm eastern time.Ken in shop most of the day.Every,every help full.Street Hemi block.

Attached picture 6940165-DSC05806.JPG
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/28/11 08:08 PM

If you buy one you are going to love it. GREAT customer service also.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/28/11 08:29 PM

Now is the best time ever to buy used race parts, they have never been cheaper than now. My
I have 2 KB blocks that are not for sale at this time. Used parts are so cheap right now I am not even considering to sell my stuff now.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/28/11 10:09 PM

Quote:

Now is the best time ever to buy used race parts, they have never been cheaper than now. My

I have casually looked for an aftermarket block for my rebuild over the course of the last few weeks.. Checked Ebay, RJ, YB and here.. cant seem to find any "smoking deals" out there..
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/28/11 10:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have casually looked for an aftermarket block for my rebuild over the course of the last few weeks.. Checked Ebay, RJ, YB and here.. cant seem to find any "smoking deals" out there..

Your not looking in the right places, try inside top alcohol, national dragster and places like that. KB blocks may hold there value more than some parts. But most of the racers are using BAE billet blocks now so the mud/monster trucks and boat racers are using the KB stuff and it should be cheaper, imo.
I had a Top dragster racer try to steal one of my KB/BAE motors a couple months ago, he was telling me how cheap he can find stuff now. I told him to go elsewhere because I was not giving my stuff away.
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 11/29/11 05:47 AM

there was a kb block on inside top alch. for sale said never windowed for thought 3,500.00 its a solid block so no street driving with it lol
Posted By: B1duster

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/25/11 07:27 AM

Whats the price of a new 4.5 street block ?
Posted By: moparniac

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/25/11 01:22 PM

I'd love to have an all aluminum KB street HEMI block
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/27/11 10:29 PM

Quote:

Mine was $6000.00 and some change but it was a special order raised cam 45* lifter angle bushed lifter bores 4.530" bore all to run Predator heads and make 596CID.

Posted By: Dragula

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/27/11 10:43 PM

Quote:

I'd love to have an all aluminum KB street HEMI block

Ditto on that one...It would look really good in my engine bay.
Posted By: jamesc

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/28/11 06:12 AM

Quote:

pick up the phone, write a check
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/28/11 02:13 PM

Quote:

My 4.5" bore KB street hemi block was 5 grand shipped. That was in 2006 though, not sure if they've gone up.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/28/11 04:36 PM

Mine was a lot But had bushed lifter bores, and large journal cam and roller bearings.
Posted By: Old School

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/28/11 09:35 PM

is the price difference close between the indy and kb blocks? does anyone know the weight difference between the two? for a street motor, if price was close which would you choose?
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/28/11 11:01 PM

Quote:

is the price difference close between the indy and kb blocks? does anyone know the weight difference between the two? for a street motor, if price was close which would you choose?

The KB IMO, is heads and tails above any other aluminum block our there. The Indy block pay look cheaper at face value, but by the time you get the machine work done that Indy charges for (it comes standard with the KB) the price will be within pennies. The only problem with KB is the wait, and I hear that isn't as long as when I ordered mine. If it's for a race only application though, get everything done up front as it will cost more if you need to have it done later.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/29/11 02:42 AM

Quote:

I checked it years ago, and it was 22lbs more on the KB.That tells you how much beefier the block is. Although I think Indy has beefed up there block since then. Still, there is no comparison between the two. KB is king.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/29/11 05:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=0f6l1QljpMo&feature=endscreen

Sorry.........I couldn't resist.
Posted By: KB RACING ENG

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/29/11 06:24 AM

For a KB Street HEMI current price is $5,500 and the weight is around 155lbs with the KB ductile iron main caps. Delivery time is still running around 12 weeks but we are working very hard on getting this shortened. As soon as we catch up on getting our raw material put through production lead times will drop a lot. We're getting close.

Thanks for everyone's support; it helps more than you know.

Ken Black

Attached picture 6989742-KBStreetHEMI.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/29/11 06:35 AM

IIRC our old Indy block was right at 127lbs. Needless to say either one is much lighter than an aftermarket iron block. My World iron block tipped the scales at 308lbs

Guess I should state that the Indy was a low deck block as that will make a slight difference.

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/29/11 06:44 AM

I think my world aluminum RB was 160 bare.
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/29/11 11:49 PM

What you need to take into account, is the customer service that you will get, when you buy a block, or anything else from KB.

The customer service is second to none....PERIOD.

It may take a while to get your block, but, it is worth the wait, as you know that you are getting the finest product available. I know this firsthand.

Think about it, when considering the other options that are out there. To me, KB was a no brainer, when I wanted an aluminum block.

Ken - Happy New Year! Please give your mom a hug from all of the Costanza's.

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/29/11 11:56 PM

Quote:

What you need to take into account, is the customer service that you will get, when you buy a block, or anything else from KB.

good point! World told me to go pound sand on the chinese studs with ARP nuts that came with my block. they have ARP now though that I bought.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: I want a KB Aluminum Block - 12/30/11 12:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

good point! World told me to go pound sand on the chinese studs with ARP nuts that came with my block. they have ARP now though that I bought.

I would have billed them for those and a fresh line hone. Ain't touching one of theirs....
© 2024 Moparts Forums