Moparts

Headers are done

Posted By: B1Fish540

Headers are done - 10/10/08 05:35 AM

Al, and Lil':
Took a few pix today at the header shop. will bring it "home" this week end and before long, mount the newly painted front end.

We're gettin' there!

Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 06:19 AM

Very nice. My new ones just showed up today.

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 07:25 AM

Thanks, Lil!

I thought they looked more impressive "in person"...but the pix give you an idea of what I got. Heres another..

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 08:32 AM

They definitely dont looks as good as yours, Al. Having to make them go between the stock frame rails called for alot of extra cutting...not as pretty.(and this is the prettiest side..lol)

Posted By: moeflo

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 11:15 AM

Fish, very nice (and difficult) work.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 11:17 AM

how thick is the flange

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 06:06 PM

Quote:

how thick is the flange

Thanks for the Mr. P! I believe they are 3/8 might be 5/16, tho.
Posted By: 72challorange

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 06:35 PM

Those look sweet Fish540!

Looks like a fun ride too.

Tom
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 06:51 PM

That is some mighty fine work you did!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 06:53 PM

Nice! Nothin' looks as cool as a custom set of headers. Gettin them coated??
Posted By: mopowers

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/10/08 07:12 PM

Those look sweet!!! How did you weld in between the 2 middle tubes?

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/11/08 04:39 AM

Quote:

Those look sweet Fish540!

Looks like a fun ride too.

Tom

Tom, Thanks! I been meaning to send you some shots of the car. There are quite a few pics on my buds site here: www.marsh-racing.com He has a huge gallery and tons of cool cars to brouse thru.

Dave

heres one...

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/11/08 04:44 AM

Quote:

Those look sweet!!! How did you weld in between the 2 middle tubes?

Thanks Mopowers! But...I cant take credit for the fab work. They were done by EC1 Racing in Davison, MI. I really dont know how thats done, just know he is pretty gifted with a torch.

Quote:

That is some mighty fine work you did!

Thanks HEMIDART, wish I could take the credit...sure am glad there are guys like EC1 out there , tho!
Quote:

Fish, very nice (and difficult) work.

Thankyou, moe! Your studied opinion means alot to me(you know that )

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/11/08 04:48 AM

Quote:

Nice! Nothin' looks as cool as a custom set of headers. Gettin them coated??

Yes! I will be getting in touch. I already got that qoute from ya(couple weeks ago) and it sounded very reasonable!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/11/08 05:05 AM

Looking good...Will be extra nice when coated. I am gonna get mine done after my next race on the 18th.

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/11/08 05:31 AM

Quote:

Looking good...Will be extra nice when coated. I am gonna get mine done after my next race on the 18th.

Thanks, Al! I went back and looked at yours..definitely worth the 2 grand, IMHO!
I just cant deicide which coating would look best..lol still about it..

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/11/08 06:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, Al! I went back and looked at yours..definitely worth the 2 grand, IMHO!
I just cant deicide which coating would look best..lol still about it..

Al, good luck on the 18th..we'e all waiting to see how that new bullit runs!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/12/08 12:15 AM

Nice work. Looks like stock frame rails?
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/12/08 01:02 AM

they look good in those stock rails. wow that motor back about 8" or so, i'm jealous
Posted By: Scotts71chall

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 01:15 AM

Why dont people make custom headers in stainless steel and not have to coat them. Im thinkin about doing that this winter on my world block hemi, in my challenger.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 02:13 AM

Looks very nice
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 03:47 AM

Quote:

Why dont people make custom headers in stainless steel and not have to coat them. Im thinkin about doing that this winter on my world block hemi, in my challenger.

Stainless seems to crack easier. My coating guys see a lot of cracked headers and race mufflers made of stainless.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 04:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Stainless seems to crack easier. My coating guys see a lot of cracked headers and race mufflers made of stainless.

Well My header guy has yet to see a cracked SS header he built. That includes headers that came back for repair that were severely bent from the round-d-round racers banging into each other. I went with stainless. He uses steel flanges with SS tubes.
Posted By: earlybee

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 04:20 AM

Some tips, http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12855&sid=85b512d2c0fec303f3e9e91a5e99504d

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/12/08 04:30 AM

Quote:

Nice work. Looks like stock frame rails?

Thanks . Yes, stock rails..thats the only thing left from the stock chassis..just those two rails.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 05:00 AM

Quote:

$$$$ in my case...Have you priced Stainless tubing lately

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 05:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thats exactly what my header guy said when I asked him about it. We were talking about coatings and I said i like the "natural" steel look. And SS is about the only way to really get that look...but..like you say..mucho denaro!! I would do it if i could, tho.

Re: Headers are done(me, too!) - 10/12/08 05:21 AM

Quote:

they look good in those stock rails. wow that motor back about 8" or so, i'm jealous

Thanks very much, bigtimeauto!

Yeah, she sits back about 10". The rear has been moved forward 4"..this car should hook...lol! Wheelie bars are ready to go on!
Posted By: jughed

Re: Headers are done - 10/12/08 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that's no kidding...i lucked out. had a stainless set made last year when the price was more reasonable.
© 2024 Moparts Forums